As of tomorrow, I will be a new Storm 2 user. I currently have a curve. I wanted something different. VZ is offering the Palm soon (forgive me for saying that)... but my corporate IT dept will not sync up the exchange with anything but blackberry or windows mobile OS. So, I purchased the storm 2 (and hoping it works ok).

What are MUST HAVE apps? and... what other apps are great for making the storm unique as compared to the curve?
    01-24-10 10:44 PM
    QuickLaunch is a must. I also use BerryJoose and QuickPull.
    01-25-10 07:22 AM
    Agreed. QuickLaunch and QuickPull are definites. Also like Poynt and/or Where.
    01-25-10 07:24 AM
    You may want to post this question in the Storm 2 section. But I agree, quickLaunch is a great app. I removed quickpull after buying QuickLaunch. QuickLaunch will do reboots.
    01-25-10 08:17 AM
    Does QuickLaunch schedule reboots? That's what I like about QuickPull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 08:11 AM
    Does QuickLaunch schedule reboots? That's what I like about QuickPull

Yes. You can schedule reboots with QuickLaunch.
    01-27-10 08:25 AM
    MeterBerry is a handy app too, also schedules reboots. Hm, Ubertwitter, Poynt, Opera 5 beta 2. Those are my essential third party apps anyways.

01-27-10 09:00 AM
    Pandora Radio. Google Maps. Meterberry. Beejive. Poynt. Call time tracker. Movies by Flixter.

01-27-10 09:30 AM
    quickpull, poynt, score mobile, OPERA MINI 5 IS A MUST.
    01-27-10 11:01 AM
    Most of the good apps have been mentioned, I do like ViiGo and think that is a great app. On the Storm 1 I use it less because of the memory leaks but on the Storm 2 that should not be an issue.

Also ProOnGo is really good.
    If you like to read on your phone, since you have more screen real-estate MobiPocket/B&N Reader

Some of the pay apps
    PodTrapper, QuickLauncher, and RepliGo (a must if you read PDF on your phone)
    01-27-10 12:00 PM
    Moving to S2 Forum
    01-27-10 01:40 PM
    Quick Launch, Poynt, Yelp, MeterBerry, BerryJoose, BerryBuzz, Google Maps
    01-27-10 02:07 PM
    Definitley QuickPull. That's the first thing I got when I got my S1 & 2. Also, for listening to music, I prefer Slacker to Pandora. I also have Nobex Radio Companion for listening to out of state radio stations (I'm a Boston fan stuck in Jersey, so it comes in VERY handy!)

For fun and security I would also recommend BerrySlider, as well as SimpleWeather.
    01-27-10 03:08 PM
    My favorite and most used apps are QuickLaunch, BeBuzz, Poynt, SlackerRadio, and ScoreMobile. I love OperaMini for my browser too.

How do you do this? I know you can reboot from QuickLaunch, but I haven't found anywhere that you can schedule reboots.

Thanks.
    01-27-10 03:20 PM
    I got quicklaunch... but I can't figure out how to schedule reboots. I have been through the menu, searched the software site, and can't find it. Can you shed some light? I had quickpull on my old curve, but the functionality of quicklaunch along with scheduling reboots pushed me over the edge.

Also... when i hit the reboot... it asks me if I want to reset my device. Is this just asking about doing a soft-reset? Or is this going to wipe my device?
    01-27-10 04:22 PM
    Also... when i hit the reboot... it asks me if I want to reset my device. Is this just asking about doing a soft-reset? Or is this going to wipe my device?
    Yes, resetting the device will only simulate a battery pull, it will not wipe it.

I would also like to know how to schedule resets with QL, I haven't found a way either.
    01-27-10 06:21 PM
    I'm not sure quicklaunch does scheduled resets. At least not that I have seen.
    01-27-10 06:50 PM
    I'm not sure quicklaunch does scheduled resets. At least not that I have seen.
    I didn't think so. I tried looking through the options. A poster in this thread said it could be done, but I don't think so either.
    01-27-10 07:48 PM
    RIM IM Apps or BeeJive, whichever your poison. Google Maps, Facebook, BerryBlab, Viigo (Replaces so many specialty apps), foursquare if you're into that, edocrab for barcode scanning, Mobile Tracker (I <3 this app) for VZW minutes and bill updates, SpoofAPP I JUST downloaded and looks wonderful so far. I'd suggest Slacker Radio over Pandora for a few reasons as well.

As for games I'm wanting to get my hands on Lexolous and Drug Lord.
    01-27-10 08:56 PM
    Thanks guys! Keep'em comin!
    01-27-10 09:18 PM
    Must haves for me are AP News, BerryWeather, Flixster, Pandora, Quicklaunch, Pocket Informant, Compass, VZ Navigator. Enabling GPS was one of the best choices, also - allows great apps like VZN and Flix and Compass to work.

01-30-10 01:43 AM
    Pandora Radio. Google Maps. Meterberry. Beejive. Poynt. Call time tracker. Movies by Flixter.

You don't get lag while typing while using Beejive? I did. And then I stopped using it because it cause my typing engine to to all wacky I miss beejive but hey.

01-30-10 05:39 AM
    There were times of lag. But mainly because I was doing something that ate up processing time

01-30-10 06:23 AM
    Meters as an alternative to Meterberry.

01-30-10 06:52 AM
    along with most of the other peeps , but 1 I use often is memory boost .After I have been stormin it can feel sluggish so a quick Memory boost and all is well . If you hook it up to your email make sure you have your spam filter and create custom filter words so all teh spam doesnt get through .
    01-30-10 09:22 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD