Can someone point me a good OS 5 for the curve 8330. I am running on a cdma network so if that makes a difference.

thanks
    01-25-10 10:01 AM
    01-25-10 10:07 AM
    So I download the boost mobile software update and ran .exe file, but I don't know where it put the software and to delete vendor.xml file.

Anyone
    01-25-10 12:13 PM
    try c:> program files> common files> reasearch in motion> apploader.
    01-25-10 12:45 PM
    try c:> program files> common files> reasearch in motion> apploader.
    The vendor.xml file is there. Delete it then run the Loader which is also there. it should have a picture of a phone as its icon.
    01-25-10 12:53 PM
    can anyone run 5.0 even if they are not on the boost network?
    01-25-10 06:36 PM
    can anyone run 5.0 even if they are not on the boost network?
    Yeah, if you have an 8330 (wont work on 8330m). Just delete the vendor.xml file
    01-25-10 06:38 PM
    Loaded it yesterday it is a little bigger than .175 but seems to work well. I also loaded the oem precision theme so you can run the new themes but there is not many out there yet... see my sig for directions to load from a another poster.
    01-25-10 07:10 PM
    If you find that you are too low on memory (many have reported this as an issue) this will help.

How To Shrink-A-OS

Shrink-A-OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 08:57 PM
    I've not had luck using Shrink-A-OS. The hybrids that are released by Nathanix are great; the OS comes preshrunk and you can add the programs you'd like before loading on the phone (much easier than using BBSAK).

http://www.nathanix.com/

Nathanix 8330 5.0.0.438 Hybrid V1.0

The second link takes you to the hybrid forum; in the first post are some great tutorials if you're new to loading the OS/hybrids, as well as a link to the hybrid download. I've had much, much better performance running the hybrids versus running the stock .230 and .438 OSs.
    01-26-10 12:18 PM
    I loaded the Boost mobile OS and it loaded fine, but I noticed it being flaky in the visual department like when I would hit a button (OK, Cancel etc), there be a white ghosting and when I went into the calendar, the items up top on month view (like to see what day it was, and to change days) were missing so I downgraded.

Anyone know if that is an issue?
    01-27-10 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD