Below is an email from slacker support explaining the reason the sound quality sounds like someone beating a stick on a trash can with slacker on android.

even though the apps sucks i am really pleased with how fast and detailed they respond to my questions and even when i had a billing problem the support tech actually called me 5 min. after i sent an email so thumbs up for that.

read from bottom to top and i hope this clears up alot questions.

Response (Frank S.) 01/22/2010 08:48 AM
    We are still working with the Android OS team on this issue. The new Slacker Application will not address this at all, because the problem is not in the Application. The problem is a combo between the Codec that we use and the Android OS. Unfortunately this isn't a quick fix because all of our other Mobile Clients use the same Codec with no problems, so we are working with the Android OS team to see if they can resolve the problem on their end.
    Customer (Gary ******) 01/21/2010 05:44 PM
    Hello i came from a blackberry tour where this program was very well
    designed and works flawlessly. I purchased the one year service and now i
    have the sprint hero with android i am very upset that i can not even use
    this program. The sound quality is horrible and lags too bad to use. My main
    problem is the bass. I would love to know if there is an update some time in
    the near future. Thank you for your time
    01-26-10 05:54 AM
    Thats Odd. I had Slacker going all day at work yesterday and it sounded as good if not better than Pandora usually does. No complaints at all. (Also using a Sprint Hero)
    01-26-10 07:50 AM
    Yea my slacker is fine. Maybe your hero can't handle slacker. It works fine on my bt headphones it feels like I am there in concert.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 08:54 AM
    Yeah I had Slacker on my Bold 9000 and it sounds the same on my Nexus.

I have 5 custom stations that I created several years ago that I listen to everyday and they sound identical on both the Nexus and the Bold 9000. I can promise you I've listened to these five stations so many times I would notice ANY variations or differences.
    01-26-10 02:39 PM
    Below is an email from slacker support explaining the reason the sound quality sounds like someone beating a stick on a trash can with slacker on android.
    Hey, wait... since when is that bad? I LIKE the sound of beating a stick on a trash can. It's actually better on a plastic can, like the guys do down at Faneuil Hall... but I digress.
    01-26-10 05:52 PM
    Hey, wait... since when is that bad? I LIKE the sound of beating a stick on a trash can. It's actually better on a plastic can, like the guys do down at Faneuil Hall... but I digress.
    Pshh! It all depends on the stick. Metal stick with metal trash can is nice, but a plastic trash can with a wooden stick just can't be beat...
    01-27-10 12:32 AM
    Wow i find it hard to understand why no one else experiances the bad bass and quality. In the market theres hundreds of comments that describe the same problem.

Lucky you guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 01:00 AM
    MMMMMM, I haven't felt that smack......
    01-27-10 03:20 AM
    I have the same problem with Slacker on my Hero as well
    01-29-10 02:36 PM
    i didnt know that many Android users used the slacker system when Pandora is free and so flawless on the Android operating system.
    01-29-10 05:22 PM
    Slacker is free and flawless on the Android system, too.

Also has better sound quality, by a longshot.

I've used both and Pandora is seriously lacking in sound quality to the point I won't allow sound from that app to hit my ears. Pandora streaming sounds like a Slacker station cached on a BB SD card.
    01-30-10 03:56 PM
    Slacker is free and flawless on the Android system, too.

Also has better sound quality, by a longshot.

I've used both and Pandora is seriously lacking in sound quality to the point I won't allow sound from that app to hit my ears. Pandora streaming sounds like a Slacker station cached on a BB SD card.
    Good good good ba dia ba dia well, that is it...slacker kills comp!
    01-31-10 03:18 AM
    Slacker was terrible (distortion on any kind of bass) on both my Droid and Eris. Pandora is much better on the Eris, but still not as good as on my S1 I am ashamed to say...
    02-01-10 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD