looking for an alternative for autostandby that is compatible with 5.0os. Seems as though autostandby is not reliable. screen dims and then lights up again as though it were going into standby mode but wouldn't and just repeats itself.
    01-31-10 11:41 AM
    v2.41 works good for me on 5.0
    01-31-10 11:42 AM
    v2.41 works good for me on 5.0
    foreals? i'm not sure what my problem is then haha. i mean it works for the most part but sometimes it will just cycle through the screen dimming then turning on again. its just not that reliable. thanks for the reply
    01-31-10 12:17 PM
    It hasnt been working for me. But I found out that addonis has the functionality built in. Its on sale till midnight tonight too.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-31-10 12:21 PM
    Yup, I've started to use Addonis on my tour
    01-31-10 02:22 PM
    thanks guys i will give it a go. I did see the app just didn't know if i should get that, since i do have berrybuzz and a couple apps that are all included in addonis haha.
    01-31-10 06:42 PM
    Cause newest OS5.0 changed the way that let device entered standby mode, I developed a new version AddOnis 1.4.1 for OS5.0, this version can use "autostandby" feature.

OTA www.all4berry.com/ota/AddOnis_50.jad

After install, please set all the permission to "allow", and change the "auto lock" method to "standby".
    This version also fixed some other bugs.
    Also, you need to uninstall addonis for os4.6 first, please export your blacklist/whistlist
    02-28-10 07:32 AM
    Autostandby works fine for me on .442 just set the delay after screen dims to greater than 0 or it will disable itself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 09:32 AM
    That 5.0 link keylocks it whether or not you have keylock or standby selected.

02-28-10 04:45 PM

I just installed Addonis and mine did the same thing. Is this program free?

02-28-10 05:37 PM

Yup. I just posted about that on the ADDONIS thread, too. At first, it did not work (my permissions needed more editing) but now it is keylock and I much prefer just STANDBY. Oh, well, this may be a RIM OS issue. What's more annoying is that since I'm so use to the MUTE button that I press that and it then goes into standby mode and I have to press that again so I can then UNlock. I may go back to the prior addonis version.
    02-28-10 06:03 PM
    Yup. I just posted about that on the ADDONIS thread, too. At first, it did not work (my permissions needed more editing) but now it is keylock and I much prefer just STANDBY. Oh, well, this may be a RIM OS issue. What's more annoying is that since I'm so use to the MUTE button that I press that and it then goes into standby mode and I have to press that again so I can then UNlock. I may go back to the prior addonis version.
    Ditto on the preference of STANDBY. I am 0 for 3 on apps that have worked with previous versions of Blackberry OS. Am using a Curve 8530, and no dice.
    02-28-10 09:22 PM
    I just installed Addonis and mine did the same thing. Is this program free?

No, AddOnis is not free... it is available in the Crackberry App Store. The version we have posted is a development version. We are working out the issues with Standby and 5.0.

Please remember, this is a function of the OS. RIM changed the way this function works and that is why there are issues. Compounding this is the fact that different versions of 5.0 seem to behave differently...
    02-28-10 09:55 PM
    No, AddOnis is not free... it is available in the Crackberry App Store. The version we have posted is a development version. We are working out the issues with Standby and 5.0.
    I sent a question to Twinkler support, but didn't get a response. How long is the trial period? Or is this a development version that will expire at some point? If so, when? I'm using it on my 8530, OS 5.0.0.459 and it seems to work pretty well. I don't think I'd use this feature, but I left it turned on for testing--calls are not being logged in the calendar.
    03-01-10 08:40 PM
    I just use Geek-and-proud's AutoLock and manually put the phone in standby mode when I want it to standby.
    03-01-10 08:53 PM
    I sent a question to Twinkler support, but didn't get a response. How long is the trial period? Or is this a development version that will expire at some point? If so, when? I'm using it on my 8530, OS 5.0.0.459 and it seems to work pretty well. I don't think I'd use this feature, but I left it turned on for testing--calls are not being logged in the calendar.
    Again, let me repeat, AddOnis is not a free app. The trial period is 7 days. This is a development version. If calls are not being logged to the calendar please make sure all permissions are set to allow and reboot. If it is still not working, please let me know your device, OS, and if you are on BIS or BES.

03-02-10 05:45 AM
    If you want this version to work, you need to install the latest OS5.0 release. The new OS5.0 make some changes in keylock/standby:
    1. the key lock api now does nothing.
    2. if you long press the MUTE key, nothing will happen.
    3. if you press LOCK key, device will goto standby mode.

So, if you have previous version addonis installed and works fine, you do not need this version.
    03-02-10 06:06 AM
    Again, let me repeat, AddOnis is not a free app. The trial period is 7 days. This is a development version. If calls are not being logged to the calendar please make sure all permissions are set to allow and reboot. If it is still not working, please let me know your device, OS, and if you are on BIS or BES.

Thanks for the repsonse. I understand AddOnis is not free. Would you agree it's a good idea to tell prospective buyers the conditions of the trial? Unless I missed it (I certainly could have) neither Mobihand nor the Twinkler Web site mention the length of the trial period or application limitations. I didn't know it was seven days until you posted this.

Outgoing calls are logged, incoming calls are not. All permissions are set to Allow. My device is an 8530, OS 5.0.0.459 and it's in BIS. Thanks.
    03-02-10 11:03 AM
    If you want this version to work, you need to install the latest OS5.0 release. The new OS5.0 make some changes in keylock/standby:
    1. the key lock api now does nothing.
    2. if you long press the MUTE key, nothing will happen.
    3. if you press LOCK key, device will goto standby mode.

So, if you have previous version addonis installed and works fine, you do not need this version.
    This is not true for all devices. On my 8530, a long press on Mute does put the device into Standby. A short press on Mute is the Media function--takes you to the Media folder and is Play/Pause. The Lock key puts the device in Lock mode. This is on an 8530, OS 5.0.0.459.
    03-02-10 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD