I recently upgraded to v5.0.0.411 and have had almost no problems so far. One problem I have had though is whenever I do a battery pull my battery instantly says it's drained upon starting back up. Today it went from 50% to 15% after one pull. I know it is a false reading because recently it went from around 50% to 3%(the yellow low battery light was flashing when I turned it back on as well), however, I was able to use the phone for hours after this and it remained at 3%. From what I've read I'm thinking this might be a problem with the battery or battery contacts? But it's strange that it started happening as soon as I upgraded my OS to 5.0. Any suggestions or info? -Thanks
    01-24-10 12:37 PM
    This is interesting. I will test this theory right now. I'm at 50% right now. I will do one battery pull and I know I will be in the yellow warning. I will then time it to see if my phone goes dead right away, or lasts for hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 01:13 PM
    Mine drops pretty quickly after a battery pull, if its low, it will flash that its dead, not always fun.

01-24-10 01:13 PM
    Ok, I am in the yellow...I will continue heavy use and let you know how long till dead.

01-24-10 01:19 PM
    download FixMo Tools, heres a battery option to see what voltage ur battery is pulling...
    01-24-10 01:31 PM
    Same problem here I was thinking of getting a new battery because of this. BTW if anyone is interested these guys have great prices for batteries, I bought one for my curve last year.
    01-24-10 02:21 PM
    Its been one hour since my battery pull sent me into the yellow danger zone, I've been surfing the net ever since. Still in yellow critical. Interesting.

01-24-10 02:22 PM
    This exact scenario is why I downgraded back to 4.6 from 5.0.. Because even after restarts my battery would drop from 60% to 15%.. if these are false readings, then I will still stay away from this release of 5.0, being that after I do a restart or battery pull, I will have no idea where my battery life actually is.
    01-24-10 03:48 PM
    u also have to remember that the battery icon only has 5 options... 100%, 75%, 50%, 25% and 0%...

go in the help menu to get a more accurate picture of the battery level... or download aps that tell u the voltage of the batt...

and its a lithium polymer... it DOEST NOT drain in a normal rate... its starts fast, then goes slow then drops again when the battery is drained... ie when its in that middle part, the voltage changes very little and can show a false reading...
    01-24-10 03:52 PM
    Well, it's been over 2 hours since the battery pull put me in the yellow zone, Been surfing and had a couple phone calls. I'm still up and running, so something is up here with the battery read out. I'm going to go for broke and battery pull it again and see if my radio shuts down.
    01-24-10 04:15 PM
    Ok, I just pulled the battery while it was at 10%...bad move. It shut my radio off on reboot, redlined my battery meter too. I will say though, the phone lasted over 2 hours while surfing using Opera Mini. It's charging now, she is breathing a sigh of relief that I didn't wear her out to the point of dying.
    01-24-10 04:57 PM
    Ok, I just pulled the battery while it was at 10%...bad move. It shut my radio off on reboot, redlined my battery meter too. I will say though, the phone lasted over 2 hours while surfing using Opera Mini. It's charging now, she is breathing a sigh of relief that I didn't wear her out to the point of dying.
    hahah well done. maybe someone at rim will see this an address this in the next OS update
    01-24-10 04:58 PM
    Exact same thing here today went from 50% to yellow with a reboot (after installing the new BBM) not a battery pull..
    01-24-10 07:54 PM
    Same problem with my Bold after upgrading to 5.0. Also, with normal use, the battery drains faster than before, some time even dead on half a day. I decided to come back to 4.6 yesterday
    01-24-10 08:46 PM
    Happens to me all the time. I've noticed that it usually happens worse if the bb is frozen before the battery pull.
    01-24-10 10:36 PM
    It happens here as well but overall my batt life has improved on 5.0 !

01-24-10 11:24 PM
    It happens here as well but overall my batt life has improved on 5.0 !

Same here. My battery life has slightly improved on 5.0. But a battery pull appears to drain the battery - which it never did before.
    01-25-10 09:20 AM
    Has anyone found a fix for this? I'm now running v5.0.0.681 and am still experiencing this problem. Like someone else said it happens even worse when the phone freezes up, which has been frequent with this release. It's really frustrating since it shuts my radio off too. I love numerous things about 5.0 but this problem is making me think I should revert back to 4.6
    06-06-10 03:34 PM
    You know what. . . . this explains what happened to me yesterday then.
    My batt was looking lower then normal for no use. So I was like WTF?
    I did the batt pull app then went immediately to yellow low.
    06-07-10 09:46 AM
    Has anyone found a solution for this problem? My friend still has this problem on her 8530.
    04-04-11 08:43 PM
    I just plug it in and charge it back up. I don't think there is a fix.
    04-04-11 08:59 PM
    I've noticed this as well and I'm running .1067. I have noticed that if you plug it in, it charges to to previous level very quickly.

04-04-11 10:11 PM
    I've had this problem since upgrading as well and like others have said I don't believe there is a fix. However I find that if I have to do a batter pull that if I have it plugged in before I do it or I plug it in before it fully boots up that I never have this problem.
    If I'm out I'm screwed though

04-05-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD