OK... so this is my first try at a theme. I've spent alot of time trying other themes... liked alot of them but still wanted to do my own thing. I personally like the stock Zen theme. I simply didn't like the semi-transparent bars at the top and bottom of the home screen and I REALLY wanted a Spacebar shortcut for Quicklaunch. Because I'm new to themes, I didn't realize that my folder/app system is hard coded into the theme. So you may or may not like that. I will gladly provide the .thm file if you wish to play with it yourself. I'm certainly open to suggestions but can't promise I'll make any changes. I really just wanted this theme for myself but thought that if a couple of people could use this then I'm happy to share.

To summarize:

Free
    Hidden Today
    Zen style icons
    Spacebar shortcut for Quicklaunch
    Specialized folder system
    User can still move everything around and create folders
    7th slot for Berryweather or whatever you choose
    Designed for 5.0 9700 Bold

I'm sorry I haven't been on here all day. I didn't realize I wasn't getting notified of responses. I just thought there was no interest. I actually went in last night and started from scratch to really make things the way I wanted. That includes a 7th slot. So a few things have changed but basically the same thought process. I originally stayed away from the weather slot because I was afraid it wouldn't update but it's working like a charm for me.

OTA available... go here

Also can be downloaded from my very recently formed website deek312.com
    Don't make fun of it. It's brand new and under construction
    Last edited by deek312; 01-25-10 at 10:56 PM. Reason: OTA... Finally!
    01-21-10 03:28 PM
    Would love to have this once you have time to figure out ota hosting
    01-21-10 04:46 PM
    OTA would be great!
    01-21-10 05:33 PM
    Whats up with all the fuzz about OTA? Lazy bastards, connect your phone, open desktop manager and install the file

Sigh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 05:40 PM
    using the theme right now, i really like the layout of the homescreen! my only 2 suggestions would be even though you left room for the weather wallpaper itd be nice to have a 7th weather slot on the home screen like right underneath the bluetooth symbol and to show the application name when your scrolling on the home screen. other than that i like it! and for whats it worth, thanks for not adding transitions!
    01-21-10 05:40 PM
    I get a compatibility error when I try to install it on my 9700.
    01-21-10 06:46 PM
    Whats up with all the fuzz about OTA? Lazy bastards, connect your phone, open desktop manager and install the file

Sigh

Wow your comment was so unneccessary. There isn't a fuzz about OTA... I simply don't have the means to install a zip file as I don't have a working computer. Hiowever, I'm glad that you were able to get the theme and I hope you enjoy it. In the future I hope you will to be less crass with your comments...

Thanks...have a great day
    Last edited by Iluvbb; 01-22-10 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors
    01-22-10 08:44 AM

Sigh

Wow, stay classy.
    01-22-10 09:09 AM
    i have installed on my 9700 and i love it but even though i have berry weather as my 7th icon it does not show up on homescreen

does someone know what i am doing wrong ???
    01-22-10 02:05 PM
    i have installed on my 9700 and i love it but even though i have berry weather as my 7th icon it does not show up on homescreen

does someone know what i am doing wrong ???
    Your supposed to use the wallpaper option, its not a 7th slot.

01-22-10 03:17 PM
    Your supposed to use the wallpaper option, its not a 7th slot.

ok can you please let me know how to do this thanks
    01-22-10 03:28 PM
    Lazy bastards
    Play nice.
    Some of us reach this site via our Blackberry.
    01-22-10 04:24 PM
    Please check original post as I have added a seventh slot. Thanks
    01-22-10 04:25 PM
    Please check original post as I have added a seventh slot. Thanks
    i have my berryweather in the 7th slot but it does not show up
    01-22-10 04:28 PM
    i have my berryweather in the 7th slot but it does not show up
    I literally just uploaded the updated zip file at 4:22. The new theme in it has the seventh slot whereas the original that I uploaded yesterday does not.
    01-22-10 04:32 PM
    using the theme right now, i really like the layout of the homescreen! my only 2 suggestions would be even though you left room for the weather wallpaper itd be nice to have a 7th weather slot on the home screen like right underneath the bluetooth symbol and to show the application name when your scrolling on the home screen. other than that i like it! and for whats it worth, thanks for not adding transitions!
    For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get the app name to show in the center as it normally does with the stock theme. I can only see how to show directly above which, in some cases, puts it off the screen. Also (opps) I did add a simple fade in/ fade out transition to and from the home screen. But that's it. I really didn't want to do much.
    01-22-10 04:39 PM
    [QUOTE=deek312;4541737]I literally just uploaded the updated zip file at 4:22. The new theme in it has the seventh slot whereas the original that I uploaded yesterday does not.[/QUOTE

ok thanks so much i really like this theme
    01-22-10 04:40 PM
    I was able to figure out how to make the app names show on homescreen. Very simple.. just missing a step
    01-22-10 08:28 PM
    I was able to figure out how to make the app names show on homescreen. Very simple.. just missing a step
    sweet! theme is perfect now, thanks!
    01-23-10 01:06 AM
    Can't wait for ota!

01-23-10 07:24 AM
    OTA finally available after a LOOOONG weekend of trying to figure it out. Check original post for link.

I certainly don't think my theme(s) are anything special but if anyone is interested I'll be trying to post some variations now that I've got the OTA figured out. Suggestions are welcome.
    01-25-10 03:13 PM
    Great theme! Very simple with subtle transitions. Thanks for your effort!

01-25-10 10:59 PM
    Looks very nice. I like how the date, time and connection icons are aligned.

Just wondering though, what is the "Specialized folder system"?

And would it be possible to have 7 or 8 icons across the bottom instead of the stock 6?
    01-26-10 12:09 AM
    Please check out a new thread I've started... OTA download now available + tweaks on the theme

http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/fr...today2-412119/
    01-26-10 11:35 AM
    I download themes everyday but always end up back at this one; it's just so well balanced. One thing though, have you thought about transitions? If there would be one thing I'd change on this theme it would be adding some transitions and transparency on the menus and prompts maybe

What do you think?

02-21-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD