Updated my curve to 5.0 and now every time I follow a link saying I have picture mail, it opens in the browser but only a black page shows up. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 01:20 PM
    With the new version of the OS it should just display the photo in the SMS/MMS application and not take you to an external link. BUT since it is a Curve it may still give the link instead.

Is it the same picture or all pictures that take you to a black screen?

Also remember that OS 5.0 for the Sprint Curve is not official, only the Boost Mobile one is, so that could be the problem you are experiencing

I would recommend not taking it to a Sprint service and repair center for the issue as they will turn it away for having unofficial modified software

(I manage a Sprint Service and Repair center, that's how I know)
    01-27-10 02:01 PM
    With the new version of the OS it should just display the photo in the SMS/MMS application and not take you to an external link. BUT since it is a Curve it may still give the link instead.

Is it the same picture or all pictures that take you to a black screen?

Also remember that OS 5.0 for the Sprint Curve is not official, only the Boost Mobile one is, so that could be the problem you are experiencing

I would recommend not taking it to a Sprint service and repair center for the issue as they will turn it away for having unofficial modified software

(I manage a Sprint Service and Repair center, that's how I know)

01-27-10 06:50 PM
    Ok thanks, should I try using the boost mobile official software or just stick the unofficial software I have now? I know that I'm not going to any sprint store

01-27-10 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD