I want to buy a blackberry off this guy. Is there anyway to find out if its stolen. He's not sure because he bought it from someone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 03:51 PM
    Ask him for the ESN number. Call Sprint and ask them if it can be activated. If they say no, it's either been reported lost/stolen or has an outstanding bill against it. What kind of BB is it?
    01-21-10 03:56 PM
    I think you can also ask for the pin number and check it through RIM.
    01-21-10 07:02 PM
    A buddy of mine bought a Curve off of ebay, was able to activate and use it (USCCY), and didn't find out it was stolen until the device had to be sent out for a repair. Paypal's refund policy is 30 days, and since it worked fine for a few months he was SOL. Buyer beware.

01-21-10 07:05 PM
    I get customers coming in all the time wanting to activate Tours and Storm 2's. It stinks when I have to break the news to them as to why it cant be activated. Most of them are bought off Craigslist. Its people who have the past due balance and had service terminated. Just like it was said above: BUYER BEWARE
    01-21-10 07:39 PM
    I get customers coming in all the time wanting to activate Tours and Storm 2's. It stinks when I have to break the news to them as to why it cant be activated. Most of them are bought off Craigslist. Its people who have the past due balance and had service terminated. Just like it was said above: BUYER BEWARE
    What does past dues and services terminated (if not stolen or reported lost) has anything to do with it? As long as u are a new paying customer, u should be able to activate it.

01-21-10 07:47 PM
    What does past dues and services terminated (if not stolen or reported lost) has anything to do with it? As long as u are a new paying customer, u should be able to activate it.
    Makes a world of difference. Some carriers will not activate a phone with a
    past due / unpaid balance until it is satisfied. Does not matter who is activating
    the phone.
    01-21-10 07:58 PM
    Makes a world of difference. Some carriers will not activate a phone with a
    past due / unpaid balance until it is satisfied. Does not matter who is activating
    the phone.
    Fine examples of why I will never use a CDMA carrier. GSM FTW!
    01-21-10 08:01 PM
    My buddy and I couldn't figure out why he was able to activate his Curve, unless the seller didn't report it stolen until after it sold?

01-21-10 08:04 PM
    Fine examples of why I will never use a CDMA carrier. GSM FTW!
    Pay your bill
    01-21-10 08:14 PM
    Another reason not to get cdma phone and service if that is true regarding bill payment. So for cdma, how long do u not have to pay bill before they shut off ur service? If I don't pay my tmobile bill, my phone won't work until I pay it. Thus no late bills and what not. Simple as that. But I can sell my gsm phone to other and it work.

01-21-10 08:21 PM
    Pay your bill
    740 FICO score buddy. I paiz my dues! And no carrier can hold my device hostage!
    01-21-10 08:36 PM
    740 FICO score buddy. I paiz my dues! And no carrier can hold my device hostage!
    Relax chico it was a small joke. No need to post your humdrum credit score.
    01-21-10 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD