Software For BlackBerry� Curve (TM) 8330 smartphone

For ESN devices only. 8330m devices can use the following hybrid. If your not sure, check in status, about or the Help Me screen.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/833...6/#post4385953

Software Download for Boost Mobile

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.724 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.724
    Consisting of:

Applications: 5.0.0.438

Software Platform: 3.5.0.44

File name: 8330AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel724_PL3.5.0.44_A5.0.0.438_Boo st_Mobile.exe

File size: 90.38MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

• Software

Basic Instructions:

1. Download the above OS file to your PC then install it to your PC by double clicking the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator.")
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the vendor.xml file.
    3. Plug in your BB to a usb port and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same folder as the above vendor.xml file.

Don't disconnect your BB unless you get an error message, or you get a completed message. Some of the upgrade steps take a while, and it may appear to have stalled or stopped, but it has not. Be patient, and let the update load (30 - 45 minutes).

For the best installation procedure click here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 04-15-10 at 10:02 AM.
    LatinGTR likes this.
    01-26-10 12:01 PM
    question for a friend, will this work on other networks other than boost ??
    she has no clue probably on what she's doing so just wanna make sure
    01-26-10 03:15 PM
    Sure will work. OS are device dependent, not carrier dependent. That's why you need to at a minimum, delete vendor.xml before installation.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-26-10 03:20 PM
    Nice job Ed! I'm impressed you did it all with your BlackBerry!

01-26-10 04:43 PM
    so an official 5.0 for the 8330? how much memory is left after the install?
    01-26-10 05:27 PM
    so an official 5.0 for the 8330? how much memory is left after the install?
    i read from others about 15 less than the 4.5 install

sadly i have sprint 8330m...
    come on sprint... we are waiting...
    01-26-10 05:46 PM
    Installed this last night... the verdict is still out. I like a lot of the new features, but there is definitely less memory now, and I have yet to get BBM and Google Talk functional again. Thinking perhaps though I need to uninstall a few apps I don't use often and that will help things.
    01-26-10 05:51 PM
    sadly i have sprint 8330m...
    come on sprint... we are waiting...
    Have you tried this and know it doesnt work on the m? Boost did just get the 8330 right? I thought all the new 8330's were m's.
    01-26-10 05:52 PM
    There's been some discussion about it, and based on the file name, and the fact that it's coming installed on new 8330's, I have to believe it's for MEID phones.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-26-10 07:41 PM
    I installed this the other day, on an 8330 (not M) from Bell Mobility. GPS does not work, and if you look on the Boost website, they don't advertise this handset as having GPS, despite many other handsets on offer which do show GPS as a feature.

There was another poster who said GPS wasn't working after the upgrade, I think also on Bell Mobility.

Is there anyone out there who has installed this release and has functioning GPS?

I have since removed it, gone back to 4.5 OS. I look forward to a GPS-enabled 5.0.

One thing about the memory issue: I had to remove a number of applications to get it to function, however, once I got it to the point where I had some availalble memory, my perception was that it performed better than 4.5 with the same amount of free application memory. I don't know what that means, or if it means anything.
    01-26-10 08:17 PM
    Anyone wanting to install this should definitely consider using shrink a OS before installing.

To all, this OS absolutely will not install on anything other than an 8330. If your Options, About screen does not show your device is a 8330, this OS will not load on your device. PERIOD.

01-26-10 08:34 PM
    Tried it a few days ago. I still cant get my browser to work. And the memory leak is getting to be pretty annoying. I may be back to 4.5 pretty soon.
    01-26-10 08:42 PM
    Installed the other day to my Verizon 8330.. Everything seems to work awesome except for one thing. Unfortunately, I got the infamous chirp while talking on the phone.. But It only happened once out of maybe 10 phone calls.

I'm keeping it installed. I don't know how I lives without threaded sms. Maybe I'll look into a hybrid but I rarely have an actual conversation nowadays anyways.
    01-26-10 09:05 PM
    I installed this the other day, on an 8330 (not M) from Bell Mobility. GPS does not work, and if you look on the Boost website, they don't advertise this handset as having GPS, despite many other handsets on offer which do show GPS as a feature.

There was another poster who said GPS wasn't working after the upgrade, I think also on Bell Mobility.

Is there anyone out there who has installed this release and has functioning GPS?

I have since removed it, gone back to 4.5 OS. I look forward to a GPS-enabled 5.0.

One thing about the memory issue: I had to remove a number of applications to get it to function, however, once I got it to the point where I had some availalble memory, my perception was that it performed better than 4.5 with the same amount of free application memory. I don't know what that means, or if it means anything.
    Yup, same here. Installed it last night, GPS doesn't work now. It worked with .230 however.
    01-26-10 10:28 PM
    I installed it friday, and I love it so ill put up with the memory leak issue I'm having. I tried the shrink OS, and installed only apps I'd use, and I still have to do a battery pull often :/

01-27-10 12:41 AM
    i love it save for the memory leak issue but thats something i can live with

omg i love threaded mms
    01-27-10 12:58 AM

I had tis on my phone earlier in the week and I couldnt get any GPS apps to work either...

I'm going to give it a try again and see if it was maybe a bad install.

I'm on Virgin canada which is bell...
    01-27-10 01:22 AM
    NO GPS = non functional OS for some.. including me.
    01-27-10 10:11 AM
    I wish I had an 8330, just to see WTF is causing that. There's got to be a solution. X, get on it man!

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-27-10 10:21 AM
    [QUOTE=BigBadWulf;4568878]I wish I had an 8330, just to see WTF is causing that. There's got to be a solution. X, get on it man!

I agree, I mean how can it work with one OS and not another. Has to be a missing code or something.
    01-27-10 11:53 AM
    Found something that may do the trick. I'll search more later. This is pretty techy, so beware.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-27-10 12:10 PM
    I might really mess something up if I try to do that. I don't like 5.0 enough to go through all that. .175 gives me solid functionality with zero problems. thanks though. If it was easier, like a executable file I could trust or something, I'd tryit, but messng with the firmware for me would most definitely result in a bricking.
    01-27-10 01:49 PM
    No problems at all besides the slow memory leak. I uninstalled any apps I don't use regularly and have to do a battery pull when the Mem get's to low. Besides that all is good and I'm waiting impatiently on the 9650!
    01-27-10 02:55 PM
    What are the new features in 5.0 over 4.5?
    01-27-10 05:34 PM
    Is anyone having a problem with quickpull or quickpull lite not working on the Boost 5.0, i've been having some problems?? i uninstalled it thinking that may have been the problem but it continued with the reinstall. Memory leak is bad and not sure why, deleted facebook, google mobile app and many others to try to alleviate the problem but with no results. The shrinked OS just seems to taxing for me to do, i guess i'll just wait it out!!
    01-27-10 10:51 PM
631 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD