I purchased the black Atomic Trackball last year and never used it. I have the Storm2 now so I definately won't be using it now! If anyone would like it I'd be happy to pass it on.
    01-30-10 07:54 AM
    How you liking the storm? I wouldn't mind the trackball. If you don't plan on keepin your other bb for backup.
    01-30-10 08:07 AM
    I am keeping the Curve but I don't want the trackball either so if you private message me your address I'll send it. As for the Storm2... I'm glad I waited for the 2nd version to come out. Less glitches than the previous, however... it's a little hard to get used to. It took me a good week to really get it. If you're thinking about a new one I'd prob hold out till they roll out the iPAD and see works better for you.
    01-30-10 08:12 AM
    My wife had the first storm. Very difficult to text on. Was wondering if that issue was fixed on the 2.
    01-30-10 08:19 AM
    It's still hard to text on. I have issues with it alot. The Curve is WAY easier!
    01-30-10 08:21 AM
    I feel the same. Even better now that I'm running 5.0. Threaded sms like the storm.
    01-30-10 08:31 AM
    I'm interested in the ball. Did you already send it to fbd?
    01-30-10 08:31 AM
    It's still hard to text on. I have issues with it alot. The Curve is WAY easier!
    As a Curve to Storm1 to Storm2 user, let me throw in my two cents worth. I absolutely loved my Curve, and still do. It's my backup and my plan today is to load it with the latest 5.0 release. My Storm1 went to one of the guys who works for me. My primary phone is the Storm2.

Texting on the Curve is very good, as most of you know, texting on the Storm2 is much faster for me, but if you make a mistake, it's a little harder to correct.

Given a choice (don't you love it), the Storm2 is the way to go. Larger screen, good feel and the OS is pretty darn good now and getting better. But like ice cream, everyone has their favorite and can tell you why it's their favorite, so take it for what's worth.

Bottom line, you've got to try the ice cream before you can determine if you like it. Some will and some won't. My personal likes do not necessarily translate into your likes, they might, but it's not alway true.

Good news is (depending on your carrier), if you're in the market for a new phone, you can try one out for up to 30 days and take it back for a different model if you don't like it. I kept my Storm1 during the tough times with difficult OS and all because I could see a time when the idea of the Storm would bloom and become a great phone, it's right there now and getting better.

The phone itself is awesome, the software and the OS is catching up. My advice is to keep your Curve, try the Storm and always have an escape plan.

Hope this helps but if it has only confused you more, well then, welcome to the world of Crackberrys.
    01-30-10 08:45 AM
    Sorry Zp... already gone! Goldwinger.... you really think texting is easy on it? Hmmmm I feel like I make alot of errors or it autocorrects words I don't want it to! But hey... if you can text with your man thumbs I guess maybe I can get used to it!
    01-30-10 09:30 AM
    Ha love the screen name!!!! Glad to see your passing stuff on very considerate of you.
    01-30-10 09:33 AM
    Thanks! And yeah.... I'd love to see someone use it, it would have been a total waste of money otherwise!
    01-30-10 09:35 AM
    There used to be a thread of used devices and accesories that were passed on, Don't know what happened to it.
    01-30-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD