So I have been without my Storm for a long time now, and I was just notified that warranty doesn't cover what happened to it, even though it was a hardware issue.

So, even though my device cannot be replaced, due to all the hassle Telus gave me, they've granted me 6 months of free service. That means no $65.00 bills for half a year, and that's why I'm sticking with them.

So I want to know if this will be a good device for me. This is all I use my blackberry for:

- Facebook
    - Calling
    - BBM
    - SMS
    - Limited Web Browsing

Is there any faults with this device? What are the benefits? Is it easy to use? Built well? Feel free to be a fan-boy.

My Storm:

The knick in the corner voided warranty but had nothing to do with the device dying.
    01-25-10 12:58 PM
    This is a solid device! The only issue I have ever had is because of Vcast videos, they froze my phone while playing them! But Verizon happily took it off! This phone is fast has a ton of memory, you will not regret it! This is also after a month. Just get a case and screen protectors and you will be set. You said your Telus, is that canadian? If so do you purchase 3 year contracts? That's crazy I by far prefer the american system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 01:25 PM
    This is a solid device! The only issue I have ever had is because of Vcast videos, they froze my phone while playing them! But Verizon happily took it off! This phone is fast has a ton of memory, you will not regret it! This is also after a month. Just get a case and screen protectors and you will be set. You said your Telus, is that canadian? If so do you purchase 3 year contracts? That's crazy I by far prefer the american system.

Yep, I'm Canadian and yes, I did have a three year contract, which was a stupid decision. What's the American system?
    01-25-10 01:37 PM
    2 years is the standard but I fear 3 yrs are on the way....
    01-25-10 01:43 PM
    ...and the curve is lighter smaller device but has a lot of bang for the buck.
    01-25-10 01:43 PM
    Are there any major glitches with this like there was with the Storm? How is the keyboard? is it easy to use and solid? Do the buttons move much side to side?
    01-25-10 01:49 PM
    I love the curve form factor...screen res is less then that of the tour and especially the storm.
    It doesn't have charging contacts for use with a charging pod.
    01-25-10 01:56 PM
    I came from a pearl flip and I love this phone very much. I think the only drawback I can think of is depending on your finger size, the keyboard may be small. I don't know from experience because I have very small hands and fingers. I love the memory. All in all it's a great little phone. It's not as high-resolution as the Tour or the Storm, but that isn't something I need. I think it is a very solid device.
    01-25-10 02:06 PM
    It's an absolutely solid device; (8530) I like it a lot more then the Tour despite the Tour's nice keyboard. Check it out!!!
    01-25-10 02:17 PM
    The Gemini suits me perfectly. I use about 2000 mins/mo airtime, about 1200 texts monthly and heavy internet. The phone is solid. I have had a pearl, an 8310 and now an 8520. The trackpad > ball (IMO)

I think you will like it. Get a case and some InvisiShield to help protect it.

01-25-10 04:12 PM
    I've been thinking about getting an 8520, too. It'd be my first BB. I noticed that it doesnt support HSDPA and I was planning on using the internet quite a bit ( surfing, facebook, internet radio). Is the internet much slower than on devices with HSDPA (like the bold 9700)?
    01-26-10 08:28 AM
    Just got the curve for my wife and she loves it. I have a tour and its great. just wish the curve had a flash on the camera, other then that its a great phone for the price
    01-26-10 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD