I have a Tour (Sprint) running the stock 4.7.1.57 OS. It tends to just freeze at any given time. The best example I can provide is that I'll not use it for 10-15 minutes and then pick it up and check through messages, etc. and after 3-4 minutes of use, it will just freeze- It freezes in all kinds of areas of use: while in the middle of typing, while reading (move trackball to scroll...no text/screen movement), while browsing the Web- you name it. I've even had it freeze while on the home screen and when moving the trackball to highlight the calendar or browser the trackball moves, but the icons do not highlight! It's bizzare. It will usually stay "frozen" for about 8-15 seconds and then start operating normally. It tends to do this on a pretty consistent basis- about 5-6 times per day and has become very frustrating.

The only "after-market" apps I am running are BBWeather, Score Mobile, ESPN mobile & Fox News Mobi.

My wife has an identical Tour with the same OS & apps and has not experienced any of these problems.

If you can provide me any ideas on what I can possibly do before I take it in to a Sprint Store, I'd appreciate it. I've pulled the battery many, many times and that hasn't helped.

Thanks!
    01-19-10 03:03 PM
    i believe this is an OS bug that's in 4.7. The freezing happens to me to on 9630/4.7.1.61. Annoying, but not devastating. i haven't seen anyone complain of this bug on OS 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 03:07 PM
    Great...thank you! This is my first time experiencing this with any BlackBerry and it does become very annoying by the end of the day. Hopefully they'll bring out 5.0 soon-
    01-19-10 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD