Any one know how you unlock the speed dial list? A few of the letters are locked like A for lock, W for voicemail etc.
    Would be great if I could change them but not sure how??

Many thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 02:49 PM
    Open your Call Logs, click Menu>View Speed Dial List. I actually have W for my wife/#1, and V set for voicemail. B for my automated Bank service, and so on. So you can move them around.

When you select the one you want to change, click Menu>Move or you can edit the number, also.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-31-10 at 02:56 PM.
    01-31-10 02:53 PM
    That's what I had on my 8700 but on this one W is locked to voicemail! Which seemed odd as it would make more sence to be V surely?? And a couple of others are locked, like you I'd have W for the wifey, A used to be answerphone (uk see! None of this voicemail stuff! ;-) )
    Would be nice to be able to unlock them, not sure if it'll need a handset unlock to do or not??

01-31-10 03:11 PM
    I was also wondering about the locked dials and so far found nothing about unlocking them...would be goof to change at least the A dial

02-01-10 02:07 AM
    Many manufacturers/carriers always assign #1 to voicemail on all their wireless phones. All of my previous phones even had the little voicemail icon on the #1 key so people would know. I guess it just carried over to BB's as well. The #1 key and the Q & A keys all have a locked shortcut that I cannot change.
    02-01-10 08:34 AM
    I have the same problem with my 9700. All speed dial keys were open on my 8220 and 8320. Why have the "A" key lock the keyboard when there's a "lock the keyboard button on the top right of the device?! And "Q" switches the profile to vibrate when slipping it into the leather sleeve does that as well... Dumb, RIM. Very dumb.
    06-14-10 07:52 PM
    I have the same problem with my 9700. All speed dial keys were open on my 8220 and 8320. Why have the "A" key lock the keyboard when there's a "lock the keyboard button on the top right of the device?! And "Q" switches the profile to vibrate when slipping it into the leather sleeve does that as well... Dumb, RIM. Very dumb.
    This was my complaint that with 3 ways to lock the phone do we really need a 4th with the letter A?

06-14-10 10:59 PM
    The A, Q, and W come locked on the 9700.

To modify them, go into the speed dial list, highlight the "A" key for example, and hit the Return/Enter key. This will bring up your Contact list - scroll to a name and hit Return/Enter again - that contact is now assigned to that key.
    09-28-10 01:47 PM
    thanks!! I have corresponded to my carrier's customer care unit with no resolution. This was a quick and efficient FIX!!! Should have come here to begin with!
    11-12-10 04:46 PM
    The A, Q, and W come locked on the 9700.

To modify them, go into the speed dial list, highlight the "A" key for example, and hit the Return/Enter key. This will bring up your Contact list - scroll to a name and hit Return/Enter again - that contact is now assigned to that key.
    I still cant get this to work on my 9700 bold, any advice?
    04-28-11 09:11 PM
    Still cant figure this out
    04-29-11 01:34 PM
    There's nothing to "figure out". It can't be done.
    04-29-11 05:19 PM
    There's nothing to "figure out". It can't be done.
    I got it to work before just cant remember how I did it?
    04-29-11 06:15 PM
    I just tried this on my 8530, and no go either!
    05-06-11 01:00 PM
    I realize this thread was brought back from the dead...but its really in the wrong forum..
    05-06-11 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD