Pretty frustrating:

It asks me to update the software, so of course i do. Updates can only be better, right?

WRONG!!!!

Now, you can only listen to the scanner channel for ten minutes. Then it boots you and asks for you to subscribe to the app. I think the cost is like six bucks.

Anyone know of another fire/police scanner that's free?
    01-20-10 03:20 PM
    I use it all the time

Been like that since this past August/September.
    And it's $4.99

You can email the dev if you wish to ask why the cost for the upgrade...

BBScanner.com: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry - Home
    01-20-10 03:30 PM
    Its worth every penny anyways.
    01-20-10 03:37 PM
    I just found the app for the first time yesterday. I think its great. When my trial version is up I plan on ordering the actual version. Lets me know what the guys at work are doing when I am not there
    01-20-10 04:05 PM
    It amazes me that people get tons of use out of an app they love, that someone spent time and resources to create, then when it comes to paying for it, now all of a sudden they have somehow been slighted.

Support app developers. They provide a service. It's all about supply and demand. The demand for a free product escalates and the developer decides it's time to start getting reimbursed for his time and effort. Isn't that kind of the point?

I'm just sayin'.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 04:18 PM
    They have Haiti scanners on there now too. Nice app.
    01-20-10 04:19 PM
    Gordon has been working long and hard on this app. By far my favorite app. For all the updates/additions he has created, it is a deal at $4.99.
    01-21-10 06:15 AM
    It amazes me that people get tons of use out of an app they love, that someone spent time and resources to create, then when it comes to paying for it, now all of a sudden they have somehow been slighted.

Support app developers. They provide a service. It's all about supply and demand. The demand for a free product escalates and the developer decides it's time to start getting reimbursed for his time and effort. Isn't that kind of the point?

I'm just sayin'.

Exactly! Many people wouldn't do something for free, yet they get so upset when somebody wants to charge the equivalent of a lunch from Taco Bell for an app. They put a lot of time and effort in to these apps, so a fee is reasonable.
    01-21-10 06:32 AM
    Actually when was the last time you priced a "Digital Scanner", the cheapest they start out at is a 2-3 HUNDRED bucks, so the next time you spend 5 bucks on fast food (or anything else for that matter) remember that.

Not to mention, a scanner will only give you local area that it can pick up, "BBScanner" lets you listen all over the world.

Quit being so damn cheap
    01-21-10 07:55 AM
    For the time and effort that is put in from Gordon on this app it is truly amazing!! It is the only one of it's kind and the best in my book. As soon as it went from a free beta to a paid app I paid immediately!! It is super cheap at $5 and with unlimited PIN changes it makes changing phones very simple. But hey you can always listen to the weather in the app for free. ;-)
    01-21-10 10:06 AM
    It asks me to update the software, so of course i do. Updates can only be better, right?

WRONG!!!!

Now, you can only listen to the scanner channel for ten minutes. Then it boots you and asks for you to subscribe to the app. I think the cost is like six bucks.
    BBScanner became a paid application July 27th when the beta testing stage finished, since that time all updates to the application have been (and always will be) completely free. The application can also be transferred to newer phones forever without you having to register the application again.

-- Gordon
    01-21-10 11:00 AM
    I will have to agree with the rest in here, $5 is not that expensive for a app that you like. skip mcdonalds today.

Pay the guy for his work.

I downloaded this as a trial and I remember very clearly that there was a certain amount of unlimited use for the trial, and after that it would only work for 10 minutes a day. I found that I did not use it that much, so I deleted it. I am glad that they at least offered a free trial. If I would have used it more, $5 was a steal IMO, and I would have paid it. And the app worked great
    01-21-10 11:19 AM
    I got in on it when it at the beginning when it was $2.99. But its worth every bit of $5. I hate to give Gordon ideas but its worth every bit of $20. Great app.
    01-21-10 12:28 PM
    ... I hate to give Gordon ideas but its worth every bit of $20. Great app.
    Shhhhhhhhh

01-21-10 12:31 PM
    I use it all the time also - got it free - and when it was time to pay up, I paid right away.
    01-21-10 02:01 PM
    Had this app from close to the beginning, great app, defiantly worth the money.

Gordon is awesome as well, quick responder if you have a problem, even continued to try and help after we found it had nothing to do with the app.

High Five!
    01-21-10 02:13 PM
    I got 1.7.6.3 working fine on my 9700 but i get a message in the app that I should downgrade to 1.7.1 due to some issue. Anyone know what this is?
    01-21-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD