Looking for a good Golfing GPS App that keeps score as well. I downloaded GreenFinder and really liked it. Problem is it doesn't keep your score. I'm not going to pay $35 dollars a year and not be able to keep score. Any golfers out there that has tried the other Golf Apps, any suggestions on other apps that will show distances and keep your score? Thank you in advance.
    01-31-10 03:07 PM
    I have used many of them and also used greenfinder for a year. It was good for distances and always was able to find the course. Like you said it didn't keep score.

There are a few others some of which are free but found you had to map courses sometimes which isn't something I liked to do.

Recently I started using a app called GolfLogix. It really works great and tou are able to keep score. I have used it maybe three times and really like it. I don't have the link but you should be able to fund it with google. The interface was really good. I think it was around 40 dollars but well worth it if you golf a fair amount. Give it a try. It did have a 24 hour trail that began when you started using it yte first time. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 03:44 PM
    I used nRange, not bad.

However, my battery died within 3 hours- not sure of this is an nRange issue or GPS being on..
    01-31-10 09:34 PM
    I use golflogix. It's nice for keeping scores and tracking stats including club distances.
    02-01-10 07:17 AM
    Can't wait to try these after the snow melts

02-01-10 07:20 AM
    Thanks a ton for the golf application. It seems to get rid of my queries. Infact, I was on the search for looking out for a Golf Apps and your post really made my day. This is just the place that I love to hang out on!
    02-16-10 09:16 AM
    bbgpsgolf.com has a nice FREE app.

All the courses I play are already mapped, and you can add your own courses easily if you want.

I haven't found a reason to try a paid for app yet.
    02-16-10 09:28 AM
    I use bbgpsgolf also, and i like the application. Adding courses it's really easy and the app can also keep the score. I recommend this app!
    02-16-10 09:54 AM
    Just use stracka.com to keep your scores. It's a pretty cool website and it's also free. Personally I like Greenfinder. It works really well.
    02-16-10 10:06 AM
    Another vote for GolfLogix.

GolfLogix: Best Golf GPS Rangefinder, Smartphone Golf Applications, iPhone Golf, Blackberry Golf, Golf GPS Cell Phone Software, Garmin GPS-8, GPS Golf Handheld

Bring a spare battery or two though. You'll be lucky to get 8 or 9 holes on a full charge.
    02-16-10 10:37 AM
    Month old thread. But I am using the free trial version of nrange and I love it. I just played 9 holes and still have 80 percent battery. The course today had a golf logix gps on the carts and nrange was spot on with it. I dot know if nrange keeps score or not, as I didn't even look for it. I would like to see this thread keep going.

03-18-10 11:36 AM
    Month old thread. But I am using the free trial version of nrange and I love it. I just played 9 holes and still have 80 percent battery. The course today had a golf logix gps on the carts and nrange was spot on with it. I dot know if nrange keeps score or not, as I didn't even look for it. I would like to see this thread keep going.

That's great I have been keeping an eye on this thread. We should definitely keep it alive, especially as spring so quickly approaches

03-18-10 08:06 PM
    Im a Pro at a course in Ohio and i've been going through about as many of the Golf GPS apps as I can over the last month to try and figure out which is the best, in order to recommend to the players I work with and such. So far Ive tried AccelGolf, bbgpsgolf, Golf Logix, and nRange. The Storm 2 version for AccelGolf needs some tweaking, and I know from talking to the developer recently they are working on it. I personally didnt like the interface of bbgpsgolf, and Golf Logix seems to be extremely battery hungry. So at this point i'd recommend trying the 30 day trial of nRange and see how you like it. Id liked to see if there are any other options but it doesnt seem like there is an abundance of golf gps apps out there.
    03-18-10 08:19 PM
    I have Golflogix, and am pretty happy with it. However, i am a little nervous about it this year because i upgraded from the Storm 1 to the Storm 2. And the Storm 2 isn't exactly known for its battery life. We shall see.
    03-18-10 10:05 PM
    I use bbgpsgolf also, and i like the application. Adding courses it's really easy and the app can also keep the score. I recommend this app!
    Another +1 for this great app!!!
    03-19-10 02:44 PM
    I have used greenfinder on my bold 9000 and it worked great. I now have it on my 9700 and it just doesn't work. I thought it was my device and had it swapped, but it is still doing the same thing. Can't keep GPS locked. Sometimes it won't find any satellites at all.

I have emailed greenfinder customer support and they say that the 9700 had a patch to make the GPS a bit more stable but they won't give me the patch nor any more information about it. I don't understand how the GPS needs to be more stable when Google maps tracks me very well every time i use it.

Anyone else here of such a thing for the 9700?
    03-19-10 10:02 PM
    I can't help you Hukashi. However, I am giving nrange another test today before I buy it. I had them map a course and it just so happens that i'm going to play it today. Nrange will have to match up against my Dad's hand held gps for me to pay the 40$. I will give another update later tonigh or tomorrow morning.
    04-02-10 06:28 AM
    I used Golf Logix over the weekend and really liked it. Nice interface and keeps score. It was also very accurate. I started with batterry at 100%, played 18 holes in 4 1/2 hours and finished with 2% battery left. I think I will try nRange next but will need them to add my course first. Need better power mgt than that.
    04-05-10 01:04 PM
    I used NRange for a bit, worked OK, but battery lasted 4 hours with no addn'l usage.

Not sure if this was the app or GPS ??
    04-05-10 01:52 PM
    Hope I can find one that isn't a battery killer. I liked using it.
    04-05-10 03:12 PM
    Played 18 with Greenfinder today and was very happy with it's performance. Yardage was spot on, acquired satellites very fast and most important it didn't kill the battery, started at 100% and ended with 85%.

What's nice about Greenfinder is the aerial views of fairways and greens and it's totally interactive.
    04-24-10 09:10 PM
    Hi
    I downloaded Swing by Swing Golf. It was a free app so i figured I would try it. I used it the other day and for a free app it worked just fine. Infact my buddy had his on his Iphone which he paid $39.00 for, and they were different only by a yard or two. The only downfall was that after I was done playing my battery was almost wasted.
    Joel

04-25-10 04:22 PM
    tried several, bbgpsgolf, greenfinder, golflogix and nrange. i like golflogix the most i think.. Batter wasnt great but i easily made it through the entire round with 30% left and i started around 90%.
    04-25-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD