Hi, today on my way home from school it started to rain pretty hard. I had my Storm in my pocket, but held my pocket so it would not rub against my phone. The back of it, which was facing outward got damp and everything worked fine when I got home; I took out battery and made sure everything was dry but when I put the battery in the Red indicator light just blinks. Any advice on what to do?
    01-19-10 09:14 PM
    Ok, so it started up but now its stuck at the rotating square boot screen thing XD
    01-19-10 10:04 PM
    Leave the battery out, and put it in the oven at 115 deg F for about an hour to dry it out. Don't use the microwave!! Once it cools off about an hour or so, put the battery back in and try it again. THe battery may also need a charge. Good luck!
    I use mine around the boat all summer, so it gets damp from time to time. Fortunately, we have sunshine to do the drying out. BlackBerry's also have moisture sensing stickers inside the phone and on the battery. They look like a do not enter sign. If it gets wet, the sticker turns bright red. Unfortunately, they can't be reset, so there may be a warranty issue there. Good luck, and let us all know what happens!
    01-20-10 12:47 PM
    leave the battery out for 24 hours or so. It needs to dry out and once it does it should work fine. I would not put it in the oven though.
    01-20-10 12:57 PM
    a bag of uncooked rice works great for pulling out moisture from electronic devices.
    01-20-10 01:01 PM
    Ok I'll try that, thanks
    01-20-10 08:14 PM
    yes rice no to the oven
    01-20-10 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD