to prevent any confusion, everything i describe i am doing on my blackberry, i don't need any help with the computer/web mail piece.
    i want to be able to see all of my messages, both sent and received. i go into my inbox (which is the enhanced gmail plug-in), go into filters, and change it from inbox to all mail. i hit the back key and i am able to see both sent and received, awesome. i hit back again as if to exit my inbox and it changes back to just incoming messages only. is there a way to keep that filter in place all the time or must i change it every time to see both my sent and received messages?
    01-27-10 05:29 PM
    I would also like to know!! It worked before my 5.0 upgrade, but now I have the same experiences as iroq.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 10:07 PM
    I don't have the gmail plug-in, but there is a setting in: Messages> Options> General Options> Hide Sent Messages> Set to No.
    01-27-10 10:14 PM
    I've already checked this, no change. :-(

01-27-10 10:24 PM
    hmmm...seems like it might be a problem with 5.0?
    and yeah, i set the hide sent messages option to no but that makes no difference =/
    01-28-10 05:37 PM
    Odd I see sent and received and I have two gmail enhanced email accounts on my phone I'm running .230 though, these are my settings

Display message count: unread
    Display new message indicator: yes
    Hide read file messages: no
    Hide sent messages: no
    Sms and email inboxes: separate

I also have delivery reports on except read receipts

01-28-10 07:39 PM
    whats up guys,,, is anyone having the problem where you cant see any of the sent mails at all???
    ever since i downloaded the gmail plug in it only picks up the SENT email tht i sent from my BB,, but if i send something from the computer,, it doesnt update on my BB which is very frustrating,, i even uninstalled the plug in and it must have done something to my original settings cause that did work either.
    please help!!!
    thanks
    01-30-10 09:09 AM
    After updating to 5.0, I only see some e-mail in my Messages screen; previously, everything showed. To see everything now, I have to manually choose "All Mail" from the Filters screen. Any help on making "all mail" the default when I open Messages (ie, like it was before I upgraded)? I'm going mad trying to fix this: seems like it ought to be easy.
    02-22-10 02:41 PM
    ive been tryin for days... cant find a way to set the filter to "all mail" full time...
    02-23-10 09:20 PM
    I wonder if its possible for someone to write an app that would force our gmail filter selections to stick. I have searched and searched, but their appears to be no way to get our gmail accounts to default to All Mail when opened.

06-12-10 05:01 AM
    I'm using the new torch and it automatically installs the enhanced gmail plug-in on all gmails accounts. My problem is it never sees anything on the google server. Selecting All Mail in the folder view I get nothing. Searching these folders for specific messages produces nothing. I only see what I sent/received on the BB.
    08-17-10 11:45 AM
    I also have the same problem as whsbuss, I can't see to get any "all mail" after selecting the folder. In fact when I go into the message options and look at folder redirect settings, the only ones that show up are the Inbox and spam. I have confirmed that everything on the IMAP side of gmail is correct. For it's worth I am using google apps, but I tried on one of my gmail accounts and still couldn't get "all mail" to show up. The only thing I get is new mail sent after adding the google email account- is there a time waiting period before I can see the all mail emails?
    08-17-10 01:25 PM
    Any new developments on this subject? I am having the same problem. Just did the upgrade to 5.0 on ATT. I would like to have "all mail" be my default filter as well
    08-25-10 03:01 PM
    I never had this problem when i was on OS 5 until yesterday. And it sucks I tried deleting the gmail folder and installing it again, no dice
    09-10-10 08:07 AM
    Finally I found the thread on here I have been looking for.... I notice the same issue all of you are posting about here once I installed OS 5.0.0.732 with Verizon and tried everything you all mentioned and everyone is right. It goes right back to inbox so when I send an email it leaves my inbox only to be in my Messages folder with a check mark showing it was sent and then of course I can receive emails as normal in my mail(gmail) folder.

In order for this to work once we choose ALL MAIL there has to be the save option on the BB button that we could highlight instead of like now it has no such option and like everyone says and myself found the once you hit the back button, it goes right back to inbox.

I hope RIM will add a save feature to the next build

Anyway come on RIM get it together for us will ya?
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-10-10 at 06:12 PM.
    09-10-10 06:08 PM
    Apparently, STILL no fix. Gmail worked fine util I updated my BB last night and now I don't get "All Mail" anymore - I have to use the Filter and it won't save that as a default. SO frustrating!
    11-15-10 11:10 AM
    to prevent any confusion, everything i describe i am doing on my blackberry, i don't need any help with the computer/web mail piece.
    i want to be able to see all of my messages, both sent and received. i go into my inbox (which is the enhanced gmail plug-in), go into filters, and change it from inbox to all mail. i hit the back key and i am able to see both sent and received, awesome. i hit back again as if to exit my inbox and it changes back to just incoming messages only. is there a way to keep that filter in place all the time or must i change it every time to see both my sent and received messages?
    I hate to tell you this but I have done an extreme ammount of research on this thread after I posted here once already to your question and this is what I have found... There is absolutly NO POSSIBLE way to do what you are asking to have done because you have no way by your BB menu button to "SAVE" when you make the change to your filter to keep it that way and this is why I made the decision to dowhat I did and that was to return my mialbox back to normal even though I do use a gmail email address on my BB and the way I did it is by removing the enhanced gmail plugin with BBSAK.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am running 5.0.0.732 as VZW official OS and since i did what I mentioned above I love the way my email inbox works now.
    There are depending on your device 3 or 4 .cod files(mine had 3) that if you simply hook up your BB to your computer and open BBSAK and go to the tab to read your device and then click on the .cod files tab just scroll to where you see the files for gmail. Once you uninstall or delete the largest one first(at least that is what I did) your device will then auto reboot. Then go back again and delete the last 2 or 3 .cod files.

Now the gmail plugin is gone and you have a normal inbox that you can now have everything you want and you can even go onto your BIS site and rename your email acct. to personalize it so if I name it My Personal Email that is how it will show on your device as well.

Good luck and I hope this will help all of you with this pesky plugin.
    11-15-10 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD