Hi I have narrowed it down to two choices problem is I am unable to go and see them in person as nobody stocks them in Canada what a PINA. I was wondering if anyone could comment on some questions. I am looking for a hard case but want one that is fairly thin. The Otter is just way to big.

Case Mate Barely There - Is this the thinnest case out there but it is just basically a thin layer of plastic not covering the ends?? I also see Case Mate is now making a case like the Inno 2 called the Smooth Case - has anybody used it, is it slimmer than the Inno?

Seidio Inno 2 - Does this add allot of bulk, how is the thickness compared to the Blackberry silicon skin. It looks like the Inno for the 9550 has changed a bit from the Storm 1 version as it covers both ends now. Can you still fit it in a holster made by RIM for the storm or are they just to tight. The Tour 9630 case seems flexible?

Thanks
    01-20-10 06:21 PM
    I honestly would avoid case mate all together if I were you. I have had various case mate cases. One for the bold, iphone, curve and even for the mac book air and all of them ended up getting ruined with in a few months. They seemed to all get too loose. I would recommend the commuter case by otter box.
    01-20-10 06:27 PM
    Have the innocase II

LOVE IT, perfect doesn't feel/hurt when you put it up to your ear like some do because they aren't cut right.

Very nice case easy on easy off doesn't mess with the screen and I like that my blackeberry logo at the top still shows. Very light to, Not a whole lot to it doesn't add any bulk can't speak though for a comparison, has a felt on the inside though so the inside doesn't get scratched..?

I recommend it, especially with the Seidio Charging Cradle.

Good Luck, Happy Hunting
    01-20-10 06:29 PM
    I honestly would avoid case mate all together if I were you. I have had various case mate cases. One for the bold, iphone, curve and even for the mac book air and all of them ended up getting ruined with in a few months. They seemed to all get too loose. I would recommend the commuter case by otter box.
    Yea I actually would agree case-mate is nice and all. They have decent looking products but THIS IS MY EXPIRENCE, I'm not a person who beats the crap out of my phone and they wore out very fast and became loose and didn't work I guess you could say.

And the otterbox no matter which one WILL add bulk to your phone, but they are very tough cases if that is what you are looking for.
    01-20-10 06:31 PM
    The otter box commuter case isnt bulky its very similar in size to the Innocase, I have also had Innocases for the curve and bold. What I have noticed with the innocase is that if you happen to drop the phone while the innocase is on it, the case will come off. And the innocases over time tend to scratch the silver bezel of the phone. Now if you dont want bulk stay away from the otter box defender case which does provide the best protection but adds A LOT of bulk!! The otter box cases in my opinion provide the best protection and I think the commuter series is stylish. I am just speaking from personal experience
    01-20-10 08:34 PM
    If bulk is one of your big concerns take a look at this instead:
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Storm 2 9520/9550 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I have these on just about everything (iPod, GPS, Storm2) and the Storm2 I have the full body one not just the screen.
    01-20-10 09:57 PM
    I just got the Innocase II and love it. For me it provides the right combination of protection and slimness. The material feels really nice.....slides in and out of my pocket easily. I dropped it on my garage concrete floor and the phone and case survived without a scratch.

I replaced a VZ silicone one which did not provide very good protection and was too sticky to go in and out of my pocket.

My only complaint is $29 seems way overpriced.
    01-21-10 12:39 AM
    I just got the Innocase II and love it. For me it provides the right combination of protection and slimness. The material feels really nice.....slides in and out of my pocket easily. I dropped it on my garage concrete floor and the phone and case survived without a scratch.

I replaced a VZ silicone one which did not provide very good protection and was too sticky to go in and out of my pocket.

My only complaint is $29 seems way overpriced.
    you dropped your $500.00 phone on your garage concrete floor and it survived without a scratch. do you think maybe that's because you had a good quality case on it? i wonder how well your phone would have survived with your cheap vz silicone case?

i can't believe how many people on here carry around a $500.00 phone and aren't willing to spend a few dollars on protection.
    01-21-10 12:49 AM
    Thanks for all of your responses thats great. Has anyone used the innocase and the innocase holster combo?? Thanks
    01-21-10 12:50 AM
    I have the Barely There case and love it. It doesn't offer quite as much protection as the Inno2 but it is much slimmer and lighter. Try it for 30 days and if you don't like it just return it to CM and they will refund you your money.
    01-21-10 09:21 AM
    you dropped your $500.00 phone on your garage concrete floor and it survived without a scratch. do you think maybe that's because you had a good quality case on it? i wonder how well your phone would have survived with your cheap vz silicone case?

i can't believe how many people on here carry around a $500.00 phone and aren't willing to spend a few dollars on protection.
    You make a valid point that $29 to protect a $500 phone is cheap. Clearly I agree with you since I bought the case. My comment was that the profit margin on the making the case has to be very high. I still think it is over priced compared to other cases on the market.

I do also have the holster and like it.
    01-21-10 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD