Model 8830
    Verizon
    OS version 4.2.2.176

Trying to find optons and syntax for filter text when creating it on the BB. It seems to only match on exact matches. I would like to filter the subject to apply to say "It contains both "word A" AND "Word B" from a string of words in the subject.

I've tried many different things, quotes, word AND, * wildcard etc. Can anyone help me out, or point me someplace that lists all the options and syntax for filters.
    06-05-08 02:35 PM
    08-26-08 07:30 AM
    Here's a long and very detailed post by a guy who did a lot of research on filters and notification: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/noti...tection-54963/

Maybe some of his info will help. Filters are tricky to set up, but once you get them right, I've found them to work well.
    08-26-08 07:39 AM
    The following appears to work when connected to Lotus Notes via a BES:

Note: this setup is entirely done on the BlackBerry device, not on Desktop Manager.

To filter on ALL emails from your company, inspect an email (maybe you can just send one to yourself) on your Blackberry.

The following instructions apply to OS5.

When seeing the message in the Messages list, click the BlackBerry button, scroll to find the "Filter Sender" item and click on that.You should see something like this:

or

This filter on the BB appears to work to filter all emails from yourcompany

You could use this filter as follows, to receive ONLY emails from your colleagues on your handheld:

Select "If no filters apply, send email to handheld" No
    and then use the above filter to Forward yourcompany email to the handheld.

This should forward emails from your company's Lotus Notes email system to your BB, but nothing else you receive on that email account, such as folks outside your company with whom you work. For those folks, you could add similar filters using internet style addressing, of course.
    05-22-10 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD