Ok i've had my 9700 for a few days now, but the screen continues to amaze me. It's really down to the super high pixel density - but everything just looks amazing on it!!! I converted a few DVD's to h.264 format to watch on it, and even these regular DVD's look like HD on this little thing!!! I'm just amazed... Photos from website look so vivid!

And I've had iphones since 07 (a 2G, then a 3GS), and Nexus One for a couple weeks (returned it - too many issues). I will say the 9700 screen, despite being small, still looks better than the famed OLED Nexus screen... If a Bold style screen gets released by RIM in OLED/AMOLED version... watch out!!!

Now, if only there was a way to get high quality youtube vids to show up on it (rather than the horrendously jaggedy low res versions...)

That is all...
    01-28-10 12:02 PM
    lol, it really is beautiful
    01-28-10 12:06 PM
    The tour have the same screen(a little little bigger) and you're right, the resolution is crazy!

In fact, that's the same resolution as the Storm or iPhone, but in a smaller screen, so the picture quality is far better!
    01-28-10 12:08 PM
    I agree completely the screen is amazing
    01-28-10 12:09 PM

Now, if only there was a way to get high quality youtube vids to show up on it (rather than the horrendously jaggedy low res versions...)
    Someone posted this link yesterday.... http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/yo...lution-361201/
    01-28-10 12:23 PM
    I agree. The 9700 is the TOTAL package-its the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 12:30 PM
    THANKS SOOOOO much for posting this link!!!! This was the one thing... the ONE thing bugging me about my 9700.... now it's not only fixed (can watch youtube, even when using epc.tmobile.com as my APN - which is the only APN that allows Pandora to work for me)... I can actually select HQ to watch vids!!!! Not HD shard, but waaaay better than the pixelated garbage I could see, but had to still use something like Xenozu, or Vision...

cheers!!!
    01-28-10 12:33 PM
    I agree. The 9700 is the TOTAL package-its the best.

What he said...
    01-28-10 02:09 PM
    Yes, the screen is absolutely gorgeous and needs our protection to keep it that way lolz.
    01-28-10 02:13 PM
    Someone posted this link yesterday.... http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/yo...lution-361201/
    thanx for the link i just did it on my 9700 and it work and yes the screen is great!!
    01-28-10 02:44 PM
    Ok i've had my 9700 for a few days now, but the screen continues to amaze me. It's really down to the super high pixel density - but everything just looks amazing on it!!! I converted a few DVD's to h.264 format to watch on it, and even these regular DVD's look like HD on this little thing!!! I'm just amazed... Photos from website look so vivid!

And I've had iphones since 07 (a 2G, then a 3GS), and Nexus One for a couple weeks (returned it - too many issues). I will say the 9700 screen, despite being small, still looks better than the famed OLED Nexus screen... If a Bold style screen gets released by RIM in OLED/AMOLED version... watch out!!!

That is all...
    Try xenzu.com I use that player and its much better IMO

01-28-10 02:52 PM
    I did the Optimize and it still looks horrible!!

I do agree with OP, I even bought a Screen Protector! LOL

01-28-10 02:52 PM
    Try xenzu.com I use that player and its much better IMO

no offense, but i don't want any chinese crap on my BB if i can help it...
    01-28-10 02:55 PM
    I'm gonna have to agree... among everything else on this amazing phone, the screen is rediculously good... it makes me happy
    01-28-10 04:35 PM
    the screen is amazing!! i love it!
    01-28-10 06:21 PM
    Well, I worked out my sync problems, and now I can enjoy the beautiful screen of my 9700!
    01-28-10 07:05 PM
    I also think the screen is very pretty. The pixellation is so dense that small details can be noticed quite easily if the contrast is right. Makes for some beautiful themes.
    01-28-10 09:11 PM
    I've had my 9700 since the day T-Mobile released them and the screen is still beautiful. I had a 8320 Curve before, so its a big difference.
    01-28-10 10:03 PM
    yup this phone (9700) has an awesome screen. what if they made another BB with a even BIGGER/BETTER screen? o:
    01-29-10 12:15 AM
    The phone to me is just AMAZING all together! I am glad to see someone who also loves there phone. I couldn't have made a better choice....
    01-29-10 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD