Please remember this is just an opinion...

I am going to change from the Storm 2 to the Tour. The Tour 2 sounds nice but I really don't care for the trackpad after using it on the 9700. When you drive a lot the trackpad leans to more mistakes in navigation to me. Wifi is also something I never use.

The Storm 2 is a great device but again it is hard for me to use while driving (one hand navigation).

Once the 5.0 update is released I believe it will be near perfect for my uses.
    01-19-10 03:03 PM
    I'm sticking with my tour. I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 03:12 PM
    Here in NC its like a $200 ticket if you get caught texting while driving..(being intexticated ) Sounds like you need to stick with the Tour, its a pretty sleek looking device. My bro has one and he really likes it... I just don't see how you could type with those really small buttons?? But apparently its really easy bc tons of people have that phone and do it all the time.
    01-19-10 03:22 PM
    I have both the Tour1 and Storm1. Typing on the storm does require both hands. Because of its touch interface, trying to press down the screen while in one hand, sometimes your palm will slightly be touching the screen and when you hit the button with your thumb, the letter wont register. it does get frustrating when your other hand is occupied. But when you have both hands available, i really do love my storm.

The tour is much easier to type with just one hand. obviously with the physical keyboard its really simple. the buttons may be small but once you get used to it, its definitely the quicker texter phone.
    01-19-10 03:35 PM
    How can they prove you were texting? I don't understand that

01-19-10 03:47 PM
    How can they prove you were texting? I don't understand that

im assuming that it doesnt matter if you were texting or not, because i'm sure the cops are alowd to ticket you as long as they see that you're holding the phone while driving, whether it be calling, texting, changing a song, setting up bluetooth, etc.

My friend got a ticket for changing songs on his ipod, but the cop said he was texting on his phone. There's no way to prove that he was on his ipod either when he brought the ticket to the court.
    01-19-10 03:50 PM
    Let me clarify by saying I do not make a habit of texting while driving. I do use the phone a lot however with my Bluetooth and the physical keyboard makes placing call much easier.

I know you can use Voicedial stuff but the speed limits here in AZ are 75MPH so there is a lot of background noise.

The trackball (when not dirty) works better IMO than the pad. The pad is touchy to me.
    01-19-10 09:47 PM
    I'm not saying I've never done it before, but texting while driving is a HORRIBLE idea. When I see someone doing it behind me in traffic I get so pissed knowing they might end up driving into me if traffic stops.

If you get pulled over for using a phone, they can use phone records to prove that you were texting.

To answer the original question, the Tour is great for one-handed use!
    01-20-10 08:47 AM
    Texting while driving should be expanded to "touching the phone" while driving. People need to get Bluetooth!
    01-20-10 09:23 AM
    It is true even touching the phone is distracting. However, I get more nervous with people eating...
    01-20-10 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD