Big differences? Bugs fixed? Apps work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 01:08 PM
    I also want to know how it is, but if .411 was a leak and became official, .464 should be the same or better...
    01-29-10 01:19 PM
    There is a thread for that already. We do not need another one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/lea...8900-a-413662/
    01-29-10 01:24 PM
    theres a couple... did u wanna fish out all the differences between the 8900 and 9000
    01-29-10 01:39 PM
    so far have not found any bugs ye twith the 464. beside the fact that rapid share took out the word" rapid", took about 48 min to download ,(guess they want you go go premium). but once it is in the phone. my phone itself ,very snappy switching from place to place ,the lags I had in 411 are gone, just have to reset my custom ring tones.the wifi did not connect yet. say it found the connection but the light is not on yet, only glitch, but very pleased witt the speed, just have to wait on the battery life.
    01-29-10 07:23 PM
    found a glitch in 464 the WI-FI is OK now, but the cached stations from slacker are gone, and so is the album art and the stations won't cache. if anyone has a fix for that , would be great, other than that faster than before. will know by tomorrow bout the battery. I don't miss the screen lock, I use standby anyway, so not an issue for me at all.
    01-29-10 08:04 PM
    how did u get the wifi to work?
    01-29-10 10:04 PM
    I just went to the manage connections and made sure it was enabled then just went through the set up wi-fi again to see it the list was there and just clicked find and it finally worked. do you have the same speed increase over the 4.6?? I love it! so fast!
    01-29-10 10:08 PM
    I have an update and a problem. maybe somebody could help me with this.
    i found that the 464 upgrade, removed my music folder from the media folder,so i opened the DM and the phone is not initializing,but the yellow triangle is there warning not to disconnect it or you will f-up your phone, but I hit cancel and nothing. but it is also not moving forward. how do i fix this drama? I think the DM cannot read the new OS?? how do i disconnect wioth out messing up the phone? when I plugged in the phone, i saw my music folder so wanted to put it back. any ideas out there??
    01-29-10 11:00 PM
    464 is great. all apps work. No BB browser problems and page rendering is faster, wifi connection is blazing fast. memory allocation is improved , I have not seen 31mb for a long time. still need time to determine if battery performance is improved. The only issue/bug so far is that press * no longer locks phone, but puts phone into standby mode.
    01-29-10 11:05 PM
    Here is my immediate take after upgrading from .411

I have about 2mb more free space. Seems snappy so far.
    Have the search bar back in the browser however there are still only hotspot and media net browsers. Going to do the browser fix soon.
    Visual Voicemeail was included which saved a little hassle.
    Holding * now puts the phone in standby as others have noted instead of locking the keys.
    WiFi seems to be working ok. Signal seems weaker than usual and it didn't connect to my home network automatically the 1st time but should be ok.
    Picture viewing seems faster now. No loading icons whatsoever no matter how fast I scroll through the thumbnails.
    GPS lock is a LOT faster when using Poynt.

The only problem so far seems to be the * key not locking the keypad and the web browser seems just a little buggy if I want to get picky.
    Free memory still is about 10mb less than on the official AT&T OS which is really disappointing but it is better than .411

I'll post more later if I find anything else.
    01-29-10 11:07 PM
    is your media folder complete? In mine there is an exrtra voice note folder but no music folder?
    01-29-10 11:08 PM
    Had to recreate all my Wi-Fi profiles. Seems A-OK otherwise.
    01-29-10 11:10 PM
    now the DM will not recognize the phone as connected??WTF!!??anyone know how to fix that??
    01-29-10 11:30 PM
    UPDATE:

Got the wifi to work by wiping the phone (options, security, security wipe) and did an advanced restore and did NOT restore wifi options and the on board memory...

best of luck.
    01-29-10 11:33 PM
    Just a thread so this fool doesn't have to scan thru the main thread. Hey can you download and tell us what you think?

Thanks a lot bro!!!

01-29-10 11:46 PM
    reloaded the DM , got that to do a restore but the OS for some reason hid the music file. it is not in the media folder as a play list like it was before. you now have to hit menu when you are in the media folder, and the card shows up on a list. along with the music, the pictures are mixed together, even though they have their own folder the music is mixed with pictures. maybe i will get used to it. if anyone has a way to put the list back like it was in 4.6 let's hear it!! don't know why it would take the music folder away, it is media after all.
    01-30-10 12:12 AM
    Not sure why urs did the seacliff, mine I don't think has changed from 4.6, just upgraded

As problems arrise, there is an issue with the wifi. Without the single profile scanning turned on, some users are noticing that their bbs do not auto-connect when a wifi is in range and already saved in their bbs. For now, some (and I) have to add a new netowrk, then connect back to the wifi to get it working.

Best of luck.

01-30-10 09:34 AM
    it is really annoying. the music I had was mostly CD's,some MP3's I downloaded, they used to be on the list, you could play, shuffle etc. now they don't even show up. they are buried in the menu under explore but there is no more list with shuffle and all the music was re arranged back into their respective artists. so they put each artist as a header then if i want to pick a song I have to click on that then scroll the list instead of having the music as it was before I had it as a nice log list I would shuffle when I played it . and the album art is all gone too, and they mixed these with my thumbnail photos. like I said annoying as H*ll
    01-30-10 09:42 AM
    I can't believe that no one in this thread has mentioned this...

But if you want to lock your keypad. You can hang it up. There is no such option. UNLESS you enable a password. Which I do not want to do so ill be going back I guess when I have the time. Autolock does not work either. I guess since there is no "lock" feature installed

01-30-10 10:26 AM
    yep, looks like lock is gone was replaced with olding the A key, goes into standby instead, just as good. i don'tmiss the lock, standby saves battery life.
    01-30-10 10:29 AM
    My web browser is much faster. previous on Wifi I was getting 12 -18 mb now I see it registered on my router page as 36-54 mb
    01-30-10 11:55 AM
    I can't believe that no one in this thread has mentioned this...

But if you want to lock your keypad. You can hang it up. There is no such option. UNLESS you enable a password. Which I do not want to do so ill be going back I guess when I have the time. Autolock does not work either. I guess since there is no "lock" feature installed

it HAS been mentioned, it's very clearly discussed in the real thread for this build, not this rogue one.
    01-30-10 12:23 PM
    There is already a thread for this, mods please combine or remove this one.
    01-30-10 12:30 PM
    I put the 4.6 304 back, could not deal with my music file being so jacked. had to have my service books resent and my slacker is no good anymore. I do miss the excellent speed of the 464, but I will wait for the official ATT version, hope they work out the bugs.it is gonna be sweet when they release it!!
    01-30-10 07:49 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD