I posted a thread a couple days ago about how my blackberry bold was stolen from me in the middle of a mall by some little punk who just walked up to me and grabbed it from my hand and ran away. I was in so much shock and the most upsetting part is that I was on crutches when it happened so i couldnt chase. I didnt know what to do and noone would help me stop him!! what a world we live in. Anyways I called rogers 5 times over the past 2 days and have been getting different stories about whether or no the bold was even registered on my ACCOUNT OR NOT :s two reps said it was and three said it wasnt so I have NO IDEA if the phone was even blacklisted by rogers because they couldnt tell me! I was so confused by what they were telling and so upset since i just bought the phone off contract last week!

So anyways this is where i need your help EVERYONE.... THE PIN NUMBER OF MY STOLEN BLACKBERRY BOLD IS 207b1669

I would like to request that everyone with a blackberry send a PIN MESSAGE TO THIS LOSER WHO STOLE MY PHONE just to give HIM the hassle of having to DEAL with all the messages.

That is the only form of payback i can do. I contacted the police but of course they cant do much with the video tapes in the mall because the kid could be anyone.

If anyone is willing to help I would be very grateful.
    01-31-10 04:33 PM
    call rogers again, talk with blackberry tech support, if that tech isnt able to help or doesnt know what he is talking about, ask for a supervisor... and if the supervisor doesnt know what to do ask them to transfer you to RIM directly and talk to RIM and have them blacklist the PIN and IMEI... thats all i can suggest... i hope you called rogers right away and had them block the SIM card so the kid doesnt make long distances call and such... anyways good luck to you sir! and sorry to hear about your loss
    01-31-10 05:00 PM
    You did call Rogers to get your SIM blocked right?

Anyway, next time be sure to install an app like E-gps or BuddyGuard so you can trace your phone via GPS, block it, or completely wipe it if necessary.
    01-31-10 05:02 PM
    If the user pulled your Rogers sim and put a different one in, would it still be registered under your account?

will he receive the PIN messages?

Ill send one out just to help out.

GOOD LUCK ON GETTING A NEW BERRY... go 9700!!
    01-31-10 05:12 PM
    Yah I know those idiots at Rogers don't know what they are doing. I just called again and apparently now there is no record that I even had the bold on my account! Like WTF and the girl tells menhow sorry she is and she offers me a new bold 9700 for 549.99. $50 off the original price. Like what a joke. And I was talking to a suprivisor and he gave me the whole speal about how their is nothing that can be done and he even admitted that the guy whole stole my blackberry might have gotten away with it! I officially don't know what to do because I don't have 549.99 to spend on a new blackberry and he said I am 9 months away until I can upgrade! So basically I'm sol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 05:21 PM
    I'm guessing you didn't buy the insurance?
    01-31-10 05:27 PM
    Sent message out.
    01-31-10 05:31 PM
    Nope I don't think they offer insurance up here in Canada because I hve never been asked. They give extended warrantys but that doesn't cover theft.
    Thanks wvebert

01-31-10 05:45 PM
    sent message out

oh and I'm not working right now so I can send him a message every hour. I don't have much else to do, sent the pin to my husband too told him to annoy the crap out of the person as well.
    01-31-10 07:04 PM
    sent message out

oh and I'm not working right now so I can send him a message every hour. I don't have much else to do, sent the pin to my husband too told him to annoy the crap out of the person as well.
    thanks so much it's the great people like you that make me realize that allot of people in this world are still willing to help another person out

01-31-10 07:09 PM
    Nope I don't think they offer insurance up here in Canada because I hve never been asked. They give extended warrantys but that doesn't cover theft.
    Thanks wvebert

Bell offers insurance.. it is $7 a month... first device replacement is free.... it even covers water damage! you get a replacement for a stolen with a police report. But yeah totally worth it. I would get out of your contract with Robbers if it is cheap enough and sign up with Bell for the insurance purposes.

Their new HSPA+ network ROCKS..... hands down.
    01-31-10 07:11 PM
    Agree with Fubaz, Bell's new network is pretty good

01-31-10 08:43 PM
    I added him, dnt know if he'll accept me tho,
    I'm also on bell and the new network is great, was in class the other day and some guy who's with rogers was amaazed at how fast the internet connection is with bell

01-31-10 10:48 PM
    I would suggest sending the little punk a PIN message instead of trying to add him as a bbm contact because most likely he will just ignore. But a pin message he can't ignore! Also I would love to switch to bell but the bell network is not avialable yet here in Winnipeg, Manitoba

01-31-10 10:55 PM
    I'll be glad to help

02-01-10 02:28 AM
    Glad to help bother someone!!!!! a great benifit of working night shift!!!!! He just got 5 texts!!!!! and will probably get many more
    02-01-10 03:31 AM
    pin message sent... subject "Steal and you will pay in ****" body "steal and you will pay in ****" x1000
    That should eat away at his guilty little conscience resulting in years of therapy. Let's just hope he was brought up Catholic.
    02-01-10 06:56 AM
    wow you can't say H-E-double hockey sticks on this message board? That is strict! Anyway...
    02-01-10 06:57 AM
    so anyone get the person who stole the phone to respond yet? my bet is it has already been sold. and I am very sorry that someone stole your phone
    02-01-10 08:49 AM
    Happily sent, and as long as I'm sitting bored in class that phone will be receiving a lot of them lol
    02-01-10 09:16 AM
    Hey,

Sad story, what a punk. Would you mind telling us which mall this was at? And what did the punk look like? As well, i hope you had your BB on auto lock after 3-5mins - This feature is GOLD.
    02-01-10 10:20 AM
    Hey,

Sad story, what a punk. Would you mind telling us which mall this was at? And what did the punk look like? As well, i hope you had your BB on auto lock after 3-5mins - This feature is GOLD.
    Thanks again everyone for helping I hope he gets soo many messages that the phone burns out or something or kills the battery a few times! It all happened at polo park mall in Winnipeg right beside the food courts. The kid was about 17-20 years old and had a very distinctive face. His face skin was very pigmented and looked as if it was full of freckles almost a if he has seen too much sun or he was just born like that. A very ugly face. He was wearing a red baseball cap and had a black backpack on with a black and blue jacket with dark blue jeans. This all took place on Friday at about 730pm. I'm trying everything i can do to find this punk. All the help I can get from everyone just makes this allot easier to deal because I know that he's not just having to put up with me but also has to put up with all of you wonderful guys and girls too
    02-01-10 10:37 AM
    Bell offers insurance.. it is $7 a month... first device replacement is free.... it even covers water damage! you get a replacement for a stolen with a police report. But yeah totally worth it. I would get out of your contract with Robbers if it is cheap enough and sign up with Bell for the insurance purposes.

Their new HSPA+ network ROCKS..... hands down.
    Well, true but guess what, "Free" means after a $150 deductible, and they send you a refurb, not a new one. Be careful.
    02-01-10 10:55 AM
    I would suggest sending the little punk a PIN message instead of trying to add him as a bbm contact because most likely he will just ignore. But a pin message he can't ignore! Also I would love to switch to bell but the bell network is not avialable yet here in Winnipeg, Manitoba

I would love to help. But I don't get this. How can I send a PIN message to your phone if I don't add you as a contact?

02-01-10 11:20 AM
    I totally feel your pain!!

I lost my Bold 3 weeks ago...and i was going crazy. Thankfully the right person picked it up and long story short I got it back, but I now have the auto lock turned on it, as i had turned it off when i was using the gps and then forgot to turn it off. My otterbox showed up on the monday after i lost my phone (thankfully had it back already)

I agree with Rogers not being much help though
    02-01-10 11:27 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD