What is the best skin for the 9700 that works with a cradle without having to take anything off? (or do they all work with a charger?)

Being in Vancouver, I also need something that protects reasonably well against rain/moisture. I would like to stick with a skin though.
    01-25-10 09:28 PM
    I'm waiting for the postman to deliver my Otter Commuter Case so will soon know the answer to this question...

Can the 9700 cradle be used with the above mentioned case in situ?

How do you manage to square the circle of cradle & case???
    01-26-10 01:46 AM
    I have the OtterBox Commuter, you will need to take it out of the case to put it in the cradle. I ended up buying a Monaco Aluminum case for my 9700, I prefer Monaco cases since the also protect the screen. I have to remove it from the Monaco case as well to put it in the cradle.

Or you can leave it in either of those cases and plug it in.
    01-26-10 01:59 AM
    it's pretty much common sense.

now you tell me what skins or cases can just fit into this without taking it off or detaching a bottom portion of it:

none.
    01-26-10 03:30 AM
    I don't have one, but Bettermost posted about a Seidio case that when used with the Seidio cradle, can remain in place. Sorry, I don't have further details.

***I think this is the case he may meant. Looks like two pieces so you could use the Blackberry charging pod without removing the whole thing, just the bottom.
    Like I said, I don't have it. My 9700 goes nekkid.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JbEgxHyC
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 01-26-10 at 07:01 AM.
    01-26-10 05:36 AM
    I am actually talking more about body skins like invisibleshield or bse. I am assuming they can be used with a cradle, since it is just a film right?

I am stupid, but not that stupid.
    Last edited by NelgC; 01-28-10 at 02:30 AM.
    01-28-10 02:28 AM
    I am actually talking more about body skins like invisibleshield or bse. I am assuming they can be used with a cradle, since it is just a film right?

Yes, you can. They're sort of barely there. I recommend Invisible Shield for what you're looking for. These film-types will get ratty pretty easily and you'll most likely want to replace them. Invisible Shield will replace them for free (you only pay a few bux for shipping). Good bang for the buck.

If you are looking for something to take your 9700 "out" in, there are a ton of others you can easily slip on to give some shock resistance.
    01-28-10 02:49 AM

oh, well in that case

i'm using the case-mate Clear Armor and it fits fine. granted I didn't put any of the pieces on for the matte-black parts, but the chrome parts are covered and i don't have any problems.
    01-28-10 06:08 AM

allrightythen. lovely. cheers.
    01-28-10 02:28 PM
    yeah from what i've heard and seen on the forums, the seidio charge dock works with seidio innocase II w/out taking the case off... the oem dock will not work with any "case" skins i'm not to sure, but the seidio charging dock has mixed reviews
    01-28-10 04:22 PM
    The seidio innocase ll case works great with the seidio charger. I highly recommend it.
    That's what I use and I have zero issues. Drop your phone in the craddle and don't worry.

However, The dock alone (without the case) is not so good. When u drop a naked 9700 in the craddle, u may have to adjust to make sure the contacts meet.

But buy the Case/pod combo, you won't regret it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD