In the past few years I have moved from an old Audiovox 8910 to a Chocolate 2 to the Storm.

That Audiovox was bullet proof. I could drop, throw and bang on that thing and it just kept going. My Chocolate 2 was great til I got my Storm.... took it into a VZW agent store to have my contacts transferred and the stupid gal stuck the plug in upside down, forced it and ruined my USB/charge port. VZW gave me a new (well, refurb) one and we are still using it...passed from my wife to my 19 yr old and now to my 11 yr old. Still works great.

Neither the Vox for the Choc 2 EVER dropped a call....EVER. This dang Storm drops call left and right. I am reading about alot of the other BBs dropping calls as well.

I love the email and internet capabilities of the Blackberry, but as soon as I can, I think I will be dropping the Storm for the Eris.... or maybe go back to a regular "dumb" phone.... too bad RIM cannot build a quality product...
    01-24-10 11:58 PM
    well the storm has problems, no doubt, but I didn't think dropping calls was one of them. You sure you don't have an iPhone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 09:53 AM
    If you go to the Eris, I can pretty much guarantee that you will be back on a BB within a few weeks. The Eris is no match for a BB, and what you are used to. Subpar battery life, the lack of true push email for more than one account, weird device settings that are over ridden by 3rd party apps, the list goes on.
    01-25-10 09:57 AM
    If you go to the Eris, I can pretty much guarantee that you will be back on a BB within a few weeks. The Eris is no match for a BB, and what you are used to. Subpar battery life, the lack of true push email for more than one account, weird device settings that are over ridden by 3rd party apps, the list goes on.
    You can guarantee that? His claims are erroneous. Get an Eris, you'll like it.

01-25-10 10:52 AM
    Yea I've had storm for over a year now and can't remember once dropping a call

01-25-10 11:53 AM
    Well I can tell you that I have lived in same house thru the three phones I mentioned. Only the Storm has dropped calls. I have noticed that when it does drop a call and I look at the signal meter the signal is good but it shows the arrows like the phone is communicating with data then an email pops up. I just wonder if something is screwed up allowing data to knock me off voice?

I was looking around Crackberry and also found Tour owners complaining of dropped calls.

Now with all that said I can say aside from dust under the screen I have nor had ANY other problem with my Storm. First one, bought in Feb '09, was perfect until I went to Orlando for vacation in July. Had a lot of dust under the screen but the screen started turning unresponsive if out in the heat n humidity for long. Once back in AC the phone would work perfect.

As soon as I returned home to Ky I called and had a new one sent out. Got the new one on a Friday and went to my inlaws to visit back home in IN. Spent entire weekend trying on several computers to get one to recognize the new Storm. No luck. A new one (third one and present one) arrived Tuesday and aside from dust under the screen has been flawless. Aside from dropped calls.

I really like the Storm. I might give a Storm 2 a shot before givng up on them....to be honest even though I am ******** I really am addicted to the damn thing! LOL
    01-25-10 12:09 PM
    You can guarantee that? His claims are erroneous. Get an Eris, you'll like it.

Erroneous? Experience. Wife had the Eris. Battery life was terrible, with wifi/BT/GPS turned off, still couldn't get a day of moderate usage without a charge. Only one email account on the Eris is push, the rest can be set to pull at a given interval. Not like the BlackBerry.
    01-25-10 12:19 PM
    Get a Droid instead, that's what I did. Solid phone!

01-25-10 12:27 PM
    Get a Storm2. End of story!!!!
    01-25-10 01:26 PM
    This is teh lulz right here!

Subpar battery life is something that can be said about ANY smartphone on the market...They give you this feature here * ---> it takes juice to run it.

As for the push er, whatever you tried to say, you're wrong!
    You can setup your gmail account with ANY other email provider via
    their handy POP3 sync....All email from all different accounts show up as a
    "label" and can be configured to whatever you like.

Can you quantify what are these uh, Weird settings you speak of?

The fact is these Droid phones were designed to multi-task from the ground up....My Moto Droid is lightning quick. The Eris is somewhat slower but is still light years ahead of a BB. The software keyboard is even better.

When I am streaming live radio, and I get an alert?
    The alert sounds, my radio stream does NOT stop playing...
    Can your phone do that? lol?

Flash much?
    Yeah.
    01-25-10 03:25 PM
    Get a Droid instead, that's what I did. Solid phone!

Werd.

Buying a BB Storm II is like hoping and praying
    to baby Jeebus that a Ford Festiva II would be better than a Ford Festiva.
    Pro Tip: there is no baby Jesus (except for the little bugger in my wallet I got while carving this
    mexican bread after Christmas!)

If these were cars...then a BB Storm II would be a Fred Flinstone mobile
    while the Moto Droid would be a 2010 Cadillac CTS-V.

Powerful yet comfortable.
    Smooth and Debonair
    Multi-Tasking machine.
    Fast yet stable.
    Efficient...

I finally have a smart phone that works like it should.
    No fricking battery pulls
    No silly voodoo chants to make.
    I don't have to check how many apps I've down loaded
    (to ascertain where the memory leak is or why my phone lags/slows to a crawl)

Even after I:
    -properly shrunk the OS
    -wiped the entire phone using apps like CMD JLoader
    -made a backup after isolating memory leaking apps...
    -played 60 minutes configuring and deleting which apps to delete via crackmem...
    -got my memory to 50MB (pre-app installations)

The phone still sucked!
    The boring OS, the cheesy and repetitive interface (black background on electric "Computer Blue" highlights...
    The Click Screen of ****!

Ah, life after BB is so good.
    Last edited by SilvioBenussi; 01-25-10 at 03:38 PM.
    01-25-10 03:31 PM
    is up to the storm...some of them suckz..some of them is good
    01-25-10 04:04 PM
    Werd.

Buying a BB Storm II is like hoping and praying
    to baby Jeebus that a Ford Festiva II would be better than a Ford Festiva.
    Pro Tip: there is no baby Jesus (except for the little bugger in my wallet I got while carving this
    mexican bread after Christmas!)

If these were cars...then a BB Storm II would be a Fred Flinstone mobile
    while the Moto Droid would be a 2010 Cadillac CTS-V.

Powerful yet comfortable.
    Smooth and Debonair
    Multi-Tasking machine.
    Fast yet stable.
    Efficient...

I finally have a smart phone that works like it should.
    No fricking battery pulls
    No silly voodoo chants to make.
    I don't have to check how many apps I've down loaded
    (to ascertain where the memory leak is or why my phone lags/slows to a crawl)

Even after I:
    -properly shrunk the OS
    -wiped the entire phone using apps like CMD JLoader
    -made a backup after isolating memory leaking apps...
    -played 60 minutes configuring and deleting which apps to delete via crackmem...
    -got my memory to 50MB (pre-app installations)

The phone still sucked!
    The boring OS, the cheesy and repetitive interface (black background on electric "Computer Blue" highlights...
    The Click Screen of ****!

Ah, life after BB is so good.
    Sorry, disagree!
    01-25-10 04:10 PM
    I have never had 1 dropped call with my storm. I must say I am very happy with it, but...

To each his own.
    01-25-10 04:12 PM
    Sorry, disagree!
    O.k. then, disagree

The more I think about my experience (with my Storm)
    the more I loathe that over-hyped and under deliverying
    piece of craptastic pile of worthless dung!

Which part do you disagree with?

I finally had the phone working right.
    Realising the phone is much like a computer early on (I bought on launch day)
    I always made sure to clear cache, reset when prudent, and did not even have more than 10 apps installed in any given period.

Towards the end that phone dies...an FRU replacement was given
    (3rd Storm total)

One piece buttons, the screen clicked pretty well and I was able to
    boot to 50MB after doing the usual...

Even after all of this...
    The Phone still sucked vast amounts of donkey kong.

Why?

It was still a BB Storm.
    It's like having a friend that is very excited to drop in a $10,000 japanese engine into a 1991 Honda Civic, gut the interior, put a huge Twin Turbo kit with a huge *** intercooler, pushing 30LBS of boost with 14 inch rims and Crazy-arse stickers that read ACURA TYPE R and a wing that a 747 would be jealous of!!!

A POS is still......

a pos.
    01-25-10 04:20 PM
    This is teh lulz right here!

Subpar battery life is something that can be said about ANY smartphone on the market...They give you this feature here * ---> it takes juice to run it.

As for the push er, whatever you tried to say, you're wrong!
    You can setup your gmail account with ANY other email provider via
    their handy POP3 sync....All email from all different accounts show up as a
    "label" and can be configured to whatever you like.

Can you quantify what are these uh, Weird settings you speak of?

The fact is these Droid phones were designed to multi-task from the ground up....My Moto Droid is lightning quick. The Eris is somewhat slower but is still light years ahead of a BB. The software keyboard is even better.

When I am streaming live radio, and I get an alert?
    The alert sounds, my radio stream does NOT stop playing...
    Can your phone do that? lol?

Flash much?
    Yeah.
    Your Droid, and the Eris, are two different machines. The Droid does have push email, while the Eris only has one push account, like some Windows Mobile phones. Please research before you post. Thanks.
    01-25-10 04:21 PM
    Your Droid, and the Eris, are two different machines. The Droid does have push email, while the Eris only has one push account, like some Windows Mobile phones. Please research before you post. Thanks.
    I will try again and give you time to clean your glasses...

Once upon a time the HTC Droid Eris was a phone, an android based phone...
    (Still with me?)

Once you have set up your gmail account
    (the account that links you to your phone and ties everything together)

You can go online to your gmail account and click settings.
    There in the midst of all of the confusion is a section...

This mysterious section that has eluded you for much of this thread onward (moving forward) is entitled, "Accounts and Import."

Clicking this link rewards those who dare traverse the road less traveled a wealth of knowledge and reading comprehension.

Now, I don't want to give away any spoilers herein...
    Just try to imagine what happens (upon clicking Accounts and Import)

It may be possible to link your other email accounts to your gmail, and have gmail fetch them for you
    (time intervals are not needed....because they are........shhhhhhh (whispers: pushed)

The end.
    Last edited by SilvioBenussi; 01-25-10 at 04:29 PM.
    01-25-10 04:26 PM
    I am just curious why a Droid fanboy is on a BlackBerry website?
    01-25-10 04:49 PM
    01-25-10 04:52 PM
    O.k. then, disagree

The more I think about my experience (with my Storm)
    the more I loathe that over-hyped and under deliverying
    piece of craptastic pile of worthless dung!

Which part do you disagree with?

I finally had the phone working right.
    Realising the phone is much like a computer early on (I bought on launch day)
    I always made sure to clear cache, reset when prudent, and did not even have more than 10 apps installed in any given period.

Towards the end that phone dies...an FRU replacement was given
    (3rd Storm total)

One piece buttons, the screen clicked pretty well and I was able to
    boot to 50MB after doing the usual...

Even after all of this...
    The Phone still sucked vast amounts of donkey kong.

Why?

It was still a BB Storm.
    It's like having a friend that is very excited to drop in a $10,000 japanese engine into a 1991 Honda Civic, gut the interior, put a huge Twin Turbo kit with a huge *** intercooler, pushing 30LBS of boost with 14 inch rims and Crazy-arse stickers that read ACURA TYPE R and a wing that a 747 would be jealous of!!!

A POS is still......

a pos.
    If you are talking about the storm1 still disagree! Storm2 app memory stays over 100mb. What you are talking about is very common with the s1, NOT the s2. I repeat NOT the s2. And I use the #$#@ out of it.
    01-25-10 06:02 PM
    I have had dropped calls for no apparent reason and when I try to call back it usually gives me a call failed message. it is uncommon but still annoying as usually I cannot call back immediately.

01-25-10 07:21 PM
    I have had dropped calls for no apparent reason and when I try to call back it usually gives me a call failed message. it is uncommon but still annoying as usually I cannot call back immediately.

Again, I had a 9530 for over a year and never had a problem with drooped calls... now I'm curious. What city are you in? Maybe its a network issue.

01-25-10 08:34 PM
    Yea I've had storm for over a year now and can't remember once dropping a call

I've had the Storm for 14 months and never had a dropped call except when talking to my mother with her weird-*** VOIP service.
    01-25-10 08:44 PM
    I will try again and give you time to clean your glasses...

Once upon a time the HTC Droid Eris was a phone, an android based phone...
    (Still with me?)

Once you have set up your gmail account
    (the account that links you to your phone and ties everything together)

You can go online to your gmail account and click settings.
    There in the midst of all of the confusion is a section...

This mysterious section that has eluded you for much of this thread onward (moving forward) is entitled, "Accounts and Import."

Clicking this link rewards those who dare traverse the road less traveled a wealth of knowledge and reading comprehension.

Now, I don't want to give away any spoilers herein...
    Just try to imagine what happens (upon clicking Accounts and Import)

It may be possible to link your other email accounts to your gmail, and have gmail fetch them for you
    (time intervals are not needed....because they are........shhhhhhh (whispers: pushed)

The end.
    You just rocked my world. I had never ventured into that tab, and now I've linked my school account and another gmail account into my primary inbox. Thank you.

I do have a question though. When I linked my school account as a pop account, it shows up as a label with a list of how many email are in there in parenthesis. It looks like another inbox labeled "school" and is very "official looking". This is awesome.

But when I set up an alternate gmail account, there is no such label. Essentially it just looks like I'm fowarding email from my other account, and I had to add the label "work". It still doesn't show how many emails are in that label, and I don't see much seperation from my primary account.

Is there a way to set up my alternate gmail "work" like my pop "school" account? Thanks again. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Hot damn! I figured it out! Set it up as a pop3 account, worked like a charm! This is awesome!
    Last edited by DrewCSchultz; 01-25-10 at 11:01 PM.
    01-25-10 10:40 PM
    Again, I had a 9530 for over a year and never had a problem with drooped calls... now I'm curious. What city are you in? Maybe its a network issue.

It has been quite awhile since it has done it. I used to travel between the city and a rural area and it wasn't a daily occurence, just once in awhile. I would say though that I haven't had it happen in at least 3 months.
    01-26-10 12:16 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD