I keep my Storm 9550 in a silicone sleeve. I have from the second I opened the box in the Verizon store. I wipe the phone down with a microfiber cloth on an almost daily basis. However, I've noticed that the "chrome" bezel (I realize it's plastic that's painted with a chrome-looking paint) and the black part of the bezel (the part that houses the mic on the bottom and the part on the top with the mute, lock keys, and BlackBerry logos) are already showing minor wear.

I'm not talking about major scuffs, but more like really minor scratches that only show under direct sunlight. I did some research on this and found that people have noticed similar things with this phone and with others that have this "chrome" finish to them. Is this normal with the Storm 9550? I've been taking meticulous care of this phone and it seems to have more problems with the bezel than my 9530 had (which had a different finish on the bezel).
    01-29-10 10:22 PM
    Its just a phone man at long as it works good it will heeobsolete in two years anyway

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 10:25 PM
    I've noticed thatthe more I obsessed over a device the more wear I saw. Now that I've stopped caring as much my Storm2 still looks brand new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 11:26 PM
    i noticed my chrome turned black
    01-30-10 02:05 AM
    I am glad they went with a darker chrome finish vs the Storm 1's standard chrome. The finish underneath is black so now it shows less. Smart on their part. Plus it just looks better.

I pocket mine all the time and just leave it without a case. I've had it since about launch and there is only one TINY scuff on the chrome. You really can't see it unless you look real close. All the phones with chrome bezels have this issue I've noticed. But on some of the LG phones I've seen, the finish underneath is white which looks WAY worse.
    01-30-10 02:25 AM
    I have that clear skin stuff all over mine just for that reason.
    01-30-10 02:44 AM
    these kind of things will happen with any device with chrome finishes
    01-30-10 03:02 AM
    I removed all the chrome paint from my friends 9530 after it started to get all scratched up it looks really good all black. Neither my 9530 or 9550 have gotten bad enough to do that to them yet.
    My friend really likes his looking different he can tell the difference from his girlfriends storm without touching them.
    I used a product from work (3M Scotch-Brite type A very fine) to carefully sand all the chrome paint off the plastic and keep very smooth straight lines. He is very happy with it. It looks all blacked out "stealth" like he says.
    01-30-10 01:32 PM
    I keep my Storm 9550 in a silicone sleeve. I have from the second I opened the box in the Verizon store. I wipe the phone down with a microfiber cloth on an almost daily basis. However, I've noticed that the "chrome" bezel (I realize it's plastic that's painted with a chrome-looking paint) and the black part of the bezel (the part that houses the mic on the bottom and the part on the top with the mute, lock keys, and BlackBerry logos) are already showing minor wear.

I'm not talking about major scuffs, but more like really minor scratches that only show under direct sunlight. I did some research on this and found that people have noticed similar things with this phone and with others that have this "chrome" finish to them. Is this normal with the Storm 9550? I've been taking meticulous care of this phone and it seems to have more problems with the bezel than my 9530 had (which had a different finish on the bezel).
    I am very anal about my blackberry's also. IF your that concerned about it, like i was (ocd-lol), I myself, installed a full body ZAGG InvisiShield($30) on my S2 with a crystal silicone case(www.accessorygeeks.com) on top of that as well for added protection. Before your blemishes get worse, clean it up and install one Ive also heard other users use Best Skins Ever and have heard good things about it. Just my .02
    01-30-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD