can anyone help me how to recover or restore my phone? i forgot my phone code. is there any software that can restore my phone? please help.
    01-24-10 06:57 AM
    There's nothing that can help you. The security code has NO backdoors for security reasons. Personally I don't see how people can forget their code, so I always see these posts as theives trying to gain access to the phone they just stole. If that is you then you should be ashamed of yourself, and call the local kiosk to turn the phone in. If that's not you, then good luck and I hope you get things sorted out.
    01-24-10 07:55 AM
    Agree:
    +1
    01-24-10 08:53 AM
    good luck to you op, there is nothing you can do. I hope that you made a back up of your data.
    01-24-10 08:58 AM
    There's a backdoor, after u get it wrong 10 times, type blackberry, good as new!

Epic...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 01:26 PM
    I'm curious. After a security wipe, can't you just reload the software? And, if you do get a stolen phone, can you hook to DM and wipe?

I don't use the password lock feature because of convenience and because I've never lost anything that was important to me. But now I'm starting to think about making the guy who stole my Bold really angry cause he can't get it to work.

I rely on the "HUGE REWARD IF FOUND" on my keylock screen. Maybe the thief would figure he could get more by giving it back to me and claiming that he found it. Of course, the reward isn't cash, just a handshake
    01-24-10 04:41 PM
    okay so here's the deal, I'm curious about being able to bypass the security code. The

blackberry in question is my wife's bold 9000 which she purchased, but used as a approved device

for her company email and such. She recently changed companies and took the phone with her as

she did purchase it. She actually moved to a new device and phone - so the bold currently

doesn't have a service associated with it.

Unfortunately for some strange reason the unlock code is not working. I have one attempt left

out of 10. We don't care about most of the data except for a few photos on the device. I put

an SD card in there but she never used it. The photos are encrypted which is another issue (and if anyone knows of a program that can help me unencrypt them great)

I've been reading the posts on this thread and I have question on the one from SourKevin. If after the 10th try (I'm on 9 right now) I get locked out and I type blackberry - which the device is already asking for - will I lose any data?
    05-17-10 05:11 PM
    After the 10th unsuccessful password entry, you will lose all the personal data on the phone with no possibility of recovery. The wipe won't affect the contents of the SD card, but if the card is encrypted with the device password, and you don't know the password, the contents will be unrecoverable. Note also that if the device has an IT Policy on it, the wipe will not remove the policy. If the Policy requires a password, you'll be prompted to enter a new one.
    05-17-10 05:39 PM
    okay so here's the deal, I'm curious about being able to bypass the security code. The

blackberry in question is my wife's bold 9000 which she purchased, but used as a approved device

for her company email and such. She recently changed companies and took the phone with her as

she did purchase it. She actually moved to a new device and phone - so the bold currently

doesn't have a service associated with it.

Unfortunately for some strange reason the unlock code is not working. I have one attempt left

out of 10. We don't care about most of the data except for a few photos on the device. I put

an SD card in there but she never used it. The photos are encrypted which is another issue (and if anyone knows of a program that can help me unencrypt them great)

I've been reading the posts on this thread and I have question on the one from SourKevin. If after the 10th try (I'm on 9 right now) I get locked out and I type blackberry - which the device is already asking for - will I lose any data?
    You'll lose all of it. After ten failed attempts, the phone wipes itself.
    05-17-10 05:41 PM
    I changed my password so many times now i cant remember the password i dont want to enter 10 times and get locked out dont know wat to do..plz help?
    03-29-11 09:41 AM
    If you don't remember it, you are out of luck. There is no backdoor or master password. A common mistake is entering an alpha password when you thought you entered a numeric password. For example, if you think the password is 1234, try wers or WERS.
    03-29-11 09:48 AM
    I changed my password so many times now i cant remember the password i dont want to enter 10 times and get locked out dont know wat to do..plz help?
    Nothing to help with. Either enter the correct password or enter an incorrect PW and reset the phone.
    03-29-11 09:56 AM
    but once, you wipe and reset the phone, can the person still use it? i mean, will it not ask for a password once it's wiped? thanks
    04-11-11 09:40 PM
    but once, you wipe and reset the phone, can the person still use it? i mean, will it not ask for a password once it's wiped? thanks
    When the security reset is finished, you'll be prompted to enter a new password of your choosing. You can also choose to disable the password. Either way, you can now use the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 09:58 PM
    i forget my blackberry mobile code please help modal no.bold.9780
    03-17-16 05:16 AM
    Forgot my security code
    02-24-18 01:54 AM
    I tried this what else can i try
    02-24-18 02:05 AM
    I tried this what else can i try
    Nothing, except remember the password. This thread is from 8 years ago. Since then security has improved, and the phone will be useless without the correct password.

Time to close this oldie down.
    delizz likes this.
    02-24-18 04:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD