What is the latest and greatest news on the blackberry storm 3? Anyone have new insight?

01-20-10 03:18 PM
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
    01-20-10 03:57 PM
    If anything the keyboard would slide out of the bottom, that does not look like a BB keyboard at all! Not sure if they want the Storm to look like a POS Impression.
    01-20-10 04:04 PM
    Please stop wanting and wondering if the next Blackberry will have a slide out keyboard. Its not going to happen. Its my #1 pet peeve on this website. If you want a little "cool" toy like that grab a Japanese phone. Its not going to happen at RIM.
    01-20-10 04:15 PM
    If anything the keyboard would slide out of the bottom, that does not look like a BB keyboard at all! Not sure if they want the Storm to look like a POS Impression.
    People who don't have a Storm can't seem to picture a Storm with a keyboard like the one pictured by the OP. The reason being that you all have a one dimensional BB, that is it functions only in one position. The Storms are, however, two dimensional in that you can rotate it 90 degrees and view the screen in landscape (just as a Bold has the screen in landscape when the phone is held with the keyboard at the bottom.)
    01-20-10 06:55 PM
    Yeah, that doesn't look like a BB keyboard.

This device would interest me, however, if blackberry had a decent browser.
    01-20-10 07:14 PM
    This is a fake that's been floating around for some time. It's a WinMo keyboard.
    01-20-10 10:03 PM
    This is a fake that's been floating around for some time. It's a WinMo keyboard.
    The image wasn't meant to be real. If you read the article it states that the image is for descriptive purposes. btw, it is actually an LG keyboard
    01-20-10 11:17 PM
    who knows if it's true.. smells like BS IMHO....

Hands on/initial impression of Storm 3
    01-20-10 11:33 PM
    I would *consider* dropping my Android phone if the storm 3 had a slideout Keyboard AND was on Sprint. Since I do not see the latter happening anytime this century, I will be happy with the Android and the Tour.
    01-21-10 06:43 AM
    Actually, to be exact, thats the keyboard from an LG GW520 (Etna 3G), not a bad phone and pretty popular too.

Obviously any true variation of the Storm 3 (if and when) would never have that keyboard, but none the less, it's a good keyboard having used it a bit
    01-21-10 07:16 AM
    Please stop wanting and wondering if the next Blackberry will have a slide out keyboard. Its not going to happen. Its my #1 pet peeve on this website. If you want a little "cool" toy like that grab a Japanese phone. Its not going to happen at RIM.
    Sorry to disappoint you but ill make sure to send you an I told you so once RIM's portrait slider is released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 08:21 AM
    Its maybe cause I think slider phones looks cheesy but I'm not a big fan of RIM coming out with a slider phone. I wasn't a fan of a touchscreen phone by RIM until I used the Storm. A Palm type keyboard that comes out from the bottom but still I wont like it.
    01-21-10 01:36 PM
    I think a bb with a slider would be cool. But we will have to wait and see.
    01-21-10 02:51 PM
    they shouldnt add a keyboard to the new storm
    01-21-10 03:01 PM
    Im kind of iffy on the quality of sliding BB parts, but would like to see a palm pre slider BB. That would be the best phone made IMO.
    01-21-10 03:13 PM
    A big no to a slider - the new touch technology is more than fine!!
    01-22-10 03:47 AM
    I would love to have a slide out keyboard on the new storm. That is the only reason I did not get the storm 2. A lot of people would like it, even the people that hate to type on a touch screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 09:30 PM
    A bb slider is prolly going to happen eventually. Its just not going to be a Storm. It will be something else. The Storm is the touch only bb.
    01-23-10 08:44 AM
    BB doesn't need new handsets every 6 mos... what it needs is a *new*, *modern* OS!!!
    01-23-10 09:43 AM
    its already been said that a slider is not going to happen.
    01-23-10 10:17 AM
    I really doubt that we will see a slider. Also i think that it is a bit soon to be looking for leaks of the S3 as the S2 has not been out all that long. There was just under a year between the storm 1 and 2. IMO i expect to see RIM make the storm updates an annual thing so we would be quite lucky to see anything for a few months yet.
    01-23-10 01:24 PM
    I wonder how many people said we will never see a touch screen BB
    01-25-10 03:17 PM
    Here is the legitimate (supposebly) storm 3 thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f150/ha...rm-3-a-393674/
    01-25-10 04:12 PM
    GREAT SOMEONE STOLE MY AVATAR!!!

On another note...
    Looks like AT&T is tired of the crap it's getting with the VZW ad and wants to get rid of the Iphone period as it sinks it's network.....

Maybe this will make way for a GSM Storm version, aka S3. I think AT&T realizes how popular it would put them if they had it...

Oh well maybe one day...

Report: AT&T's iPhone Exclusivity Could End

By Kevin McLaughlin, ChannelWeb

5:31 PM EST Mon. Jan. 25, 2010
    Jan. 27 is the date when Apple (NSDQ:AAPL) will unveil its latest creation, and it may also go down as the date when Apple ends its exclusive U.S. iPhone distribution deal with AT&T.

Interestingly, AT&T (NYSE:T) apparently doesn't have a problem with this. Over the weekend, the blog HotHardware reported that AT&T is growing tired of dealing with the strain that iPhone users have been putting on its network, and with the ensuing flood of negative feedback that has resulted.

Quoting AT&T insiders, HotHardware reported over the weekend that AT&T's recent moves to support Windows Mobile, Android and webOS-based phones is a sign of the looming end to its iPhone exclusivity, and signals AT&T's desire to allow others to share the brunt of iPhone-related criticism.

One scenario that has been bandied about for months within the Apple blogosphere is that Apple may develop a CDMA version of the iPhone to allow it to run on Verizon (NYSE:VZ)'s network. Apple hasn't indicated that this is in the cards, but one wireless solution provider doesn't think this would be difficult from an engineering perspective.

"I'm don't know whether or not there would be physical complexities related to the actual size of the chipset and supporting circuitry but, from a communications perspective, it's just a matter of swapping the chipset and plugging in the right driver code," said Joe Bardwell, president and chief scientist of Connect802, a wireless solution provider in San Ramon, Calif.

AT&T's iPhone exclusivity agreement, which has been in place since the iPhone's launch in June 2007, was a boon to the carrier early on, but AT&T has been dealing with a growing tide of customer complaints in recent months. Dropped calls and poor 3G reception have been most pronounced in New York City and San Francisco, areas with the densest iPhone subscribership.

In December, Ralph de la Vega, chief executive of AT&T Mobility, ignited a firestorm of criticism by suggesting that AT&T may institute usage based pricing for wireless data instead of the flat rate of $30 per month it currently charges.

Although AT&T subscribers believe the carrier hasn't spent enough on upgrading its network to handle the iPhone, some industry figures have come up with alternative, and sometimes controversial explanations. In December, Roger Entner, senior vice president for telecommunications research at Nielsen, claimed the iPhone's poorly designed "air interface," or the electronics that connect the device to cell towers, was negatively affecting both voice and data throughput on the device.

Last week, Gerard Hallaren, director of research at TownHall Investment Research, a Littleton, Colo.-based investment research firm, said AT&T needs to invest about $5 billion in its networks to catch up in terms of performance and coverage with its competitors.
    01-25-10 05:58 PM
155 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD