Hi,
    I have a new Bold 9700.
    I use Vodafone RO as carrier.
    I have a BIS service and only this.
    I tryed to find out if i can use BIS for email and another service (like Mobile Internet) for browsing and other apps. Calling the carrier was a fiasco, different opinions, different ideeas.
    Can someone help me to explain a little about this? It si possible? What do i need?
    Thank you for your time.
    01-26-10 10:26 AM
    that's gooood ))
    01-27-10 12:48 PM
    bis service allows you to browse the internet...
    01-27-10 01:02 PM
    You will need a BIS to DL anything OTA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 01:11 PM
    BIS stands for "Blackberry Internet Service" so that's what you need to get email and internet connectivity. You'd have to register to the network for it to work:

Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/[hit menu key]/Register Now
    01-27-10 01:26 PM
    BIS stands for "Blackberry Internet Service" so that's what you need to get email and internet connectivity. You'd have to register to the network for it to work:

Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/[hit menu key]/Register Now
    +1

01-27-10 03:58 PM
    u got to register with ur carrier first
    01-27-10 04:04 PM
    I managed to use the 3G before the registration of my BB was requested because I had mobile internet.

To me, mobile internet & BIS go hand in hand. From my own limited experience a BIS registered phone let's you use push email & the BB app store. Surely you can't make use of BIS without MI?

Vodafone only charge a fiver for mobile internet, they will add it on quick enough

01-27-10 05:54 PM
    So you say i should try Mobile Internet also? So, how am i gonna configure the browser and other apps to go via Mobile Internet and not BIS? Thanks.
    01-31-10 02:35 AM
    azie i think you are getting a bit confused... BIS is the internet with a BB... everything runs through the BIS network/servers when using a BB, there is no way around that. Most applications (both native and 3rd party) use BIS connections. There is no setup required on the device, all you have to do is call your carrier and have them add whatever data package onto your account (for example i have the BIS data plan, that includes 6GBs of data).
    01-31-10 06:50 AM
    azie i think you are getting a bit confused... BIS is the internet with a BB... everything runs through the BIS network/servers when using a BB, there is no way around that. Most applications (both native and 3rd party) use BIS connections. There is no setup required on the device, all you have to do is call your carrier and have them add whatever data package onto your account (for example i have the BIS data plan, that includes 6GBs of data).
    Excuse my english, this is the problem )
    Yes, i was wondering if i can use a different service from BIS because in my country 5M of traffic is around 13 US dollars. 100M trafic is around 30 US dollars. )
    01-31-10 10:36 AM
    ya you need to have a BB data plan, no other data plan will work properly if at all
    01-31-10 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD