So I came back from PT today and look in my bag only to find my storm 2 warm to the touch and vibrating continuously, black screen with a blinking red light. It was completely unresponsive and finished only after I did a batt pull. I couldn't find anything exactly like my problem on this forum or google. My phone is burning through batteries and is running slow. I am looking for a reason to drop it for the nexus one but since it isn't out yet I need to keep this thing working. I am not running any special OS or hybrid. My bag is not damp and I keep my laptop which I am currently typing on in it.

Any advice, suggestions etc?

-trustno1
    01-27-10 05:25 PM
    Update your OS. If you are running the Verizon Official one, it used to happen to me all the time when I got two texts at once or an email and a text. Batt Pull and it will reboot, but update if you don't want to deal with it.
    01-27-10 05:37 PM
    Are you running any themes? I find half of them are possessed. Also, what 3rd party apps, if any, have you downloaded?

If my phone did that more than once, the first thing I would do is reinstall the OS. If your not running .428, I'd recommend that you upgrade to it.
    01-27-10 06:00 PM
    I am using the iphony theme that crackberry gave away some time ago. As for third party apps...well way too many. Weatherbug, storm slider, gtalk. those are really the only ones that are constantly running. I have been running these programs for weeks and have not had any issues. I guess I will start backing up my phone and get ready to put .428 on it. I heard it was still kinda buggy though. You guys have any problems?
    01-27-10 06:13 PM
    If this vibration problem occurs with any regularity, I'd delete any and all themes and stick with precision zen for a few days.

As to .428 being buggy, I don't know what your heard or where you heard it, but I don't have a single issue with .428. As far as I'm concerned, it's a perfect OS.
    01-27-10 06:19 PM
    I would just run the stock zen theme and monitor the phone for a few days.
    If the problem continues, upgrade to 428.
    If the problem still continues, downgrade back to 320 and have verizon send you a new device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD