Counting the Tour 2 as Verizon's newest Blackberry I am wondering what will be the next big thing to drop. QWERTY keyboard devices so I am not counting Storm 3.

I have a gut feeling that the Bold 9700 won't see life on Verizon so I think there has to eventually be a new device coming down the pipeline. Any here have any clues?
    01-26-10 07:17 PM
    I'd like to see an 8950 or a Bold 9000 sized phone.
    02-04-10 04:47 PM
    I'd like to see an 8950 or a Bold 9000 sized phone.
    yea same hear...
    02-04-10 06:13 PM
    I like the 8900 so I'm hoping for a cdma version with updates such as a track pad, at least 3.2 mp camera (pref 5.0) with flash, and app memory at least as good as the S2. I've never been crazy about the look of the Tour so I'm not going there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 08:54 AM
    I have heard exactly zero rumors on this. I would bet that after the Tour 2 drops, we might get some leaks on the next full QWERTY.

I too would love the old Bold size. With trackpad, wifi, webkit browser, OS 6.0, and built-in IR to control my TV. That would be the ultimate berry.
    02-16-10 03:36 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath, VZW has gone leaps and bounds over previous years new BB releases with the 8530, tour, Tour 9650, S1 and S2. IMO VZW is VERY droid friendly and will return to normal practices soon. Look how long they hung onto the 8830 and 8330....again, this is just my opinion
    02-16-10 03:40 PM
    This is true. Though I would still think a leak of something will surface in the spring.
    02-16-10 03:47 PM
    I would also like to see a Bold 9000 size device for VZW. Hopefully the touch/qwerty combo comes, but obviously way after AT&T get it since it is only rumored to be a GSM phone right now.
    02-16-10 03:47 PM
    I would also like to see a Bold 9000 size device for VZW. Hopefully the touch/qwerty combo comes, but obviously way after AT&T get it since it is only rumored to be a GSM phone right now.
    that would definantly be the ultimate BB on VZW. 9000 bold is by far the best looking blackberry to date.
    02-16-10 09:03 PM
    Have a feeling that after the T2 and next Storm, the next"new" Vzw Berry will be out in 2011. Who knows how many rumored devices will be talked about?

02-16-10 09:22 PM
    Have a feeling that after the T2 and next Storm, the next"new" Vzw Berry will be out in 2011. Who knows how many rumored devices will be talked about?

That is most likely how it will be, except maybe the new pearl. It will be very interesting to see what will be coming in 2011!
    02-16-10 11:23 PM
    Here are my thoughts:

1.) I VERY HIGHLY doubt we will ever see anymore Bold 9000 sized/looking devices from RIM because it is an older design and they have since moved away from it (look at the Tour and Bold 9700 designs and size).

2.) An interesting point was made in a post above regarding Verizon holding on to devices in their lineup for a very long time. This is true but I'm wondering how all this increased competition with AT&T will change things. We have all seen the numerous ads now slamming AT&T for its lousy 3G coverage compared to Verizon's. AT&T is swinging back saying that on their network you can surf the web/receive e-mails at the same time as being on a call (this is true, GSM vs. CDMA) AND they are also swinging back with them having the "cooler" phones as Mr. Luke Wilson says in the commercials. I'm wondering if this will make Verizon switch it into a higher gear and start securing the latest and greatest devices into their lineup at a much faster pace?

However this is all on the basis that cell phone companies create "cool devices" for CDMA. If a device isn't CDMA then Verizon is out of luck. It's been discussed many times that the reason all the major electronics/cell phone companies build GSM devices is because most of the world runs GSM. So develop and build one device and ship that bad boy out to whatever carrier is willing to pay for it. With CDMA they have to spend money developing and building a device which is only going to be useful to a much smaller population which of course means smaller revenues in return. I am very interested to see what happens when both Verizon and AT&T have their LTE networks up and running. That means for example the Bold 10,020 with 100 megapixel camera and no trackpad or trackball but a sensor that reads your mind and knows what app to open and what website to go to! lol, will be fair game for both Verizon and AT&T.
    Last edited by Mr. Marco; 02-17-10 at 01:47 AM.
    02-17-10 01:30 AM
    that would definantly be the ultimate BB on VZW. 9000 bold is by far the best looking blackberry to date.
    I love my 9630 a lot! But I really miss the size and better data speed I had on ATT along with the WiFi. The only reason I left ATT is the call quality sucked so bad. So I say bring on a 9000 size CDMA phone!!

Chris
    02-17-10 09:37 AM
    That is most likely how it will be, except maybe the new pearl. It will be very interesting to see what will be coming in 2011!
    Oops. Forgot about the new Pearl. Being a former Pearl owner, I totally omitted it from my memory. I just don't like it.
    02-17-10 10:00 AM
    I love my Tour, but I would switch carriers just to get a Bold-sized phone in my hand. So much easier to type on larger buttons and I like a phone to have a bit of heft to it. I dont like how everything coming out is consistently smaller and more compact than its predecessor. Bold 9000 is the PERFECT size for me.
    02-18-10 11:52 AM
    A bold sized device will never again exist. I'm guessing we'll see a "true" successor to the tour, or the curve 8920? The reason I say true successor is because the tour2 is really tour1.5 (tour with trackpad + wifi)

02-18-10 04:51 PM
    A bold sized device will never again exist. I'm guessing we'll see a "true" successor to the tour, or the curve 8920? The reason I say true successor is because the tour2 is really tour1.5 (tour with trackpad + wifi)

Wasn't that leaked picture of the Dakota bold sized?
    02-18-10 10:28 PM
    Wasn't that leaked picture of the Dakota bold sized?
    If by Dakota you mean the hybrid touchscreen and qwerty keyboard device that had some pictures leaked and even a video here on crackberry, well it was clearly stated in the video that what you indeed saw was the Bold 9000 form factor but that it was a much older prototype of the device and that RIM has since moved away from that design.
    02-18-10 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD