OK.. Storm 2 was released and I was in line.. Purchased it with half Cash and half on my CC (Upgrade price).

15 days later my S2 was going south.. Called CS and they said they will send me another one and if its not back within X amount of days, they will charge my account $249.00.. I agreed.

Got my new S2 and about a week later I sent my old one back.. Checked fedex tracking and they received it..

November bill was accurate..
    December bill had an Equipment charge of $249.00 I called and they said they received it and to expect the credit on the next billing cycle..
    January I had a balance due of $249.00 plus $5 late fee.. I called and explained.. They had no record of return.. I said last month the CS said they had it.. I also gave them the tracking number.. They said the charge on my Account was not about the return but for the original purchase of my S2.. I never paid for it.. I laughed.. WHAT?? I paid.. I have a receipt and everything. Now I have to find the receipt and fax it to them that its paid. WOW.... Now for giggles, I called the store where i purchased the phone.. They looked up my records back in October and sure enough, he told me exactly what I said. Half on CC and Half Cash and they will print out the receipt for me.. Again WOW.. Now I have to run around, find the receipt and if I cant find it, drive to Verizon so they could print it out and than go fax the darn thing..

Lets see what happens next..
    01-19-10 03:38 PM
    I wouldn't say they are trying to screw you. They are just incompetent.
    01-19-10 03:42 PM
    Well at least they're helping you. Yeah it's inconvenient and they should've got it right the first time- I totally agree with that. But thay're not screwing you at all. They're fixing their mistake and that's all you can expect them to do going forward from here.
    01-19-10 03:42 PM
    Yeah, billing mistakes don't happen.
    01-19-10 04:09 PM
    What probably happened is they didn't get the phone back in time. The billing system will charge you for the price of the phone if it is not returned. Simple form to fill out and you'll have it off in a few days.
    01-19-10 05:08 PM
    Ok... Screw was wrong term.. But like I mentioned last month I called and they said all was all set and next billing cycle I would see the credit.. Phone was sent exactly on day 10 (Signature on file).
    01-19-10 05:18 PM
    Ok... Screw was wrong term.. But like I mentioned last month I called and they said all was all set and next billing cycle I would see the credit.. Phone was sent exactly on day 10 (Signature on file).
    It will "eventually" be taken off, but you really need to have CS fill out a direct fulfillment non-return credit form. Have the rep follow up with you when they see approval - that's what I do for customers anyway..

I hate incompetence and this is something that should have been done the first time you called.
    01-19-10 05:25 PM
    Yeah, billing mistakes don't happen.
    LoL ,,,, that's funny you can google vzw billing mistakes and get a long list of them.

oh btw my vzw bill's been getting cheaper for the last few months for no reason , hope they keep up the good work LOL
    01-20-10 05:17 AM
    titled edited!
    01-20-10 10:10 AM
    titled edited!

LOL.. Couldn't figure out why I couldn't find my post..

Anyways, weird.. They wanted proof of purchase for my phone and I faxed it to them yet its on the website under Equipment receipts..

Guess Ill call tomorrow and hear another issue they came up with..
    01-20-10 05:35 PM
    Well at least they're helping you. Yeah it's inconvenient and they should've got it right the first time- I totally agree with that. But thay're not screwing you at all. They're fixing their mistake and that's all you can expect them to do going forward from here.
    Not to sound like a Verizon *fangirl* or anything, but I've found this to be true, in general. Mistakes are made - it happens everywhere...how a company handles it makes all the difference. In my experience, Verizon has stepped up to correct their mistakes 99.9% of the time.
    01-20-10 06:05 PM
    LoL ,,,, that's funny you can google vzw billing mistakes and get a long list of them.

oh btw my vzw bill's been getting cheaper for the last few months for no reason , hope they keep up the good work LOL
    I was being sarcastic...
    01-20-10 07:27 PM
    I am wondering if I just had the same problem. I got a curve 2 with my upgrade a month or so ago. I was charged $99 to my bill. I had the curve2 for about a day or so and decided that I didnt like it and wanted to get the tour instead. I took the curve2 up to the store near me and they changed it out to a tour. They charged me $159 on top of the $99 I had already paid so that my total charge was $259 for a tour on a two year agreement. My total bill was $449 last month. Does anyone know if the tour was $250? Or can someone from here pull up my account?
    01-20-10 07:53 PM
    I am wondering if I just had the same problem. I got a curve 2 with my upgrade a month or so ago. I was charged $99 to my bill. I had the curve2 for about a day or so and decided that I didnt like it and wanted to get the tour instead. I took the curve2 up to the store near me and they changed it out to a tour. They charged me $159 on top of the $99 I had already paid so that my total charge was $259 for a tour on a two year agreement. My total bill was $449 last month. Does anyone know if the tour was $250? Or can someone from here pull up my account?
    Sorry no one here will pull up your account...
    01-20-10 07:55 PM
    Ok, I'm sorry
    01-20-10 07:59 PM
    OK.. Storm 2 was released and I was in line.. Purchased it with half Cash and half on my CC (Upgrade price).

15 days later my S2 was going south.. Called CS and they said they will send me another one and if its not back within X amount of days, they will charge my account $249.00.. I agreed.

Got my new S2 and about a week later I sent my old one back.. Checked fedex tracking and they received it..

November bill was accurate..
    December bill had an Equipment charge of $249.00 I called and they said they received it and to expect the credit on the next billing cycle..
    January I had a balance due of $249.00 plus $5 late fee.. I called and explained.. They had no record of return.. I said last month the CS said they had it.. I also gave them the tracking number.. They said the charge on my Account was not about the return but for the original purchase of my S2.. I never paid for it.. I laughed.. WHAT?? I paid.. I have a receipt and everything. Now I have to find the receipt and fax it to them that its paid. WOW.... Now for giggles, I called the store where i purchased the phone.. They looked up my records back in October and sure enough, he told me exactly what I said. Half on CC and Half Cash and they will print out the receipt for me.. Again WOW.. Now I have to run around, find the receipt and if I cant find it, drive to Verizon so they could print it out and than go fax the darn thing..

Lets see what happens next..
    Sorry you have to waste time on it. Those things are frustrating. But not life altering.
    01-20-10 08:01 PM
    Sorry you have to waste time on it. Those things are frustrating. But not life altering.

Sure it is.. It added another gray hair on my head...
    01-21-10 06:02 AM
    7 days later and still they haven't resolved this.. Few days ago I called to check on status and one lady hung up on me while i was telling her the story (No, i was not rude or upset to her) and the 2nd lady said, She can't find it anywhere... ??????????
    01-26-10 02:40 PM
    7 days later and still they haven't resolved this.. Few days ago I called to check on status and one lady hung up on me while i was telling her the story (No, i was not rude or upset to her) and the 2nd lady said, She can't find it anywhere... ??????????
    i am going through a similar issue. I returned two phones in Dec. They were signed for at VZ on Dec 15th. I received credit for one, but not the other. Every time I call, I am told I should see the credit any day now. Well, two billing cycles later and 6 phone calls, still no credit. Today, I called and asked to speak with a manager. I was put on hold for 15 mins, then the rep came back and said the manager was too busy. I told her I would not pay my bill until I get my credit, I then asked if the manager is still too busy. She said he walked away.

I hung up and filed a complaint with the BBB. I got a reply back from the BBB that said I should hear from Verizon in 48 hrs. I will let you know what happens.
    01-26-10 10:08 PM
    There's a process they have to go through to get a credit issued for a situation like this. Even if that rep wanted to give you a credit she wouldn't have been able to. She would have had to submit a form for an investigation and that investigation would need closed before you get a credit.
    01-26-10 10:13 PM
    call Verizon and you will most likely be charged a 35.00 restocking fee on the curve
    I had to change phones and they had double billed me too It took a couple of phone calls to get it cleared up. I also had been told it wouldn't be on the current month that this had happened on and viola ! they were wrong so I got billed earlier than I had anticipated. My bill was just as high. But they were able to get it straightened out. Just took a little time.
    01-27-10 12:59 AM
    13 days and still when I call they have no idea... They ask for the tracking number and I say you have it on record and they say oh,,, Yea here it is.. They ask for other info and I say you have that on record and they say yep there it is, and now a third time doing paperwork to find the darn phone.. I should of kept it and everything would of been less stressful..
    02-01-10 02:47 PM
    Google Verizon Wireless Executive Relations.
    02-01-10 03:15 PM
    **UPDATE** Verizon called me this morning and finally took care of it.. Told me I have a $3.50 balance on my Account.. I said don't forget about the $5.00 Late fee and now I have a -$1.50.

While it did take a long time and all the reps were trying to help me (besides one that hung up on me for no reason), I am very satisfied with the results..
    02-02-10 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD