I just had an interview with sprint and the DM whipped out nothing but the Tour2. I was shocked when he took it out of his pocket. He was saying that Sprint is having a meeting about the device and are handing out Tour2's to employee to try out and use to get to know the phone before it launches. It was beautiful :*) Its getting closer!
    01-27-10 07:06 PM
    DM?

What's there to "get to know" other than a trackpad and a box to check on "manage connections" for the wifi?

I don't doubt you, but this justification makes no sense on the carriers' part...
    01-27-10 07:13 PM
    DM?

What's there to "get to know" other than a trackpad and a box to check on "manage connections" for the wifi?

I don't doubt you, but this justification makes no sense on the carriers' part...
    lol, agree with that...

All BBs are almost identical. Someone who used a 2006 Pearl can easily use a S2 or a 9700... or a Tour 2!
    01-27-10 07:21 PM
    DM... District Manager
    01-27-10 07:27 PM
    sooooo nice too hear!! stayin positive!
    01-27-10 08:07 PM
    Yaaaaayyy!!!
    01-27-10 08:34 PM
    With all of these rumors and leaks going around lately and now this, this phone seriously has to be coming out within the next couple weeks, I'd be really surprised if it didn't.
    01-27-10 08:52 PM
    I really hope so, I just sold my curve today, and am back to a dumb phone until it comes out
    01-27-10 09:03 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen! Haha had to do it sorry. But I agree with the above there isn't really anything new to learn so that is weird
    01-27-10 09:07 PM
    Can't wait to off my S1 for the Essex.
    01-27-10 09:14 PM
    there have been so many leaks...cellbrite, the keypad on spare parts website, this, sal and travis both agreeeing on a date...how can this be not happening soon
    01-27-10 11:02 PM
    Can't wait to off my S1 for the Essex.
    AGREED!!! Me either!
    01-27-10 11:11 PM
    I'm with yall on this one...
    01-28-10 07:05 AM
    I'm not going to call BS on this one, it's really close, there's plenty of units floating around with carrier units now that it's being spotted all over. One of my friends went into Sprint the other day to shop plans since he's switching from ATT soon and claimed "the tech had a new Bold, I wouldn't think they'd let their employees use another carriers phone right out in the open." I didn't want to bash his head in with CrackBerry nerdness, but I think we all can put together what he probably saw. A week before the expected release? I'm willing to bet regionally at least, the techs probably have them, you standard CS reps are probably still getting left in the dark though so they don't slip up, mention it and cost the company immediate sales.
    01-28-10 11:52 AM
    I believe the OP. I mean...Why would the district manager whip out a Tour 1 and say that they're handing them out for employees to get used to? Tour 1 has been out for 6 months now.

...and it's pretty damn hard to confuse an 8330 or an 8350i with a Tour 1 or Tour 2.
    01-28-10 01:45 PM
    cool cant wait
    01-28-10 04:02 PM
    Not every sprint, verizon, at&t, t-mobile employees use BBs. I can see this happening.
    01-28-10 05:55 PM
    I'm personally going to call BS.

Sprint employees (ALL employees included. District Managers, Store Managers, Reps, etc...) are all required to sign privacy statements concerning all Sprint products that havent been publicized.

The DM "whipping" out a "rumored" phone that is yet released by ANY carrier and isnt even on the manufacturers website to an individual who isnt even employed with Sprint and is therefore no different than the average person on the street is grounds for immediate termination. IMMEDIATE.

The DM HAS to be aware of this. So I personally dont believe the DM pulled out that phone. Especially not activated on Sprint.

That being said...I am anxious for this phones release.
    Last edited by Quis89; 01-29-10 at 12:25 AM.
    01-29-10 12:17 AM

Sprint employees (ALL employees included. District Managers, Store Managers, Reps, etc...) are all required to sign privacy statements concerning all Sprint products that havent been publicized.

The DM "whipping" out a "rumored" phone that is yet released by ANY carrier and isnt even on the manufacturers website to an individual who isnt even employed with Sprint and is therefore no different than the average person on the street is grounds for immediate termination. IMMEDIATE.

The DM HAS to be aware of this. So I personally dont believe the DM pulled out that phone. Especially not activated on Sprint.

So therefore all the pics and vids of the 9650 floating around have gotten so many people fired? I believe it. Average Joe out there isn't gonna yell to the world HEY THAT GUY HAS A TOUR 9650!!!
    01-29-10 01:56 AM
    Are you sure he didn't just have this?.....

Attachment 53135
    Last edited by bunsen; 01-29-10 at 08:42 AM.
    01-29-10 08:40 AM
    umm 2 months before the palm pre was released I played with one because I walked by a kid using one at a cooporate kiosk in my local mall and I asked to see it.
    Because of this experience and the un official release date of the Essex I am saying he is more than likely telling the truth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 09:23 AM
    there was a sprint regional market director i was bs with who had the supposed tour2, his bb rep gave him it a week back to use, i called his bs when he told me and he whipped it out at the bar two days later. i know when i worked with tmobile the 8900 was released to me and other sales manager of our company three weeks prior to the release in stores.
    01-29-10 09:27 AM
    How can this be so hard for people to believe? People have had this phone for awhile, just not the public. I hope Feb. I need a new phone....BAD.
    01-29-10 11:44 AM
    Are you sure he didn't just have this?.....

Attachment 53135
    I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm not calling bs, tough. If I didn't know the case existed, and saw it quick I would have assumed it was the tour 2 aswell. I just picked up one of those cases for the 8530 yesterday at sprint. I love the way it looks. I looks alot like the 9700 imo.
    01-29-10 11:52 AM
    I was thinking the same exact thing. I'm not calling bs, tough. If I didn't know the case existed, and saw it quick I would have assumed it was the tour 2 aswell. I just picked up one of those cases for the 8530 yesterday at sprint. I love the way it looks. I looks alot like the 9700 imo.

Yeah, I'm not calling BS either. At least now every time I look at this, IMO lesser phone (I dislike what it lacks compared to my tour but love the trackpad), I am at least more pleased with its appearance since I scooped up this case.

I just switched back to Sprint after a 6 month stint with a VZW Tour (well 3 Tours technically). I wanted to try something with a trackpad, which I love, but am missing the screen resolution, browser speed, camera flash, and keyboard my Tour had. Plus for some reason I'm having major signal issues with this phone compared to my previous Sprint BB's. I think I got a lemon, and will be exchanging it today...my IT BES folks are gonna to be frustrated with me this month.

I have 23 days left on my 30 day grace period for the T2 to come out, or I'm switching to a T1 so I can at least be more satisfied with the important features. I can handle a trackball if it comes to that, but I hope the rumors are true and I can get my "ideal" device soon. The 8530 is a nice step up from my 8330, but since I had a Tour in between my opinion of this phone now is somewhat skewed.
    01-29-10 12:34 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD