I just found out that I can upgrade my sprint bb8330 to O.S 5.0.0.438 , but I don't know how to :S I've been reading a couple of threads and they all say to delete the vendor file, which btw I already did. Now I'm stuck, please help!
    01-23-10 06:15 PM
    I bet there's some kind of FAQ on this wonderful site to walk you through this...

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

I would advise getting BBSAK and Shrink-a-OS to put that on an 8330. I backup everything with DM, backup 3rd party apps with BBSAK, wipe everything, then install from a clean slate. You can use S-A-OS to remove stuff you don't need before installing to get the size down. Installing the full OS will likely make your phone critically low on memory, and make it run slow.
    01-23-10 06:29 PM
    if i put "wipe device" in BBSAK what exactly does it wipe? haha sorry im new to this.
    01-23-10 06:47 PM
    It wipes everything. OS and all. Be sure to backup your phone before performing an upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 06:58 PM
    thanks, and can I go back to the original OS if something goes wrong?
    01-23-10 07:11 PM
    If you have the 8330 then there is a leaked version of the OS 5.X avail.
    Follow the threads here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/
    and be sure to read the problems. Some have reverted to a hybrid version to get rid of some problems.
    Others really love it.
    The threads will tell you where to get it and what is involved.

You can revert back as long as you have a copy of your current version to loadl. make sure you have that before you begin.
    Good Luck!
    Last edited by ronb; 01-23-10 at 07:23 PM.
    01-23-10 07:20 PM
    Yes, but you'll have to download .175 from RIM's website or the Sprint sticky at the top of the page. Once you wipe the handset or start installing the new OS, you can't just stop and go back to the old one, you have to finish installing something.

The Boost 5.0.0.438 seems to be pretty stable, maybe more so than .175 was, it's just big.
    01-23-10 07:21 PM
    Just for info check out the link in my sig on how to install. The link to Nathans hybrid is not the boost 5.0 os but the download site has BBSAK, shrinkos etc..
    01-24-10 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD