Hi everybody!

I'm new here!

I've been reading some threads in this forum talking about "unreachable contacts" in Blackberry Messenger, while I was searching for some information related to that, because I'm experiencing this with a friend of mine...

It's a little bit frustrating, since it had never happened to me. Well, you should know I'm not an addict user of BBMessenger. I mean, it can have never happened to me....

So, I usually text with this person constantly for the last 3 weeks (the one which appears to be unreachable for me for the last 2 days). I text with other contacts but just little, maybe once a week or less... And tried yesterday with one of them and I could send him stuff.

And the one who's status is unreachable doesn't receive my text. The thing is that the icon of unreachable contact has only appeared once before, just when he had no coverage and so... And now he is constantly unreachable!

So I throw my questions and hope you can help me, please!

-Is it possible that he had turned the BBData off the day he became unreachable and the status hasn't updated? I haven't tried to resend my messages, since we talked by other ways...

-How can I get a solution?

-Do you know where's the cause of that?

HEEEEELP, PLEEEEEASE...

How can this be caused?
    01-26-10 04:59 AM
    It could be that they have shut off the data, or they could have delted you and it was a glitch and they didn't remove off your bbm and if you send them a message it will show unreachable.
    01-26-10 05:31 AM
    I don't understand it clearly... How can I be removed if I can see the contact? Sorry but I'm not English native and don't know the meaning of "glitch". The thing is that it happened after a long period I didn't respond him a message... When a tried, I couldn't and then appeared the unreachable status...

Thanks for your quick response! But would appreciate if you could explain it to me in a way I could understand it better, especially this: "it was a glitch and they didn't remove off your bbm and if you send them a message it will show unreachable".

THANKS!
    01-26-10 05:37 AM
    Glitch is a short-lived fault in a system. The term is particularly common in the computing and electronics industries, and in circuit bending, as well as among players of video games, although it is applied to all types of systems including human organizations and nature. The term derives from the German glitschig, meaning 'slippery', possibly entering English through the Yiddish term glitsh. Normally, a glitch occurs once, but can also occur multiple times in a particular software.

He could have deleted you on his device and for some reason it didn't happem on your and he is still in your contact list.
    Last edited by Threefive; 01-26-10 at 05:43 AM.
    01-26-10 05:40 AM
    Thank you so much. Now I understand it well better! Do you thing I should try to send something through BBIMessenger to this contact and see if it works? I haven't tried it yet...
    01-26-10 05:45 AM
    Do you have another way to talk to him? If so I would try that way and if it works and he still has BBM and Data, maybe you need to delte him and then readd him to see if that works.
    01-26-10 05:49 AM
    Nicely defined 35! I don't think a delete on one end, results in a contact list removal on the other. He could also have gotten behind on his bill, and not have data right now. I have few contacts I can't reach by more than one means, especially the ones I talk to frequently. You said English isn't your native language. It's also possible he's traveled where there is no data, or where he's at the data is down.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 05:50 AM
    Nicely defined 35! I don't think a delete on one end, results in a contact list removal on the other. He could also have gotten behind on his bill, and not have data right now. I have few contacts I can't reach by more than one means, especially the ones I talk to frequently. You said English isn't your native language. It's also possible he's traveled where there is no data, or where he's at the data is down.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Good call Professor, I didn't think of that!!!

01-26-10 05:53 AM
    Probably I'm a bit blind and I don't wanna see reality... Hehehehe! The thing is we know each other for 7 years but just a little. And ending the 2009 we reached each other again... We are knowing each other since then, talking everyday and so on. For sure, we have other ways to talk but I'm not the typical girl who likes being bore or pain, so I waited for my messages to be sent and that didn't happen and now I didn't know what to do... He was the last to say something and now I should do something and don't know what to do if I don't know exactly what's going on with our BBs... So complicated... Hahahaha!
    01-26-10 05:57 AM
    Maybe he is wondering the same thing!! Copy his pin and try to readd him after you delete him.
    01-26-10 05:59 AM
    Sorry? Don't understand what's a good call in BigBadWulf post... I don't think he has no data connection...
    01-26-10 06:00 AM
    ARGHHHHHH! Do you think so? Could I appear unreachable too to him? I'll send him an e-mail and let's see if I have response, although he's so stuck with work and BBM was such a great solution to talk rapidly and with quick and instant responses...

Then everything will have an answer... Need boy's advice...! haha!
    01-26-10 06:06 AM
    Let me know the out come and check your PM.
    01-26-10 06:43 AM
    Hi! Sorry, I don't understand what you want or suggest me to do...!

01-26-10 08:09 AM
    Does he receive his emails via PC at work? Surely if he does, and has wanted to talk, he'll respond as soon as possible.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-26-10 09:00 AM
    Definetely not; he receives them through his BB device... I'll have to wait, there's no other way! So let's trust in his response, I've already sent him the e-mail... Nervous!

Ouch, guys... You're definetely more complicated than us, woman... Hehehehe! Or not, that's it!
    01-26-10 09:17 AM
    If his data is down, the email won't work any better then. Can you text him?

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

01-26-10 09:23 AM
    I can text him, yes. But I'll wait a little bit, because I don't like being such desperate and pain to anybody... Hehehehe! The thing is he's very busy these days, working almost 16 hours a day, sometimes moving to another city in the country without having it planned... So I'll give him time to check it and if I receive no response, I'll try other ways. Don't want him to shock seeing an e-mail and an sms and all this stuff toguether... If I were him, I would panic. Hahaha!
    01-26-10 09:32 AM
    BTW, thank your for the ideas... You guys are total experts in BB, aren't you? In the US it is more common to have this kind of device. I'm from Europe, Spain, and for the last two years the popularity of smartphones is increasing... The proof of smartphones phenom being so new is that I couldn't find anywhere discussions like these ones in Spanish.
    01-26-10 09:37 AM
    Eh, we know a little. I'm surprised they aren't more prevalent. When I was in Italy 12 years ago, cellphones were everywhere, and I was !

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-26-10 10:29 AM
    Cells are everywhere, you're right. New generations are trying to stay in touch with technology here in Spain. But smartphones are something different than just cellphones... They are now on the top, but they weren't 2 or 3 years ago... Maybe that started before in the US.

Still waiting for a response. I'm going crazy. Thank God I'm working all day long in a bit stressful rythm... I'm very impatient...

No way, if I get no response, then I'll do anything, the same and be strict... As I were the first days... He'll know once again what's about making an effort for a girl, hahahaha!
    01-26-10 10:42 AM
    I've got another contact with whom I can't neither talk through BBMessenger that appears "unreachable" constantly. When I write him, he turns into "unreachable" for a long time (minutes) and he's told me it has happened him these days. So it might be happening the same, but as I've tried to talk to him more (he's just a friend, so I can't be bore or pain, hehehe), I experience changes in his status, although his practically permanently in unreachable status... WHAT'S GOING OOOOOON?
    01-26-10 11:40 AM
    I just want to chime in real quick. My wife and I are have the same problem. A few days ago she showed up as unreachable on my contact list. Emails, sms and phone calls went to her no problem but any BBMs failed. Deleting and re-adding each other as contacts, along with battery pulls did not solve the problem. We live in the states, we live together (obviously) and have the same model phone running the same OS.

She has since deleted BBM and will be reinstalling today or tomorrow. I did not try re-sending the service books but I will update on the reinstall success. A quick internet search shows that a number of people are having similar problems but I haven't searched thoroughly enough to find anything definitive as far as cause or a more simple solution.

01-29-10 05:25 AM
    I have exactly the same problem. My wife has the same phone, the same plan and she is sitting next to me. She got mad at me for not answering her ping, so I tried pinging her. Both of us get the "unreachable". It worked fine yesterday, SMS, phone and email are fine. I'm curious as to what to try in order to make this service work again
    02-11-10 06:30 PM
    My boyfriend and I are having a similar problem - his phone (for the past three weeks or so) has had that 'unreachable' (like he's talking?) symbol on his bbm and its driving me crazy.. He's taken out his sim card and battery and it still doesn't work. We both aren't very phone savvy, so I wondered if anyone has a solution to this problem? If he shut off the data (which seems like the best possibility), does anyone know how to turn it back on?
    Thanks!
    08-13-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD