Seanren78 421/428/442/451

Wew another Hybrid!! Let's have you guys check this one out. Went back to the 421 Browser, 428 Base, 442 Cod's and 451 Java. You should notice an increase in battery life and stability. I'm up and running on this with no difficulties what so ever. Please download this Java folder and let me know what you think. I know you will be happy with it. The 451 Straight Java was brutal on battery life and the 421 Browser has shown the same speed and to increase battery life (very important). Looking forward to the 442 files which should help again with battery life and stability.

I must apologize for the diversion to another site. I do not know how to upload files to crackberry.com, if an administrator feels the need to take this down I understand.

Here is the download link:

BBHybrids Forums - Downloads - Seanren78 95xx 421/428/442/451 Hybrid

Replace your current Java Folder with this one and load per usual.

Load Over:

9550 Base: 428

9520 Base: 436
    01-24-10 02:24 AM
    will this fix the EDGE/edge problem?
    i'm on OOKD's hybrid and the problem is still there
    01-24-10 02:35 AM
    Not sure to be honest with you....I have not heard from anyone that is on T-mobile.
    01-24-10 02:44 AM
    Hottest Hybrid on the Market. I'm a site advisor for bbhybrids and a highly recommend you take a look at this hybrid and see what it does! It will amaze you!
    01-24-10 04:13 AM
    Hottest Hybrid on the Market. I'm a site advisor for bbhybrids and a highly recommend you take a look at this hybrid and see what it does! It will amaze you!
    Damn you Sean! I just loaded up Lyr's new build yesterday!
    01-24-10 04:24 AM
    Sean...was running this hybrid for a day and had to revert to base OS. Seems this and most hybrids that are using java files not created for Storm2 have issues. The following apps don't work, or lose Storm functionality

BBWeather (lose storm buttons)
    Google Maps (lose touch screen controls)
    Google Voice (lose touch screen making app useless)
    NFL Superfan (issue with any non-carrier released OS, not hybrid specific)

I'd love to heat how I can get these to work. Otherwise it is 320 (no homescreen icon updating) or 428 (battery issues)....

Thanks for your hard work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 04:24 AM
    Sean...was running this hybrid for a day and had to revert to base OS. Seems this and most hybrids that are using java files not created for Storm2 have issues. The following apps don't work, or lose Storm functionality

BBWeather (lose storm buttons)
    Google Maps (lose touch screen controls)
    Google Voice (lose touch screen making app useless)
    NFL Superfan (issue with any non-carrier released OS, not hybrid specific)

I'd love to heat how I can get these to work. Otherwise it is 320 (no homescreen icon updating) or 428 (battery issues)....

Thanks for your hard work

Are you disabling Compatibility Mode? Doesnt sound like you are.
    01-24-10 04:26 AM
    Yes I am. I know all apps work now on 320. So could I install 428, then the hybrid, and upgrade phone without wipe? Would apps installed keep original functionity? Something with using these latest hybrids that have complete java folders that are non-Storm is the culprit.

01-24-10 04:39 AM
    Yes I am. I know all apps work now on 320. So could I install 428, then the hybrid, and upgrade phone without wipe? Would apps installed keep original functionity? Something with using these latest hybrids that have complete java folders that are non-Storm is the culprit.

Never had a single issue with another device's files in a hybrid. Keep in mind that before a dev releases a hybrid it is tested fairly rigorously to make sure all the files work with the base OS.

If you want to go back to the hybrid, you dont need to wipe, unless you want to of course, because during the OS install process a wipe is done;however some people feel more comfortable wiping to a 507 before anyway. So you want to replace the java in the OS file then install the OS with the new java on your device using app loader. Also you can use Shrink-A-OS if you like to get rid of any preloaded junk you dont need/use, i.e. languages, default ringtones, VZNav, VAD, etc. This should be done after you replace java and can run launcher from within SAOS once it is shrunk
    Last edited by jgutie6634; 01-24-10 at 04:54 AM.
    01-24-10 04:51 AM

This hybrid for the 9550 should be loaded over .428 base.
    01-24-10 06:41 AM
    Does the bedside mode work on this hybrid?
    01-24-10 07:17 AM
    Damn you Sean! I just loaded up Lyr's new build yesterday!
    haha.....let me know how you like it an thanks for covering the thread!
    01-24-10 08:59 AM
    NO french .. grrrrrrrrrrr
    01-24-10 10:35 AM
    shrunk or unshrunk hybrid ?
    01-24-10 10:39 AM
    I'm interested just for the battery life. Subscribing to this to check out some more feed back first
    01-24-10 11:01 AM
    Never had a single issue with another device's files in a hybrid. Keep in mind that before a dev releases a hybrid it is tested fairly rigorously to make sure all the files work with the base OS.

If you want to go back to the hybrid, you dont need to wipe, unless you want to of course, because during the OS install process a wipe is done;however some people feel more comfortable wiping to a 507 before anyway. So you want to replace the java in the OS file then install the OS with the new java on your device using app loader. Also you can use Shrink-A-OS if you like to get rid of any preloaded junk you dont need/use, i.e. languages, default ringtones, VZNav, VAD, etc. This should be done after you replace java and can run launcher from within SAOS once it is shrunk
    Bro I know that. I reverted back to 320. So if you need me to spell put what I was going to do here: with base 320 on device....uninstall the OS from PC, install 428 on PC, then install hybrid on PC. Launch loader and upgrade after shrink.

Typically I do a wipe and I reinstall all apps via ota. I would love to have someone confirm that they can install the apps I mention from OTA on this hybrid and the application have the storm device functionality that I say is missing.

I've been using hybrids since Irtehun first made on for Tour. I saw the transformation and eventual creation of bbhybrids.net. I love how everyone assumes people are idiots on herr

01-24-10 11:19 AM
    This hybrid for the 9550 should be loaded over .428 base.
    Please see my reply to the post above yours. It was meant for you not him.

01-24-10 11:20 AM
    Please see my reply to the post above yours. It was meant for you not him.

I have base .428 and use google maps with no problems (touch wise), don't use the other apps so I can't say for sure.
    01-24-10 11:27 AM
    shrunk or unshrunk hybrid ?
    shrunk my man.
    01-24-10 11:38 AM
    that would be nice to know wut have been shrunked ?
    01-24-10 11:40 AM
    Is this or the one by OOAKDPC better?
    01-24-10 12:08 PM
    I've actually used both, and this one is my favorite. Don't get me wrong, both are great but I seem to get better battery life with Sean's hybrid, and the screen click is excellent. Last night with moderate use I had about 2% drain, and I've had my phone on for 1hr 22 minutes today and I'm still at 100% battery. Also, no app compatibility issues at all.
    01-24-10 12:52 PM
    I like the idea of improved battery life; so I just loaded this bad boy.
    01-24-10 06:14 PM
    So far the battery life is looking good, still sitting at 80% after about 2 battery pulls, on my 3rd just to be safe.

I'm loving how fast the keyboard responds, I'll text heavy tonight to further test, this just might be my hybrid of choice.
    01-24-10 06:44 PM
    Well done Sean! Thank you for your hard work. I am from China, so I care more about the Chinese language support and input. What a pity! I didn't find Chinese in this build and I failed to insert Chinese input cods to the JAVA folder. Would you please make a change and put Chinese sinplified PINYIN in it?

By the way, I found that all the hybirds are not supporting the SMS very well. If I make the Country Code "+86"(China),it wont work for calling and sending SMS. I make the Country Code "Unknown", it works,but, when receiving a new SMS, it wont display the sender's name, but the cellphone number with +86 ahead(acutally,I stored this name and phone number in the Contacts). For example, I stored TOM's phone number as 13591777777 , but when received a new SMS from TOM, it only display +8613591777777. I will appretiate on your help about this.

My email: [email protected]

Expacting for your reply!
    Last edited by BerryDay; 01-24-10 at 09:39 PM.
    01-24-10 07:48 PM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD