how come i have 2 BB messenger version in my DTM? one is unchecked n the other is checked.
    01-27-10 04:46 AM
    One came with the OS, which is not the most recently released, and they other you probably downloaded from either Blackberry.com or App World... more than likely that is the issue... don't worry about it.
    01-27-10 06:25 AM
    Just delete the one who's version is NOT 5.0.0.57
    01-27-10 11:51 AM
    i don't think it's that easy...
    coz, in the DTM, it shows 2 BBM [one is checked (the newer version which is in my BB) and the other one is unchecked( the older version that i uninstalled). if i leave it like that n click NEXT it will uninstall the newer one too. but if i checked the older version, i ended up with 2 version of BBMs in my bb.
    is there a way to solve this?
    01-27-10 12:22 PM
    I had this happen, too. Not sure what I did to fix it though. You could just backup your BBM contacts, delete it from the handheld and not from DM and make sure both are gone from DM. Then just download the newest version from blackberry.com.

I will point out that I recently wiped my phone and when I loaded the OS an older version of BBM was installed. I simply logged into it and chose the check for update function and installed the newest version from the web. Last I ran DM I only saw one instance of BBM, version 5.0.0.57.
    mmm sounds like it will work... lemme try this, n i'll post the results... if this works, MAG here i come
    01-27-10 01:23 PM
    how come i have 2 BB messenger version in my DTM? one is unchecked n the other is checked.
    One comes preinstalled with whatever OS you have installed on your phone (BBM is likely v4.7) the other (and likely the one thats checked in DTM) is BBM 5.0.0.57 which is the newest messenger out there. As long as you leave v5.0.57 checked and the v4.7 unchecked your phone will never have both versions installed at the same time.
    01-27-10 01:55 PM
    mmm sounds like it will work... lemme try this, n i'll post the results... if this works, MAG here i come
    here's what i did:
    1. remove the newer version.
    2. install the older one via DTM, after this done i ended up with 1 BBM (older ver.)
    3. i went to BB apps world, download the newer version, installed it and it asked to replace the older version with the new one. i choose yes.
    4. after all that, now i have 1 BBM (the new version)

BUT... when i plug my BB to the DTM there're still 2 BBM. so basically it's right where i started again...
    01-27-10 02:43 PM
    One comes preinstalled with whatever OS you have installed on your phone (BBM is likely v4.7) the other (and likely the one thats checked in DTM) is BBM 5.0.0.57 which is the newest messenger out there. As long as you leave v5.0.57 checked and the v4.7 unchecked your phone will never have both versions installed at the same time.
    but that way, everytime i click next for everything i'll end up between having 2 BBMs, 1 BBm (old vers) or none at all.
    01-27-10 02:44 PM
    One of them is unchecked, so have you tried to simply remove (delete) that from DM? Same as if you remove an app that's already uninstalled but is still listed there.

Not sure if you said you tried that already. I can do this with uninstalled third party apps that are unchecked but still listed in DM and it works fine.
    i did, i left the older version unchecked, and the newer one checked. so this supposed to leave me with one BBM the newer one right? nope it removes the BBM, i ended up without any of'em...
    01-27-10 04:37 PM
    I've thought about deleting the COD's for the BBM on the OS, I wonder if that will work.

I removed the enhanced gmail plugin and it shows up as an update everytime I connect to DM. I deleted the COD's and it didn't help.

I don't have any issues with bbm getting removed. I just leave the old one unchecked and .57 checked and it all works out.
    01-27-10 08:23 PM
    SOLVED!!!
    a new software fix it... i downloaded the new BB handheld software, since i found out that it comes with the new version of BBM, so i wiped my BB and install the software... BOOOM!!!! 1 BBM and it's the 5.00 version......

so, i think the problem is the new BBM that we downloaded from OTA is a "leaked" version, which is NOT supposed to be intergrated in a software yet...
    01-28-10 04:08 AM
    ever since i got this 9700- sumthin stranger has been goin on with my SMS and BBM. i understand that the new SMS msgs are threaded and look like BBM, but they are still SMS, NOT BBM. if im havin a convo with someone thru SMS, their name is listed in my SMS box and my BBM, and in both areas, there's this icon that is new to me. it looks like a fone. its a grey rectangle with a smaller white rectangle in the middle. does anyone know about this, why and how to change this?
    01-28-10 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD