hi, my curve was fine recently until a couple days ago it just has started to lag and lag and lag. everytime i click a button to see the time when its a blank screen it takes a while, whenever i unlock it then sscroll away it lags the scrolling. and alot of other stuff too.

can someone plz explain y this is happeneing to me?

i know i have downloadded a few apps on my device but i have a 4 gig sd card (if that helps)

so plz let me know whats the problem and how to fix it,

thanks
    01-24-10 07:43 AM
    Sounds like low app memory. Move pictures and other data files to the card. Apps must reside in app memory and not on the card to work.

Close all apps by using the menu to be sure none are running in the background.

If your theme is new try a different one. Some themes are memory hogs and others are laggy.

If trouble persists post your OS and apps list. There may be clues in that information.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 08:03 AM
    first things first: BATTERY PULL (leave the device on, pull the battery out, wait 30 seconds or so, and put it back in)

clear out any old messages (emails BBM SMS etc) and calender entries that you no longer need

I agree, sounds like a memory leak somewhere....
    01-24-10 08:31 AM
    Actually, I'd say first check how much free memory you currently have... Alt + Right Shift + H... then look at the "File Free" number... how many million bytes (MB) of free space.

Then do a Battery Pull as described above... then check your "File Free" space again to see how much more memory you have... typically you will lose about 15MB within a week or so of doing a battery pull, which is ok.

Do a battery pull every week to 10 day, maybe as long as every 2 weeks... but you should do this on a regular basis... you can do a soft reboot maybe twice a week if there are issues... but always do a battery pull at least every 2 weeks... soft reboot: Alt + Right Shift + Del
    01-24-10 10:20 AM
    ok it says in the file free that i have 73527591 bytes

i do battery pulls often bc i have to restart my phone when i delete apps and such.

and how do i switch my pictures and other data files to the card? idk how.....

ad a quick question...is there any way to make the apps download and save to my memory card?

thanks for the help
    01-24-10 03:45 PM
    ok it says in the file free that i have 73527591 bytes

i do battery pulls often bc i have to restart my phone when i delete apps and such.

and how do i switch my pictures and other data files to the card? idk how.....

ad a quick question...is there any way to make the apps download and save to my memory card?

thanks for the help
    73 MB of free space is not very much... is that before or after your reboot???

Apps do not run from a Media card (SD Card)... at least not yet... I'm hoping they will some day, but not today.

You can transfer files from your device to your PC and possible directly to your Media card (but you might need to go to your PC first) using DM, then open up Media Manager... I don't use Media Manager, because I don't put files on my device, except apps and you don't need Media Manager to load apps on your device.
    01-24-10 03:54 PM
    is there anything i can do to basically wipe out all the junk of my phone?
    like for instance wipiing out all the garbage like pages from the browser or stuff that stays behind that noone ever needs?
    01-24-10 03:58 PM
    Browser garbage... open your Browser > Menu > Options > Cache Operations > then clear everything... this probably will not give you a lot of memory back... but it's always a good idea to do this every week or so.

There should not be a lot of junk left behind... but you can using tools like CrackMem to Wipe your device and reload your OS so it is a very clean system, of course you should always run DM and backup your data and personal settings first.

There is also a great thread in the Blackberry 101 Lecture series on How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone
    01-24-10 04:08 PM
    Try clearing the event log. On the home screen, hold down ALT and press the buttons LGLG in that order. Click the menu button and select clear log. I found that sped my phone up, anyway.
    01-24-10 05:09 PM
    cool trick thanks

just one more request guys and thank you for ur time...

wat other secret buttons r there that u press on the home screen that somwething will pop up?

can u post the buttonss i press and tell me wat they r good for plz?

thanks soo much
    01-24-10 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD