ok so i downloaded the boost 5.0 for my sprint 8330 and desktop manager can't find it all it has is the current 4.5.175 and the older one but it doesn't find 5.0 i deleted it and downloaded it numerous times but app loader still will not find it? help i really want it
    01-23-10 11:15 PM
    After download, did you install it, and delete the vendor.xml file? Here's my upgrade guide:

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 11:22 PM
    you are the best thanks a lot! I just got it downloaded, I think the problem was that I didn't have crackmem also i had 5.1 desktop manager. I knew I should have stuck with 4.6 I don't know why i even upgraded. Thanks again i really appreciate the link it is exactly what i needed
    01-24-10 12:47 PM
    Glad you got it! It's my own darn experience at thinking I needed DM5, so don't feel bad.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

01-24-10 01:18 PM
    i was having a problem with the memory leak like many others, i didnt use the shrink a os like i should have now i think im going to have to downgrade to 4.5 again then come back up after i shrink 5.0
    01-24-10 02:30 PM
    You won't need to downgrade at all. Use Shrink, and rerun loader. It will prompt you to remove the items you've shrunk. Just keep in mind, if you use Docs, it can be querky. You may need to remove it to keep it. Also BBM will want to downgrade to what's on the OS again if you upgraded OTA to 5.0.0.57. Your easiest play is to be sure you did a remote back up, so no matter what, you'll be able to get back to proper.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-24-10 02:59 PM
    i dont know what is wrong now i downgraded back to 4.5 and shrank my 5.0 that worked fine now when i try to upgrade back to my shrank 5.0, when it gets to app loader it only says 4.5 it doesnt find 5.0? any suggestions ive been on this for like for hours!!! its driving me crazy i just dont get why it wont find 5.0 now again?
    01-24-10 03:58 PM
    Ish! Remove the old OS frm your PC, and pray you don't have to wipe to get 5.0 back on.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-24-10 04:01 PM
    i just removed old OS from my PC and it still doesnt find 5.0
    01-24-10 04:05 PM
    Yep, you're going to have to wipe first now. Just damn! Don't forget to back up first.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

01-24-10 04:10 PM
    nevermind i just found it!!!! hopefully it works ill let you know!!
    01-24-10 04:10 PM
    :::: crosses paws ::::

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-24-10 04:20 PM
    I have just checked out your Install guide, very nicely done and Colourful too.

01-24-10 04:24 PM
    Wow, thanks Reed! I need to update BBM, and was debating switching the app back up to using bbsak, but overall, I'm pretty proud of it.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-24-10 04:27 PM
    bigbadwulf you are the man thanks for all the help and reed is right your page is great thanks alot hopefully i dont have anymore memory leak!
    01-24-10 06:36 PM
    Thanks a lot fabs, but memory leaks are just a fact of life. Hopefully they won't be nearly as bad though. You might want to try a new app, BerryJoose. It's available in the CrackBerry store. I'm private beta testing a version of it. I can assure you, it will help with memory.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-24-10 07:33 PM
    Hey,

I just downloaded the 5.0. I used crackmem to delete the vendor file, then used the apploader. So far things are going well. I will let you know if there are any problems
    01-27-10 02:34 AM
    Hey,

I just downloaded the 5.0. I used crackmem to delete the vendor file, then used the apploader. So far things are going well. I will let you know if there are any problems
    I did the same . Crackmem found the os but apploader doesn't find it. I even erased dm and tried without it and still nothing. I have been trying for days. It found 5.0 core once yesterday but when i said to upload it it says its missing files...
    01-27-10 06:11 AM
    Sounds like something went wrong with your OS install, I'd try again. Remove it through control panel, and run the exe one more time. I also wouldn't remove DM, but use 4.6, it's the best.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-27-10 06:15 AM
    My SMS chat window has a bright green border around it and I don't know how to change it. I've tried changing the theme but it was still there. Other people I know that also have the Tour running 5.0 don't have the green border it is just black. Do you know how I can change this?

01-27-10 06:20 AM
    I like the 5.0. But it keeps telling me that my ram is too low and that i should delete an app. How can i fix this. The damn hour glass keeps appearing too. things kind of appear a little slow at times. Can you help me ?
    01-27-10 03:19 PM
    You don't need to delete an app, you need to not have as many open at once.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!

01-27-10 09:51 PM
    how can i go back to 4.5 from 5.0. ?
    I'm having a hard time
    01-28-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD