I am new to Twitter and am most interested in using it to get tweets from companies etc... Facebook is my social network of choice.. I DL Seemic BB APP and while it seems pretty good so far, I am not getting notified with new Tweets etc... I thought from reading about this APP on the company site that it would do notifications on the main screen of the BB like Facebook does... Possibly I am missing something???

What I am looking for is a Twitter APP that will show new tweets just like facebook on the main screen or like BB Messenger showing how mnay new messages etc...

Also, I believe the facebook app is always running since it notifies of new messages with thwe facebook icon... It appears that twitter apps are not constantly running but instead setting allow "refres" from 5 minutes to 1 hour... As a new twitter person I guess the refresh is to not drain the BB battery???

Finally, does a free twitter APP exist that also allows adding new people or companies and managing lists???

Thanks!
    01-27-10 01:21 PM
    Ubertwitter is the best!
    01-27-10 01:22 PM
    download vodaphone update, it will do your FB and twitter or get a Socialscope invite. Both are free, SS is hard to get for some but worth a shot
    01-27-10 01:25 PM
    I thought this was with ads? It costs money for no ads?? Also what is the Vodaphone Update???? Link please?? Is vodaphone update only for UK phones??
    01-27-10 01:48 PM
    start here, it should end where you need to be for your phone. I don't know what you are referring to in regards to "ads"
    01-27-10 01:51 PM
    ÜberTwitter | Purchase ... I was just assuming that the free version would have ads or something??? Why do they have a subscription version and free version?
    01-27-10 02:04 PM
    http://crackberry.com/update-twitter...odafone-update

Weird, the link didn't post. Here is the CB blog post on vodaphone update. Ubertwitter does have adds but they do not hinder the functionality IMO
    01-27-10 02:07 PM
    Thanks for the link! I'll have to try it out... I'm hoping it does the push notification as well?
    01-27-10 02:26 PM
    No twitter app on the bb has push notifications yet.
    01-27-10 02:26 PM
    ÜberTwitter | Purchase ... I was just assuming that the free version would have ads or something??? Why do they have a subscription version and free version?
    UberTwitter used to have a small ad banner across the top, but in the most recent release, the ads are now disguised as Tweets that appear towards the top of the timeline.
    01-27-10 03:29 PM
    I thought twixtreme did early on....had an icon that let you know that you had tweets on your HS....
    I have been wrong before though....
    01-27-10 03:34 PM
    Seemic APP states:

Be Notified
    While it is running in the background, Seesmic for BlackBerry will alert you to received Direct Messages and @Replies that require your attention. This is done using the familiar system-wide icon notification bar that alerts you to new mail, sms messages and voicemails.

BlackBerry for Twitter - Seesmic

However, I can't get it to work...
    01-27-10 04:20 PM
    I use the newest release of UberTwitter, ver. 0.945, I think? It will vibrate for DM's and @ replies. It has notifications on the homescreen, sometimes. I don't get it, sometimes I will have a icon notifying me of new tweets and sometimes not. It's like it just decides whether or not to do it. Doing a battery pull seems to have no effect on it at all?

But, I don't think any Twitter client has push notifications. They all use a pull at the time interval you choose. I could be wrong though, and would like to be corrected. I'm just waiting for RIM's official one that will hopefully be available in the near future. That will have push notifications, and much better integration into the rest of the BB.
    01-27-10 04:35 PM
    Ubertwitter

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 01:33 PM
    None of them have push notifications. Most have notification icons.

Push notifications would be something similar to how BIS works, where a server sees you have a new tweet, then tells your phone. The push system would be great for tweets, as it would limit battery drain from having the app open all the time.
    01-28-10 01:56 PM
    tweetissimo does

but only a select group has it
    01-28-10 02:16 PM
    if you have unlimited text, just add your number in the settings and they'll send you a text with the update, works perfect for me and doesnt drain battery as if you were to leave ubertwitter open
    01-28-10 05:34 PM
    Doesn't the official Twitter app push?
    I installed it but it doesn't seem to work
    Last edited by grahamf; 05-04-10 at 06:57 PM.
    05-04-10 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD