I have all my Sound Profiles sent to work both in and out of the Holster. using custom profiles settings.. That said, my phone only vibes in holster without any sounds at all. Anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts on fixes

Thanks Again
    Last edited by 70roadrunner; 01-20-10 at 11:32 AM.
    01-20-10 11:29 AM
    sounds like your profiles aren't set up properly. double check that you have the in holster setting configured correctly.
    01-20-10 11:40 AM
    i have this same issue. came on the forum today just to see if there were any solutions. i was figuring it might be an os bug, but im no expert.
    01-20-10 11:41 AM
    i speak for myself when i say this, but its a pretty simple setup and not much you can change. that being said, i have tried many different setups, and it hasn't changed the way it works. i can get it to vibrate but it wont do any custom ringtones.

*edit** it wont ring with a pre-loaded blackberry ringtone (BBPro_GungHo) either.
    Last edited by savage_beast; 01-20-10 at 11:49 AM.
    01-20-10 11:42 AM
    can you post a screenshot of your profile set up screen?
    01-20-10 12:24 PM
    can you post a screenshot of your profile set up screen?
    this is mine.
    01-20-10 12:37 PM
    this is mine.
    What OS are you using? Your screen shot looks very different from what my setup looks like.
    01-20-10 12:47 PM
    What OS are you using? Your screen shot looks very different from what my setup looks like.
    Lol there is definitely a lot of stuff missing from that menu...
    01-20-10 01:50 PM
    i'm having the same issues. It's just been with contacts tho. When i setup my profile, i set Tune_Entertainer and vibration on. When an unknonwn number calls, It plays after two long vibrations. But when someone in my contacts calls, it rings with ClassicPhone. And, if i add the unknown number to my contacts, it starts to play classic. I haven't touched the custom ring tone, but it defaults to classic for some reason. I haven't been able to read up on that, i don't know if its an issue for others. Anyone?
    01-20-10 02:03 PM
    Ongoing issue with Ring tones and Sound Profiles - do a quick search and you'll see.

Supposedly 5.0 is around the corner and provides a fix for these Sound/Profile issues. I personally came form a Curve and it had much more flexibility.

With the 9630 (VZ) it automatically assigns a default Rng tone and Message tone to every new contact - including contacts you may import form another BB, it's been very frustrating.

I've heard 5.0 is Feb/March time frame - hang in there!
    01-20-10 02:09 PM
    that is the contact change message screen. it seems to be where the problem lies.
    im running os 4.7.1.57 on a sprint 9630.
    01-20-10 02:19 PM
    that is the contact change message screen. it seems to be where the problem lies.
    im running os 4.7.1.57 on a sprint 9630.

I'm running the same OS ..
    01-20-10 03:45 PM
    I am running one 5.0.0.238 hack and I have very similar issues when the phone is in my Otterbox case. I have not done too much research on it since I know the official release is not too far away.
    01-20-10 08:05 PM
    Maybe the official 5.0 OS will be different, but I'm running 5.0.0.419 and I have all kinds of ringtone "issues." Sometimes the custom ringtone I have for a contact will work when they call, but not when they text. Or vice versa. And several contacts have "classic ringer" assigned to them, but not by me. If I try to set those back to the default ringtone I've selected, they are then listed under the "Contact Alert" list. I have too many contacts to go through individually & change them & don't want a "contact alert" list that long anyway. It's frustrating & I sure hope it gets fixed by the time the "official" 5.0 release comes out... Other than that, I'm loving 5.0, especially threaded SMS!
    01-20-10 08:25 PM
    my company is about to switch all our phones from sprint to verizon, so i guess ill wait on the upgrade til i get the verizon tour.
    01-20-10 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD