Ok so the Tour 2 will have 2gb of device memory tell me why thats only device memory(pics,music,vids etc...) that has nothing to do wit the app space which has 128mb of free space!! That's it that all u give us wat type of **** is that!! I don't kno now!! Is it worth using my upgrade to get the Tour2?? I wouldve be upgrading from my 8330m which I love very much never had any issues wit it!! The only reason I was upgrading to the Tour2 was for the 2gb of so call device mem but for it to have 128mb of free space jus for apps is ridiculous!!! JUS MY THOUGHTS NO NEED TO BE RUDE!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jlarkins08; 01-29-10 at 10:35 PM.
    01-29-10 05:17 PM
    I got my tour this morning and I'm in love!

01-29-10 05:20 PM
    the 2 gigs is not device memory for apps...that is very old news.
    01-29-10 05:59 PM
    we all knew this already.. its like any other blackberry out there.. its for music, pics, videos ect... just like the storm 1 and storm 2, the Bold ect...
    01-29-10 06:04 PM
    Umm? The Tour 1 and 2 have 256mb app memory. With apps less than 1mb, most under 500kb, you would need to really try to run out of app memory. That would be a lot of apps.
    01-29-10 06:11 PM
    Well, you have to have a lot of BlackBerry apps to use up that 128mb. Now, the extra 2 gigs is a bonus, because earlier devices had none.

Now, I know that one of the others has developed a way to have apps run from the media card. Now, one of the primary reasons that BlackBerry doesn't do this, is the media card can be removed and data on it compromised. BlackBerry doesn't want to go that route, as I've read numerous times.

Well, take the onboard storage. I am speculating that it may be put in as an alternative to future development, and, with it being available, there will now be a protected way to use that space for apps down the road.

I could be off base there, but watching trends gives me a hint that this is a possibility.

01-29-10 06:15 PM
    I know that one of the others has developed a way to have apps run from the media card

Hey, is that the one by Aerize or are there others?

01-29-10 08:00 PM
    another stupid post
    01-29-10 08:23 PM
    another stupid post
    I know right? This is getting old. There should be a few rules: NO posting "confirmation" unless it is from a credible source and NO posting of statements or information from weeks ago.

We are here, desperately checking to find any new credible information. Please spare us the rest of the nonsense....
    01-29-10 08:42 PM
    I know that one of the others has developed a way to have apps run from the media card

Hey, is that the one by Aerize or are there others?

Aerize will store/archive an app to the media card, but it must be installed to device memory to use it.

01-29-10 08:46 PM
    Well my thing is this if u feel like its a dump post then dont read or comment on it!! I was jus venting!! Yall don't have to be so rude about it!! Jeez!!!

01-29-10 09:41 PM
    Just don't reply, with 0 reply's the thread will die quickly, problem solved!

01-30-10 01:25 AM
    Well, you have to have a lot of BlackBerry apps to use up that 128mb. Now, the extra 2 gigs is a bonus, because earlier devices had none.

Now, I know that one of the others has developed a way to have apps run from the media card. Now, one of the primary reasons that BlackBerry doesn't do this, is the media card can be removed and data on it compromised. BlackBerry doesn't want to go that route, as I've read numerous times.

Well, take the onboard storage. I am speculating that it may be put in as an alternative to future development, and, with it being available, there will now be a protected way to use that space for apps down the road.

I could be off base there, but watching trends gives me a hint that this is a possibility.

Use of that extra storage should be OS controlled; thus, they can eventually change the OS to see it as usable for apps. Wonder if one of the Hybrid builders might not figure out how to patch the OS to allow this to happen?
    01-30-10 04:06 PM
    I know that 256MB doesn't seem like much, but let me ask this.

Who has ran out of memory on a newer BB with 256MB app memory, that hasn't been doing something alse wrong? Show me a Bold 2, Tour, or Storm 2 with less than 20MB or even 30-40.
    01-30-10 04:26 PM
    I know that 256MB doesn't seem like much, but let me ask this.

Who has ran out of memory on a newer BB with 256MB app memory, that hasn't been doing something alse wrong? Show me a Bold 2, Tour, or Storm 2 with less than 20MB or even 30-40.
    I have an 8330, running .438. I have ~25MB free after installing all the apps I use. The only thing I plan to add back when I get my Tour is BB Maps and App World. Pretty sure I'd have a hard time filling up an extra 160MB of app memory, unless I just download every useless widget I can find.
    01-30-10 05:50 PM
    Well my thing is this if u feel like its a dump post then dont read or comment on it!! I was jus venting!! Yall don't have to be so rude about it!! Jeez!!!

gotta remember the MODS are always checking...and those of us that suffer from the addiction(happily) always read new posts for any nfo or to be helpful....
    unfortunately...your post was neither...hence the negative replies...and dude, we are all "jonesing" for the new TOUR2...so don't get defensive...
    have a nice evening...
    01-30-10 08:22 PM
    a bunch of real thinkers here, bad mouthing someone who doesn't live on the boards like they do. Why don't you guys quit picking on the dude and kick your dog if you don't approve of his thread, or are you just padding your post count?
    A few years ago a HDD was big if it was 20 gig. Now my memory card in my phone is that big. With more app memory, apps will get bigger and BETTER.
    01-30-10 09:13 PM
    I am in no way gettin defensive all I'm sayin is that the rudeness is uncalled for!! I wasn't rude to anyone on here!! I showed people respect and I expect the same!! If u don't like the post then keep it moving u don't need to leave nasty comments!!

That is all!!

01-30-10 09:45 PM
    This is why u r upset.... Come on guy. Just because the up coming Tour 2 isn't what u want doesn't mean that the phone won't be awesome. 1st of all, I too have an 8330 and I could use the upgrade. The trackpad alone is amazing. Better screen res, better camera, 2GB of extra storage, faster processor, better interface and wi-fi. I understand that u r entitled to ur opinion but if u think that the reason listed r not enough to upgrade, nothing will please u. I am eligable for an upgrade as of now and I am waiting till the 9650 comes out. I for 1 can not wait.

01-30-10 10:47 PM
    Yeah, this is the dumbest thread I've read in a long time. You feel played? What a self centered child you sound like.
    01-30-10 10:49 PM
    I can't wait for it. Coming from my 8130, this thing is gonna rock!

01-30-10 11:26 PM
    if he thought he was getting played for Tour 2 having 2gb on device memory....just think if he would have got Tour 1 with NO device memory........

You make a stupid thread on a public Forum with over 2 million people on here, and you ask them to be nice?? just amazing...
    01-31-10 04:37 AM
    Well answer me this yal keep ranting about the 2gb of space.. Why do u need that if u have a memory card and the tour 2 can access up to 32gb of memory through sd!! Wats the point of having all the 2gb space and jus cap the apps to a little 128mb that's all I was saying.. Open the space to the device itself, let the 2gb be for everything (OS,apps,and media) then if u want extra mem u can get a sd card!! That jus makes more since! That's why I said that I feel played.. I thought the 2gb of space would have been for everything the device its self thats how the original bold 9000 was 1gb for the device itself!! And also I'm not a dude or a he,not a child either.. I am a adult female!! And as for the stupid thread comment, they're other stupid threads on here people post new threads for jus about anything and everybody is untitled to the thoughts and opinions!! But I have never had people talk to me like this in a friendly forum environment!! Its jus unbelievable!! Over a phone I think that crazy!! And yes the phone will be great and sale well! I'm not sayin that its a stupid phone I'm saying that its a stupid decision on RIMs part!

01-31-10 10:01 AM
    I still am not understanding y u feel RIM made a stupid decision. They upgraded from their 9630 with many new improvements. I/m/o RIM should have got it right the 1st time with the 9630 but, OH WELL. So they improved and decided to come out with a new and improved Tour. I feel that they made a smart business move. If I was a 9630 consumer, I would be pissed off but I am not and from your title it doesn't look like you are 1 either so relax. If u don't feel like purchasing the 9650 because I/Y/O u feel that it isn't worth it that's fine, but I will say it again... You and I have the same phone and IT SUCKS COMPARED TO THE 9630 and ESPECIALLY to the 9650. So my suggestion is to go out there and upgrade and just enjoy the phone that will be in your hands..
    01-31-10 10:28 AM
    With more app memory, apps will get bigger and BETTER.
    Indeed. My small apps don't really do much unless they pull heavily from the cell tower, in which case they're less app and more web interface. The standalone apps that do the most are relatively large. Download a bunch of those and the memory disappears quickly.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 01-31-10 at 10:46 AM.
    01-31-10 10:42 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD