I am due for an upgrade and I really would like to get the Tour2 but seeing how no one knows when that will be released I think I will go with the Storm2 or Tour1. Which is better???

PS: Question on the Tour2.. why in the world would rim not use the rubber side keys? It seems like they were making a trend to switch over and I personally think it looks much better than the silver. I mean, the Storm had the silver keys and then they switched the Storm2 to rubber.. come on RIM release the Tour2 already!!!!
    01-24-10 02:10 PM
    it really shouldnt be much longer for the tour 2 but if your choosing between the storm 2 and tour 1 I would take the storm 2
    01-24-10 02:30 PM
    Other than wifi and trackpad.. really what is the difference between the T1 and T2?? I dont really care for either I just want a new bb because this 8330 is just too slow anymore...
    01-24-10 03:10 PM
    You really don't want to wait when it is this close to a release date??? Many sites have it rumored as late Jan/early Feb. There's even an article on another site today that states that Best Buy is not giving their stores any new stock of Tour1's anymore. The release is imminent.

I would strongly suggest waiting for the Tour2 - I have the Bold9700 on TMobile and it is so much better than anything out there. The Tour2 will be almost identical.
    01-24-10 03:18 PM
    But other than wifi and the trackball the t1 and t2 are identical are they not?
    01-24-10 06:53 PM
    Tour 2 has more internal memory which is really the only difference.
    01-24-10 08:06 PM
    This was also posted on another site: "Under the hood there’s a snappier processor borrowed from the Storm 2 that promises to take away the lag time experienced with the previous Tour."
    01-24-10 08:27 PM
    tour 2 is rumored to be released feb 2nd by verizon
    01-24-10 08:35 PM
    Thank you! If that is indeed true then I will wait. I just did not want to wait until April. And the "snappier processor" also helped my decision as I do not want a phone that is already outdated so thanks again..
    01-24-10 09:00 PM
    I say s2 man but that's just me tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 10:19 PM
    if you don't want to wait then S2. maybe curve 8530.
    01-25-10 12:45 AM
    Tour 2 has more internal memory which is really the only difference.
    Where did you hear this? Last I read they both had 256mb... Could the Tour2 have more internal media memory, which is different than app memory?
    01-25-10 08:12 AM
    Tour 2 and Storm 2 are the same exact phone. One being a touch screen, the other being a QWERTY. Which do you perfer? Touch screen or QWERTY? there the same exact phone....

for me I dont do good with touch screens as I need all the shortcuts the QWERTY's have that Touch screens cant do well.
    Last edited by mjbesen310; 01-25-10 at 08:18 AM.
    01-25-10 08:16 AM
    In my option and personal experience the Tour makes you feel more "productive" since there are keyboard shortcuts and things that make the experience "faster" than the storm. I can just start typing a name and the contact info shows up whereas with the storm i have to go to contacts and do the search there.
    01-25-10 09:31 AM
    In my option and personal experience the Tour makes you feel more "productive" since there are keyboard shortcuts and things that make the experience "faster" than the storm. I can just start typing a name and the contact info shows up whereas with the storm i have to go to contacts and do the search there.
    I agree with you 100% with the keyboard shortcuts! Although I have it set up a little different where almost every key is a shortcut to an app or a long press is speed dial.

I tried really hard to go over to a Storm and it would be a nice device if I was just trying to kill some time, but once I need something done fast it becomes cumbersome.

Big difference also is 'BATTERY LIFE" between these two devices. Personally I just don't think battery technology is there for touchscreen devices.
    01-25-10 12:30 PM
    Where did you hear this? Last I read they both had 256mb... Could the Tour2 have more internal media memory, which is different than app memory?
    The 9650 has 2 gb of internal memory and app memory is still the same.

01-25-10 01:25 PM
    I have the Tour and it is an awesome device You just need to go to the store and play with both of them and make up your mind Our choices are personal I love the tour and it will get me through my two yrs just fine
    01-25-10 01:29 PM
    Ive gotten use to my touch screen. It feels funny typing on my wife bb with keys...Plus I like the bigger screen
    01-25-10 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD