I have a question i really want to get my hands on a storm and i am not sure what it means when looking at craigslist or even in the marketplace here or at cb when it says that a storm is unlocked. can anyone explain it to me in a little more depth. i have had the 8310 the 9000 on att and now the 8330 on verizon and never worried about unlocking a phone. i just know i want a storm that works on verizon perferabily on that is already verizon branded. any chance you guys could help me out on figuring this out?
    01-26-10 10:27 PM
    All you need is a Storm 9530 then. That's the Verizon version, there is no need to have it unlocked.
    01-26-10 10:31 PM
    You would unlock your phone if you wanted to use it with a GSM carrier for example Tmobile/ATT or if you were travelling and wanted to use another carrier while roaming to prevent super high roaming fees.

Just so you know make sure the ESN is clean before you buy a CDMA device off Craigslist!
    01-26-10 11:01 PM
    Just so you know make sure the ESN is clean before you buy a CDMA device off Craigslist!
    If i were you i'd meet the person you're buying it from at your carrier's store to see if it could be immediately activated to prevent getting ripped off
    01-26-10 11:22 PM
    I have a question i really want to get my hands on a storm and i am not sure what it means when looking at craigslist or even in the marketplace here or at cb when it says that a storm is unlocked. can anyone explain it to me in a little more depth. i have had the 8310 the 9000 on att and now the 8330 on verizon and never worried about unlocking a phone. i just know i want a storm that works on verizon perferabily on that is already verizon branded. any chance you guys could help me out on figuring this out?
    Did you check with Verizon if you're eligible for an upgrade?
    01-27-10 02:47 AM
    No i wont be eligable for an upgrade until next july. and what do you mean by a clear ESN?
    01-27-10 04:56 AM
    No i wont be eligable for an upgrade until next july. and what do you mean by a clear ESN?
    If you buy Verizon Blackberry that has been reported stolen, or has an unpaid balance on the account, you won't be able to get it activated on Verizon.

You always want to make sure you are buying it from someone reliable and make also sure that the ESN is clean by checking with Verizon before.
    01-27-10 06:52 AM
    Ah makes sense i was unsure as to what that meant. thanks guys for answering my question. i just might wait til tax money comes in and get me a new one with all the accessories
    01-27-10 08:07 AM
    Ah makes sense i was unsure as to what that meant. thanks guys for answering my question. i just might wait til tax money comes in and get me a new one with all the accessories
    Always glad to help. Let us if you ever have any other questions
    01-27-10 12:51 PM
    I unlocked mine and switched to ATT. You will need to change service book to get everything work/
    01-27-10 02:23 PM
    If a device is unlocked it means it can be used on any gsm network that supports the frequencies on the device. For Verizon use being unlocked or not doesn't mean anything.
    01-27-10 05:58 PM
    What about an unlocked 9530 on Cbeyond? I have a buddy that just switched and is very dissapointed in Cbeyond's device choices. He misses his Storm.
    01-28-10 12:55 PM
    If they are gsm it will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 12:58 PM
    Just wait till its time to upgrade and buy your storm new, somethings are meant to be bought used, but as far as i am concerned, a phone is not one of them
    01-28-10 01:02 PM
    If they are gsm it will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am thinking that it won't work. The following comes from CBeyond site under the Tour 9360 info:

Network Support Quad-Band: 850/900/1800/1900MHz, Single-Band: 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA networks, Dual-Band: 800/1900 MHz CDMA/EVDO Rev A networks.
    01-28-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD