I have an Alltel phone and plan. Alltel has been completely switched to Verizon. Today I got a text message saying FREE ALLTEL MSG: GREAT NEWS! WE'VE UPGRADED OUR NETWORK IN YOUR AREA MAKING YOUR WIRELESS EXPERIENCE EVEN BETTER. LOOK FOR MORE GREAT THINGS COMING SOON.

Did anyone else get this? What does it mean? Here is a screen shot.Attachment 52447
    Last edited by eklenken; 01-21-10 at 11:53 PM.
    01-21-10 11:50 PM
    This means the towers in your are have now been converted as well. At least this is the most likely reason. If this is reason, make sure you do a *228 opt 2 on all your phones

You were most likely converted to the VZW billing systems sometime last year. That portion has been completed.
    01-22-10 07:36 AM
    I used to get that from Alltel all the time, when Alltel was Alltel and after the merger, idk, I am in the same place as Alltel's Corporate HQ and I know they haven't put up any new towers in my area in a long time, so idk, I just ignored it, did *228, but the PRL was the same as before.
    01-22-10 02:04 PM
    Alltel divested to Verizon?
    01-22-10 10:10 PM
    Alltel divested to Verizon?
    What I was thinking.. lol..

If they're still seeing Alltel messages, then I wouldn't think they'd be a part of VZW. Who knows..
    01-22-10 10:14 PM
    in Arizona stores there are still Alltel phones being offered but not many
    01-22-10 11:50 PM
    I used to get that from Alltel all the time, when Alltel was Alltel and after the merger, idk, I am in the same place as Alltel's Corporate HQ and I know they haven't put up any new towers in my area in a long time, so idk, I just ignored it, did *228, but the PRL was the same as before.
    How do I check my PRL?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 06:29 AM
    How do I check my PRL?

#4357* then "send". Scroll down until you find your PRL.

01-23-10 07:20 AM
    What I was thinking.. lol..

If they're still seeing Alltel messages, then I wouldn't think they'd be a part of VZW. Who knows..
    I still see Alltel commcercials in NM. The reason for this might that there are areas here that are being divested to other companies that will buy these areas. Since these deals are not yet complete, they need advertise.
    01-23-10 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD