hey guys, i recently opened another email account, so now i have a total of 5 on my BB.

im running ATT OS 405

so i have 1 school email, 1 hotmail, 2 gmail, and 1 BB email address. i used to have everything go to "messages" which i liked, but would have preferred to have a couple emails separate (like my storm could do on the VZW OS 5.0), but i dealt with it.

the issue i am having now is, i separated SMS/emails in the options, and it separated everything, sort of.

when i go to my original gmail account, at the top it says "all mail" - every other email account shows only its corresponding messages.

then when i go into the "messages" folder (which i thought was supposed to go away, guess not) it shows all of my messages (every email address, sms, bbm, etc.)

what gives?!

i would prefer to have certain email addresses in my messages box, while keeping my school and new gmail accounts separate. is there a specific OS build that allows me to do that on BIS? i think a friend of mien has some .3xx OS build, and it keeps his BIS/BES inboxes separate, but im not on BES so that doesn't help me

thanks for the help CB
    01-29-10 04:08 PM
    Go into your main messagebox, press the blackberry key and select options. Then go to Main message list settings. This will bring up a list of everything you can have in your main message box, just untick the ones you don't want.

You should also have a separate icon for each mailbox either on the home screen or in another folder, they may just be hidden.
    01-29-10 04:43 PM
    i dont have "main message list settings" - my storm did, this 9700 doesnt.

and if i seperate them, i am left with "messages" "SMS and MMS" and each of my email addresses with their own inbox. but my gmail inbox shows nothing, and all messages still show up in "messages" along with their respective inboxes.
    01-30-10 12:11 PM
    Update your OS, don't know which one, but one will have that option. Or hide your message folder
    01-30-10 12:23 PM
    thats kind of what im asking, what OS will allow me to do that.

and also why is my gmail box not working properly.
    01-30-10 05:36 PM
    5.0.0.421 has it.
    It's in the messages box, options, then instead of main message list it's called inbox settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD