hello all, i have a concern moreso than a question.

i dont think im getting the great battery life i hear about on my 9700. it seems to be average, just a tad bit better than my iphone. am i doing something wrong? does anyone know of any tips to prolong the battery life. i txt and listen to my online radio, check my social networks all the time. and also is there an alternative battery for my 9700?

Thanks
    01-21-10 03:59 PM
    Iphone has horrible battery life. If your only getting a little bit better than I know you have a bad battery.

I just switched and I was charging my iphone 2 to 3 times a day. I'm down to just once overnight now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 04:31 PM
    dont know about the iphone, but my 9700 is still 75% charged after 12 hrs of moderate use.
    01-21-10 04:36 PM
    I share the same concern. My battery would be completely dead in 12 hrs. That's with approximately 2 hrs pandora, 2 hrs facebooking, little browsing and rarely talk on the phone. Does that sound right to you?

01-21-10 04:44 PM
    dont know about the iphone, but my 9700 is still 75% charged after 12 hrs of moderate use.
    What do you consider moderate use?
    01-21-10 05:09 PM
    i get 2 days but I dont stream music just heavy emailing and texting and bbming
    01-21-10 05:12 PM
    Not at all. I use mine for over an hour at gym, plus at other times during the day. Constantly emailing, on phone and even web surfing and I usually have 75% or so at the end of the day. I could go two days with no charging if I had to.
    01-21-10 05:14 PM
    see thats my concern, im getting about 12-20hrs of battery....how do i know for sure if i have a "not so good" battery
    01-21-10 05:17 PM
    I get 3-4 days on heavy texting, email and phone calls and moderate web use. Running .423.
    01-21-10 06:37 PM
    I'm getting about 3 days with moderate usage.
    Last edited by djfergi; 01-21-10 at 06:42 PM.
    01-21-10 06:39 PM
    Don't charge your blackberry for more then 3 hours if you keep it on the charger too long you will ruin you battery. Plus let the battery run all the way down then charge it to full capacity once a month it should keep your battery running efficently....
    that's only true for the old NiCad batteries.
    01-21-10 07:12 PM
    With disabled WiFi and moderate use of bbm ,3-4 Phone Calls, Texting and some Social Networking my 9700 Battery keeps for around 2 Days. To compare with my HTC Magic where the Battery is down after ~ 10 Hours with the same use.
    01-21-10 07:43 PM
    I'm getting 2-3days without recharging, and I text and browse the internet heavily.
    01-22-10 02:00 AM
    hello all, i have a concern moreso than a question.

i dont think im getting the great battery life i hear about on my 9700. it seems to be average, just a tad bit better than my iphone. am i doing something wrong? does anyone know of any tips to prolong the battery life. i txt and listen to my online radio, check my social networks all the time. and also is there an alternative battery for my 9700?

Thanks
    you should try and remember to shutdown all apps that are constantly pushing info to your device this drains battery without you touching or apps of that matter have them update at later times
    01-22-10 02:05 AM
    4 hours straight talktime on bluetooth, about 2 hours of surfing on 3G on one overnight charge.
    My iPhone dies after 4 youtube videos.
    01-23-10 12:29 AM
    4 and a half hours in, battery down to 80% with about 45 mins of talk time, Moderate BBM usage, Ubertwitter, Emails and about 15 mins of music....

Is this good?
    01-23-10 03:32 AM
    you should try and remember to shutdown all apps that are constantly pushing info to your device this drains battery without you touching or apps of that matter have them update at later times
    I agreed you have to shut down all the apps. If I don't shut down apps, it won't even last a day. But the hard thing is I don't know which app is on. So I just reboot. Seems to work that way.

01-23-10 04:53 AM
    I agreed you have to shut down all the apps. If I don't shut down apps, it won't even last a day. But the hard thing is I don't know which app is on. So I just reboot. Seems to work that way.

Dumb question in response to this post. How do you make sure that all apps are shut down? I only use a few third party apps. (weather, ESPN and team apps, Slacker Radio). Do these apps. constantly run?
    01-23-10 09:37 AM
    Menu � Close/Exit. Some apps have a 'run in the background' option in the settings. Uncheck that

01-23-10 10:21 AM
    Don't charge your blackberry for more then 3 hours if you keep it on the charger too long you will ruin you battery. Plus let the battery run all the way down then charge it to full capacity once a month it should keep your battery running efficently....
    As someone else noted, that was the regime for Nickel-Cadmium batters from a decade ago. Lithium-Ion batteries are a totally different animal.

You should charge it for how ever long it takes to fully change it. Charging algorithms for Lithium-Ion take care NOT to over-charge batteries. They have to, over-charging these can cause dramatic explosions.

Where possible, you shouldn't run down these batteries. You only have so many charge/discharge cycles before they are exhausted (in the range of 500 or so, but there are a lot of factors). If you're running down your battery to near zero occasionally "just because", you've wasted one of those cycles. There is no memory effect, unlike Nickel-Cadmium's
    01-23-10 10:49 AM
    Dumb question in response to this post. How do you make sure that all apps are shut down? I only use a few third party apps. (weather, ESPN and team apps, Slacker Radio). Do these apps. constantly run?
    When your in an app press the blackberry button and go to shutdown but weather apps aren't as bad as such as ubertwitter and any radio apps you can do a lot to conserve your battery for longer periods of time

01-23-10 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD