About the lock::::::::::::
    You can set one of the convenience key to lock the phone.
    The lock shortcut * has now been changed to activate standby mode. i think i like it this way

OR

Set a password on the device and have it to lock within a minute [or your preference] of non-use.

Hope this helps
    01-29-10 12:45 PM
    I can't find the option to set the convenience key to lock the phone. Any help would be approeciated. Standby will do for now.
    01-29-10 04:33 PM
    I can't find the option to set the convenience key to lock the phone. Any help would be approeciated. Standby will do for now.
    screenkeyboard options in the middle you can set left and right convenience keys but i have no option for lock
    01-29-10 05:04 PM
    01-29-10 05:16 PM
    Options>>>>>Screen/Keyboard>>>>Right/Left Convenience Key Open.....
    Then Scroll through the list. Mine has a Lock option, Mine you i also have password enabled.
    01-30-10 06:29 AM
    Having the password enabled is the key. Once it is enabled the lock feature becomes active again and on the 8900 the lock button works again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 07:30 AM
    Having the password enabled is the key. Once it is enabled the lock feature becomes active again and on the 8900 the lock button works again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Just tried in on my 9000, same result.
    01-30-10 09:35 AM
    If you have the password enabled you can use QuickLaunch to lock the phone as well. That's what I'm doing on my 9000 since there is no lock button.
    01-30-10 09:53 AM
    If you have the password enabled you can use QuickLaunch to lock the phone as well. That's what I'm doing on my 9000 since there is no lock button.
    Strange, the "k" button is working for me to lock the phone (as it did on .411)
    01-30-10 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD