When you Tether the BB on a PC that already has an internet connection, the Tether (once active) stops the other connection completely.

Is it possible to have it so that the Tether is active and the other connection is too?

In theory it should be possible since the connections are running via two seperate interfaces.

Anyone have any answers?
    01-25-10 07:31 AM
    They can both be active but the one that was active first will be the one that is used. You can't run a setup like that unless you on a server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 08:05 AM
    They can both be active but the one that was active first will be the one that is used. You can't run a setup like that unless you on a server.

Im on a LAN and whenever I plug in the BB and tether, the tethered connection over-rides the LAN.

What service needs to be ran on a server to accomplish the machine running in dual-network mode?
    01-25-10 09:01 AM
    In Windows, there is a list that determines which network connection gets priority for network services. Perhaps you have the Modem set above the LAN connection?
    01-25-10 09:30 AM
    Tethering is for when you can't get a connection other wise. Not sure why you would want or need both.
    01-25-10 09:33 AM
    Both because:

LAN - access to all company docs, info, shares etc.

BB - access to restricted stuff.
    01-26-10 02:24 AM
    Both because:

LAN - access to all company docs, info, shares etc.

BB - access to restricted stuff.
    you can only prioritize your networks. there is no option to have both, because it's not a feature that is needed 99.9% of the time. the system can detect when a connection is not working and use the other one, but it has no reason to use two at the same time (and I imagine it would cause a great deal of issues because how would it determine which network gets what data?)
    01-26-10 03:02 AM
    I'm assuming tethering means connecting your BlackBerry to a laptop & browsing. How do I do this?

01-26-10 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD