Hello everybody, just wanted to give a shout out to T-moble for taking care of me once again!!! I called them a few days ago to see when my contract would expire so I could get the upgrade discount and upgrade my 8120 to a 9700. They said my contract is due to expire in may, I said thank you and started to hang up when I heard "hold on a minute" and the t-mobile operator said "I see here that you've been a customer with us since 2004, before we were even called t-mobile" I said yes, she then said "I'm going to waive the expiration date for you and let you upgrade today, and we've got a sale on the 9700 for $149.00 and we'll break it up in 4 payments too" I'm due to receive my new 9700 sometime tomorrow, 4 months early!!! Thank you so very muchT-mobile!!!
    01-27-10 08:58 PM
    Oh man. I wish I had that luck!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 09:28 PM
    That is great and thanks for sharing. While I am not a T-Mobile customer, it is good to hear some good news and a thank you. Too often all we see are the bad sides and we tend to become somewhat jaded in our opinions. For every 1 thank you or attaboy, there seems to be 50 negative stories and it is difficult to see the good in the midst of all the bad. Please don't misunderstand, I firmly believe the 50, I just also know that there are a lot more positive stories that never get told, so it is refreshing to see this tidbit. As they say so often, "it is easier to complain than to compliment". And last but not least a congratulations to T-Mobile, you have a very loyal customer in rnh2112
    01-27-10 09:32 PM
    That's a [retty sweet deal. I actually just got my 9700 as well, but I was out of my contract by a few weeks so I got a pretty decent deal on it as well.
    01-27-10 09:46 PM
    Well in another post it looks like T-Mobile has started offering many of their customers chances to renew their contract prior to their contract expiring. I ordered mine today and got my phone at a discount and my contract expires in June. Check out the other post and you'll get more info on it.

01-27-10 09:57 PM
    Well in another post it looks like T-Mobile has started offering many of their customers chances to renew their contract prior to their contract expiring. I ordered mine today and got my phone at a discount and my contract expires in June. Check out the other post and you'll get more info on it.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I am on month 12 of 24, and i qualify for the 149 split 4 ways now. That was not there two days ago! A 9700 might be in my near future!
    01-27-10 10:30 PM
    T-Mobile has always been really good to me. Just the other day I called their support service and got what I needed fixed almost immediately. Even joked around a little bit with the rep as well.
    01-27-10 10:56 PM
    Hello everybody, just wanted to give a shout out to T-moble for taking care of me once again!!! I called them a few days ago to see when my contract would expire so I could get the upgrade discount and upgrade my 8120 to a 9700. They said my contract is due to expire in may, I said thank you and started to hang up when I heard "hold on a minute" and the t-mobile operator said "I see here that you've been a customer with us since 2004, before we were even called t-mobile" I said yes, she then said "I'm going to waive the expiration date for you and let you upgrade today, and we've got a sale on the 9700 for $149.00 and we'll break it up in 4 payments too" I'm due to receive my new 9700 sometime tomorrow, 4 months early!!! Thank you so very muchT-mobile!!!

That rep didn't do anything special for you, they changed the upgrade policy couple of days ago. The fact that you've been with them since 2004 had nothing to do with it.

I am not sure if they raised the price on the phone since the new upgrade policy started. But my brother upgraded to his 9700 last week through customer care for $129.99 and waived $18 upgrade fee and shipping without asking. They also gave him a $25 loyalty credit for being with them since 2007, which is not that long ago in my opinion...
    01-28-10 03:09 AM
    Yeah the upgrade policy change for Smartphones. Also, T-Mobile received their name in USA in 2001 when they were known as VoiceStream. I don't recall 2004 including a crazy name change.
    01-28-10 07:13 AM
    That is great and thanks for sharing. While I am not a T-Mobile customer, it is good to hear some good news and a thank you. Too often all we see are the bad sides and we tend to become somewhat jaded in our opinions. For every 1 thank you or attaboy, there seems to be 50 negative stories and it is difficult to see the good in the midst of all the bad. Please don't misunderstand, I firmly believe the 50, I just also know that there are a lot more positive stories that never get told, so it is refreshing to see this tidbit. As they say so often, "it is easier to complain than to compliment". And last but not least a congratulations to T-Mobile, you have a very loyal customer in rnh2112
    A big problem, at least in my opinion, is people don't understand their plans and contracts and rather than acknowledge that fact, they prefer to blame somebody else (their service provider). I work in an industry that can be difficult to understand (health insurance) but in most cases, if you check you can find your easily find your answer. But again, for those who don't bother to check can only blame somebody else for their own failures.

Many of the carrier complaints you see on here are simply because somebody didn't read (or at least breeze through) their contract for things like ETFs or you have the opposite who try to cheat the system and find a loophole. Personally, I feel most customer service employees in any industry deserve a lot more pay than they get for the crap they put up with on a daily basis. Sure, not all are great, but most are probably pretty decent at their job. A lot of it just depends on the policies of the company they work for. You might not like what they tell you, but they are simply doing their job in accordance to what their employer states. Regardless, it is nice to see an occasional post about somebody who was happy with their customer service experience. For every complaint, there were probably hundreds of happy customers who never said a word.
    01-28-10 07:49 AM
    A big problem, at least in my opinion, is people don't understand their plans and contracts and rather than acknowledge that fact, they prefer to blame somebody else (their service provider). I work in an industry that can be difficult to understand (health insurance) but in most cases, if you check you can find your easily find your answer. But again, for those who don't bother to check can only blame somebody else for their own failures.

Many of the carrier complaints you see on here are simply because somebody didn't read (or at least breeze through) their contract for things like ETFs or you have the opposite who try to cheat the system and find a loophole. Personally, I feel most customer service employees in any industry deserve a lot more pay than they get for the crap they put up with on a daily basis. Sure, not all are great, but most are probably pretty decent at their job. A lot of it just depends on the policies of the company they work for. You might not like what they tell you, but they are simply doing their job in accordance to what their employer states. Regardless, it is nice to see an occasional post about somebody who was happy with their customer service experience. For every complaint, there were probably hundreds of happy customers who never said a word.
    Thank you for saying that.
    01-28-10 12:46 PM
    Now that's why I switched to T-Mobile. I like their customer services WAYYY better than Centennial Wireless.
    01-29-10 10:59 AM
    Nice, I'm glad to hear they're treating long time customers well.
    01-31-10 11:43 PM
    I work in an industry that can be difficult to understand (health insurance) but in most cases, if you check you can find your easily find your answer. But again, for those who don't bother to check can only blame somebody else for their own failures.
    Corporate guy here too. Let's be honest with the folks. A LOT of these boilerplate contracts and fine print gooblety gook within them are written by greedy lawyers and greedy executives to screw the public.

When Joe and Mary Consumer go into a cell store to get a new phone and have their 3 kids with them, they have neither the time or the patience to sit down and pull out their reading classes and call their attorney to go over a cell-phone contract. The concept is ridiculous. And it would be a waste of time anyway. No carrier rep has the ability (or training) to interpret contract language and/or to negotiate acceptance or modifications of any of it. If you dared to question a contract point, the carrier rep would tell you (politely) to sign the darn contract or get out of the store. There's no negotiation here. The concept is ridiculous.

So people sign these things without even knowing what they mean. It's really one of the things that's wrong with our culture. And it's one of the things that creates cynicism about American business in general.

I remember a negotiation class I once took. The principal idea the instructor taught was that a negotiation was a tw0-way process where both parties had the ability to negotiate. With these carrier contracts, there's no negotiation. You sign the d*amn things or you don't get a cell phone. The language could say that the carrier has the right to burn your house down. There's no negotiation you can do about any of the language in these things. You sign it or you don't get service. End of discussion.
    02-01-10 12:19 PM
    I had a similar thing happen. I was more than 4 months from an upgrade but its amazing what those CSR will do for you when you're nice to them. Got my 9700 split into 4 payments too!

02-01-10 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD